Altech Autopage / Useless administration and rudeness

1 South Africa Review updated:

After numerous other problems with Altech Autopage, including the eleven months it took me to get my account changed from debit to cash payment and the complete lack of response to my letters, e.mails, faxes and expensive telephone calls, I have to fight month after month to prove that I have paid. In addition to the handling fee I have to pay for cash payment, I am also expected to fax my bank slip every time I make a payment. Still, the company has been unable to register my payments and in spite of my phone calls and faxes, keeps re-billing old amounts onto my statements. Eventually they told me that I owed them thousands of rands, and shut off my internet access for exacly a month. Our contract is thankfully at an end now, but they are refusing to give us back the Gig of internet data which we have lost due to their administration errors. As we can only get 2 Gig a month, this is a large quantity. I consider it fraud, and want them not only to reimburse me with one Gig free of charge, but also to give me proof that my contract will end and they will not harass me after this month. Furthermore, an apology would be more than appropriate, it is long overdue.

La

Comments

• Cy
      7th of Jul, 2009

I TOTALLY AGREE. THEY ARE DOING THE SAME TO ME . DAYLIGHT ROBBERY.

• Hl
      6th of Oct, 2010

MY SERVICE WAS SUSPENDED THRICE LAST YEAR DUE TO AN UNPAID R350.AUTOPAGE FAILED TO SUBMIT PROOF OF THAT DEBT.NEVERTHELESS, I PAID AND MY ACCOUNT MANAGER PROMISED A REFUND.I AM STILL WAITING...THIS YEAR, AUTOPAGE HAS TWICE DEBITED R407 FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT(I HAVE A R426 STOP ORDER ).ON ENQUIRY, THE CONSULTANTS INSIST THAT I MADE A CASH PAYMENT! NUMEROUS CALLS(at my expense), bank satements and visits to AUTOPAGE SECUNDA THEN FOLLOW BEFORE THE PROBLEM IS SORTED, ONLY TO RE-APPEAR AFTER A MONTH.EK IS GATVOL!