American Engine Installations / Overcharged for non working vehicle

National office quoted engine replacement for my 1995 Chevrolet Camaro at $2795. Now, more than 8 weeks later, the rebuilt engine won't run, the price is now $4180 and I still don't have my vehicle back. The Knoxville, TN American Engine Installations branch has been giving me double talk from the third week. First I was told the engine would be replaced with a rebuilt one, as my engine had "thrown a rod and made a hole in the oil pan."

Two weeks later I called for a date when I could pick up my vehicle and was told that there was a mix up and that they could locate the LT1 "P" series engine my vehicle required. So, he told me that he was going to ship my engine to the company for a rebuild (!).

One week later, I called again and was told the engine should be back any day.

Days later, he called me to tell me the engine was back in the shop and that "it looks beautiful". I was told that they needed to install all the other parts taken from the engine before processing, re-install it in the vehicle and dp a road test.

I called often, but it was a few weeks later when he finally agreed it might be ready. I found the shop to be way off the beaten path. The car was sitting outside the bay area, with the hood up. He told me that extra parts (water pump, oil pump, oxygen sensor and others) had to be installed and that the cost was going to be more than a thousand dollars higher than we had agreed to and signed the contract for. I knew I was being raped, but I just wanted to get my vehicle and go home. It had been 7 weeks since they towed my car in to their shop!

Well, it would not start. After they tried to start it for more than 45 minutes, I finally gave up (totally disgusted) and went home. He assured me he would call when it was ready.

That was more than a week ago, and he stalls every time I call. I have decided to contact the Tennessee Attorney General's Office and the Better Business Bureau.

Please, Please! Do NOT trust this company with your car!

Comments

• Am
      18th of May, 2009

Sounds similar to my dealings with AEI in Phoenix. SHADY SHADY SHADY!!!