Ally Gmac / pay off

1 Myrtle Beach, SC, United States Review updated:

On sept. 28, 2010 I called ally/gmac and spoke to a representative to get the pay off on on my husbands truck, after placing me on hold he came back and gave me the total of $26, 187.08 he the connected me with chase so that I could pay by electronic check. I paid the amount in full plus a $15.00 charge for the using this service.in october I recieved a statement showing that I owed $687.37 so I called and was told that yes I owed this and that they had no record of me calling for pay-off, I explained that I called and was given the total and then was connected by them to their payment server, they still insist that the amount was not payoff and was applied to our account. I asked them to investigate this and to use some common sense, why would a I pay $26, 187 and leave a balance? I was told that they would investigate and get back with me within 48hrs, after a week I called them back because I recieved a statement that claimed I now $1309.28 once again I was told that I owed this, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that I would be told the same thing and was not transfered I told them that I wanted the title to our truck and that when you call for "pay off" and then pay the amount that you are given then your balance is zero and that the account is "paid off" and I want the title and if their employees screwed up that is not my problem.

Comments

• Av
      11th of Feb, 2011

I called Ally (formally GMAC, National and some other company) you have to hold more than 10 minutes to speak to a customer specialist. The reason for my call is I am trying to get my payoff amount for my vehicle so my bank can process the payment. I first called on February 8, 2011 and they stated they would fax the letter to me within 24-48 hours. On 2/10/11 I called back since I had not received the fax and spoke to a representative again after 10 minutes on hold (Employee Eren Employee # 663-EEN) and she told me she will send me the fax priority and she apologized for my inconvenience again. It is now February 11, 2011 and I have still not received the fax. I called Ally again and was of course on hold for over 10 minutes then transferred to the payoff dept. were I asked to speak to a Supervisor. I talked with an Assistant Supervisor that asked me if I could hold for three minutes. He stated he was calling over to the faxing dept.? After being on hold for about a minute I was hung up on. Now I am calling back again and of course on hold for 10 minutes only to be transferred to the payoff dept. again. What ever happened to customer service? My car is paid every month on time and auto deducted from my checking. You would think that when I go to buy my new car in the next year or so that they would want my business but I will tell you they will not get it.