American Cash Awards / is it a scam?

1 Milwaukee, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-414-358-0566

I had a girl come to my door very bubbly and believable after much hesitation I let her in and ended up giving her a check for a magazine to go to the marines and diabetes foundation also getting something. Didnt feel good about it and when I called to cancel coulnt get ahold of anyone at the number. Global marketing is also on the receipt. Am I dumb or is this legit?? HELP!! Never again!! ftft was who I made check out to.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ka
      29th of Jun, 2011

same..He’s been calling us for over a month from the number 876-254-5653. When we finally answer he tells us the same thing that we have won $550, 000. Then asks us what is 1 percent of the $550, 000?...(he’s telling us if we can tell him the percentage, why wouldn’t he already know this!) Anyways so we told him its $5, 500 and he says that’s all he would need from us to send the money. We told him that he could just take it out of the check he wants to send us and continues to ask for our bank # so he can send us the check... he then tells us we know where you live and says our address out loud on the phone...which was a little creepy. So we continue to say if you want to send it you can, where not going to give you our information. Then he hangs up! He calls back again as if nothing happened and goes on pushing for the money. So we hung up, he still calls every now and then to say the same thing. After our interesting phone conversation I looked up the company they where claiming to be "American cash advance" and also found these similar stories. I then called the FBI who said there was nothing they could do to help and because we didn’t give them our info it wasn’t a big deal that these people are calling. This upset me very much these people are pretty much harassing us with calls and trying to swindle us out of our hard earned money and there’s nothing our FBI wants to do about it!

-KD

• In
      23rd of Oct, 2010

their new scheme is, send $450 by western union to joan morgan
    331 ogden mill plaza, cohoes ny 12047. this will give a confirmation number to give to person who comes to you to deliver the 1, 000, 000
    dollars. ---------------inarich@yogina.org

• Ke
      28th of Aug, 2009

I to was scamed in ks here it is 4 months later then I checked this out. i waited cuz it said delivery in 120 days i waited 140 days nothing . They messed with the wrong person this time if u have been scammed by FTFT, American Cash awards, please email the info as above to the address i will get an atty to represent all of us, and take this company down.

• Da
      26th of Nov, 2013

I am Dave Emmitt, and I have lost over $600K to scammers in the last 5 years. I was tested as a child to have a 165 I.Q., but you sure wouldn't know it from what has happened to me. I have run a successful business here in Colorado for the past 30 years, and now it's all gone. I filed bankruptcy last year, my business went under and I almost lost the home I was raised in and I raised my children in. Most recently, I was approached by David White, who has a Jamaican number 876-425-0331. He promised me $2.5M and a BMW Convertible from American Cash Awards in Las Vegas. Why the hell I fell for this is beyond me. I have now sent him over $16K in Green Dot Moneypack Cards, and yesterday he told me he was in Colorado (for the second time), and was delivering my car and the money. He called an hour later saying he had a flat tire. It was the same excuse he used last time. I didn't hear from him until today, when he called to say that "Mr. Washington" called and the State wanted $4K of taxes. I am finally fed up, but once again, wonder what took me so long. If anyone has any idea how we can get these people behind bars, I would help any way I can. daveemmitt@gmail.com

• Sh
      5th of Apr, 2012

The american cash awards co is a wide spread group with many different names this one was located in jamaica the callers had jamaican accents probaly usin fake names like detective williams gen mgr. was Bob Billiah They pretended to help me find the people who had scammed me before . THey would call and say they had some information for me and please call back at 8765788178 and iasked was this ajamaican number they replied no they were in Las Vegas at 3000 las Vegas Blvd much to my dismay I recieved a letter from AT&t thretning to block my Long D9istance Service due to the enormous amount of charges to Jamaica [over 1000 dollars] how can I get these charges charged back to their tel# 876 578 8178 they also requested 2 Money Pak cards for 10000 dollars each I am devaststated I am a widow on a pension they claimed I had won two and half million dollars to be sent to me by UPS . What a fool I was but they were very convincing.

• Kr
      19th of Apr, 2009

Contact Rebecca Wild at the State of Colorado Attorney Generals office, (303) 866-5187. This company is being investigated and I'm sure the more complaints they get the better.

