AllMyFavoriteShows.com / Scammed out of movies

I recently ordered a set of Judging Amy from www.allmytvshows.com and have since found out I was scammed. I was charged over $125.00 and never received the movies. The contact numbers are disconnected and the live chat operators lie and tell you the order is being processed. I have done some investigating and found this site is bogus as is a host of other dvd sales sites. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE COMPANIES!

More AllMyFavoriteShows.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Do
  11th of Jun, 2007

I have not received an order placed 18 days ago. All email sent to their address is returned as a "delivery failure". No answer on their 800 number.

Pa
  11th of Jun, 2007

An internet search will show you that this is just the latest version of a site that sells what are, essentially, bootleg DVDs -- DVDs made by taping a show from, e.g., TBS or USA, and then converting the resulting tape to DVD format. So the DVDs you are purchasing are absolutely not the regular retail versions of these shows and, as noted, they give pretty awful customer service. Some orders get filled; some do not. And getting a refund when something doesn't arrive is tricky, at best.

Ho
  17th of Jun, 2007

I was just about to place an order from "alllmyfavoriteshows.com" However, I noticed the site wasn't secure although it said it was. I than chatted with the online help and was told "our site is secure" and she provided a link. The link was basically the same site, It was the "about us" page however, the site wasn't secure in anyway. I then asked where they shipped from. She never replied. I than asked if the planned on updated the to be secure and if she could tell me where the shipped from? Her reply was “Thanks for chatting good-bye” Please note if you are thinking about buying from this site beware! I can not say if it’s a scam or not. However, claiming to be a secure site and not being one makes for an uneasy transaction. Not to mention terrible the terrible customer service.

To know if the site is secure you should see HTTPS:// in the address of the website where you are sending credit information. The “S” mean secure. Another thing(PC users) one should do is right click on the mouse inside the page and view the properties press the Certificates tab. This will show you if the site is certified.

Me
  20th of Jun, 2007

I placed an order 14 days ago and was charged $193.51 for my order which I've never received. I tried to contact All My Favorite Shows by phone and by email. The phone number is disconnected and the email was return as undeliverable.
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.

Ma
  24th of Jun, 2007

Having similar difficulties does any have an address to send legal documents for this company?

25th of Jun, 2007

Ordered Laverne and Shirley from them on the 23rd of June... They in turn took out 152.98 twice from my Visa debit card. I tried in vain with emails and live online support, to no avail. Just runaround and promises. Put in a complaint to my bank and canceled my debit card, hopefully will be able to get my money back and will never deal with any of these sort of sites again... Lesson learned.

25th of Jun, 2007

Sorry, I ordered it in May... not June... Dummy!

30th of Jun, 2007

Just received my DVD's... all taped from Lifetime, broken boxes, just labeled with the DVD #, no episode guide and the quality of the shows are very grainy at best. Very disappointed, but you get what you pay for, and will not make this mistake again. I suggest no one ever order from this place!

Br
  6th of Jul, 2007

I have been searching for episodes on DVD of "I'll Fly Away", a critically-acclaimed, but moderately successful series in the 90s. Having checked my local Barnes and Noble in-store computer data-base of DVDs available, "I'll Fly Away" did not show up. However, searching on the web, I found Allmyfavoriteshows.com. I was a little surprised that ONLY they offered this series. The packaging shown looks pretty professional, but the synopsis of the show was written by someone with a fifth grade education (or a non-native speaker). The grammar is horrendous. That was the give-away. I then merely "googled" "Complaints Allmyfavoriteshows.com" and up popped this website. I suspected that they were copying VHS recordings of shows onto DVD. I also suspect that they reason they are still in business is that despite the ".com" URL, they are not operating in the US, and US law enforcement has no jurisdiction unless there is an importer involved. If individuals order from overseas, I don't think US authorities have much leverage. I know some US corporation must own the rights to the show I was interested in, but I suspect that they are unable to seek redress under the laws of the country where this place is operating from. Unfortunately, the internet has many characteristics of the "Wild West".