• Al
      10th of Jan, 2014

I just received a call from American Cash Awards with a cell # of (876)408-4170. A Jamaican man called himself David Anderson. He said I won $100, 000 because I paid my bills on time. He asked if I would be home at 4:00 today so that an agent from the bank and an attorney could deliver my check to me. He told me to go Walmart or Walgreen and purchase and "register" by getting a Green Dot Money Pack Scratch Card and put $199 on it. Once I had the card, to call him back and number he called on extension 4 and provide him with the number of the card then he could transfer me to an agent with the bank in order to get my prize winnings delivered to me. He told me to take this seriously and said "this is not a scam". "this is legit". I immediately knew this was a scam but I just stayed on the line with him to get as much information about this scam as possible. I asked him what country he was calling from even though I already knew the cell # was from Jamaica, per my iPhone caller id. He said he was calling from the New York area but immediately went in to explaining that he was using an "offshore Magic Jack" number. Please don't fall victim to these people.

26th of Jul, 2009

Scam. Never let anyone in to your door. Unless they're doing it through their school.

• Hu
      8th of Aug, 2009

What happens if you cancel the check right after writing it? I googled the company right after writing the check. When I saw this page...I cancelled the check immediatley!

Mr. Bince
    Most Recent Scamee

• Zo
      9th of Jun, 2016

Yeah Randy Minks, FU.

• Ke
      28th of Aug, 2009

We need to find an attorney and get everyones names and sue the ### out of theese ### I will find one who will represent all of us. Ill get back with info on how to get involved. In the meantime email me your name and state and complaint i will forward this info to my atty my email is Kennyls987513@yahoo.com

Thanks hope we can put a stop to this.

• Me
      12th of Apr, 2011

Well, low and behold! I received the call also and it was from a Jackson Garvey who wanted me to do a wire transfer through Western Union for the amount of $145.00 to go to a Lue Ann Coleman
    listed at 1518 Sunset Village Dr. in Ducan, TX 75137. He stated I had won $850, 000.000 dollars. I knew it was a scam when he told me to send money and he was verifying the state I lived in and could not say Oklahoma and stated that he was not famaliar with the state's name. He also did not want me to kid around with him about doing the wire transfer because he was sending someone to my home around 1:00 pm to hand me the check, but I had to pay for the fees that were involved first and call him when I had done it. He also warned me that he did not want me to waste the time of those coming to my home, he did not want me to fool around with him about sending the money. Can you believe the audacity of this person? I have turned this information over to the police maybe there is some type of bunco squad to handle this
    problem. I do believe our only protection is people sharing this info with others.

megared

• Gl
      9th of Mar, 2010

I was having the same problem. My son gave cash to a door to door salesman so I thought we would be out the money. However, after calling Family Subscription directly at (816)632-2919, the subscription began showing up at our house 2 weeks later.

• Kc
      15th of Mar, 2010

Is American Cash Awards the same as Midwest Circulation? If so, has anyone had one of these kids take your account&routing # to make other purchases with?I purchased a subscription(Family Fun) but it was supposed to go to a Childrens Hospital.Whether it gets there I wont know, but I dont want them taking my account info!

• Jr
      7th of Jan, 2012

I just paid over $50 cash to a couple "pre-college program" guys who shoved all kinds of glossy, laminated lists of super expensive magazines at me. After reading above comments re: cancellation & refund nightmares, I'm not sure what to do. And BTW, I believe the company was listed in St Petersburg, FL in this particular instance. The "sponsor" name in my encounter was the same: American Cash Awards. Has anyone found valid contact info on this place's website? AFAIK, the first line of defense in such cases would be both the consumer's local and the company's local BBB. Next would be the consumer's state Attorney General's office. However in this case, I believe a lawsuit may be warranted.

• Ta
      16th of Jun, 2010

help! i was scammed! they took my order for a magazine on July 23, 2009 and never received it! I wrote check for 87 dollars! Please contact me tabbyandblake@msn.com

• Hc
      27th of Jul, 2010

Thanks Kris, I was too scammed by this company. I've left a message with the State of Colorado Attorney Generals office about this company.

• De
      5th of Jan, 2013

he has new number

• De
      5th of Jan, 2013

some here he his new number now

• Fn
      23rd of Dec, 2010

I guess I'm not the only one I wrote them a check to for like 65 dollars but felt kind of weird after the kid left the house. So I immediately did everything to cancel the transaction so they wont take the money out, but they still did. That was 2008 didn't get my money and it bothers me a lot. I even got an Email from a KRISTEN HANSON. That i"ll be receiving it but pure BS. never heard from her again she said they were in the process of changing to a different banks and grate lakes were working hard. Hard to keep our money. bluealienn@yahoo.com