Ke
  12th of Jul, 2007

I purchased Boston Public from this company and received it all right. It was recorded from the WE network. Did have some bad quality on one of the episodes, but overall so far it has been adequate. Was going to order the Everwood series from them but changed my mind after reading the comments here.

Ar
  15th of Jul, 2007

I ordered a box set of the show The Shield about a month ago but have yet to receive any kind of update on the delivery. This site is a scam had to learn my lesson the hard way.

Ka
  22nd of Jul, 2007
AllMyFavoriteShows.com - Scam

Ordered DVD's on June 25, 2007. $225.98 charged to credit card on Jun3 28, 2007. Haven't received merchandise. Their email address to contact regarding orders is no longer valid.

Beware!

Kl
  24th of Jul, 2007

I ordered from this company... you need to call their 800 number before 8 am if you really want to talk to someone... you also have to follow up daily with the tracking information... they told me it was on backorder after I called them, then it was shipping... the canada post office had no information on the tracking number that they gave me... finally after several threats to contact the attorney general, banks, credit cards, and anyone else... I got my package... unfortunately... the set that I got isn't playing the video the whole way through... So back to the threats and when I finally do get my videos... I WILL CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL, THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, AN ATTORNEY, AND EVERY CREDIT CARD COMPANY THAT I CAN FIND TO PUT THEM ON THE "WATCH LIST" FOR FRAUDULENT PRACTICES.

Ji
  24th of Jul, 2007

Merchandise and customer service for this company suck. shoddy merchandise and/or merchandise not received, but the credit card was charged for the whole order. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Ra
  25th of Jul, 2007
AllMyFavoriteShows.com - Scam

Ordered complete tv seies' who's the boss', card charged on july 13,2007, dvd's not received, unable to communicate with company!

People beware!!!

Ra
  25th of Jul, 2007

What good does it do to file a complaint? Does 'Google' take any responsibility in providing a fraudulent web page? Is their any law enforcement agency contacted and/or follow up against the fraudulent company?

Co
  28th of Jul, 2007

Mr. Donley u could not be more right i can't believe google allows these con-artists to post their site on google. The entire site is a scam... these as**oles have about 6 other websites with different names but with the exact same 1-877-TV-SHOW toll free number! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE AND OTHER LINKED SITES!

El
  7th of Aug, 2007
AllMyFavoriteShows.com - Sold copied DVD's to buyer!

It is clear that the DVD's I ordered of that 70's show are copied. The DVD which it was copied on holds only 120 min of recording time and my DVR showed the disc having over 2 hours and 30 min of recorded footage. The episodes skip and on the first disc the frame froze on me and I couldn't at first figure out why. I then tried another one of my DVD players, clicked the next button and showed nothing else recorded. The entire episode was cut off. I am very disappointed because I ordered this DVD collection for my husband's birthday. We cannot keep these. I have tried calling and email but am not able to do neither of the two.

Ms
  9th of Aug, 2007
AllMyFavoriteShows.com - Poor quality DVD's

I ordered from their website all the episodes of Cagney and Lacey.Not only are they taped from the television as it advertises the programs on after the show but so far the DVD's I have tried to watch on one disc alone there are three episodes that won't play at all, one stops in the middle of the show and are of general poor quality. I have tried to contact the company without any success and somehow they have managed to remove me from accessing their website. In total I am out of pocket £73.50 but the disappointment of trusting it was a genuine offer for something I have wanted to own for a long time my disappointment is the overriding feeling.

Ru
  10th of Aug, 2007
AllMyFavoriteShows.com - Pirated dvd's

I ordered 2 dvd's from the allmyfavorite shows. com. The first t.v. show "Brooklyn Bridge" came a week after I ordered it, Quality was very poor and came with ads for 1960 cars! The second dvd they said is on it's way. I don't want it but I have no way of canceling it My credit card co. charged me $161.00. Please let me know if there is anything I can do about this. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income and I am housebound.

Thank you, Ruby Orellanes.