Allied Interstate / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:
Allied Interstate has been calling my cell phone number and then hanging up when I would answer. I used my home phone and called the number that showed on my cell phone. After pushing English button a man came on the phone. I said some one called my cell phone from this number. He wanted to know what my number was and I said not before you tell me who you are. He said this is Allied Interstate. I said okay I would like to speak to your complaints department. He said we don't have one. I wasn't surprised. He then went into trying to collect data from me. I said thank you and hung up. They weren't interested in helping me so why should I help them.

Comments

12th of Jun, 2008
How can I get Allied Interstate to STOP calling my home? I am very ill and was told by my doctors to rest and sleep as much as I can. What I joke that statement has turned into the past at least month now if not longer. Since sometime around mid April I have been receiving calls from 6:45am est to 9:30pm est from Allied Interstate. I mostly get a recording telling to me dial a 1-800 number it is urgent they talk with me.

After about the 5th day of getting woke up at all times of the day I called the number. I was told the call was recorded for training reasons and Henery asked me for my phone number. I gave it to him and he asked me was I someone I never heard of. I told him no I was not that I had just got the phone number the month prior. He said no troubles he will take my number out the system. What a LIE that turned out to be.

I now receive 5 to 7 calls a day starting like clock work at 6:45am and can go on all day long into the very late evening. I have called these people many, many times asking them to please STOP calling that I was NOT who they are looking for. I got a laugh and was told yah right lady and I am the easter bunny.I was also told the calls will not stop till I pay my bill. IT is NOT my Bill I screamed out of frustration and hung up.

Yesterday I was at my wits end not knowing what to do so I decided turn about was fair play. I called them idiots every 10 minutes on the minute asking for someone who didn't exist. I could tell by the 25th call that I made they were getting upset. By the 40th phone call I placed I asked them how they liked being bothered. I promised them if I receive a call tomorrow morning I will start all over yet again.

I am to ill to be playing games with a bunch of idiots that can not confirm a telephone number actually still belongs to the person they are looking for. Sad to say they are such idiots they cant seem to call people themselves. I get a tapped voice morning wake up call every day and its getting to the point where I want to pull my phone out the wall. People say take the phone off the hook. Well my medical condition I can not do that. My phone HAS to remain working and on the hook 24 hours a day. Can someone PLEASE explain to me why these people are allowed to bother people they are not even looking for? Better yet PLEASE tell me how to make it all STOP!!!
  12th of Jun, 2008
I have been getting wake up calls from Allied Interstate between 6:45am est and 7:20am est. They call me at least 5 times a day EVERYDAY. They are looking for someone who used to have this phone number before me. I have just got this number in Feb 2008 and DO NOT know the person who had it before me. I have been real polite to these people the first 25 calls they made to my home.

I try my best to explain to these people I am NOT who they are looking for. I also explain to them I have Astrosytomas (brain cancer) and need my rest to please STOP the calls to my home waking me up. They tell me till I pay a bill which by the way is not mine the calls will NOT stop. This morning I have had enough. I took the 1-800-444-9927 telephone number off my caller ID and continued to harass them in the same way they have me the past month.

I called them people every 10 minutes or less asking them for people who don't exist. I know it didn't do any good to do it but it sure made me feel better and I could tell after the first 3 hours of me doing it they to were getting as upset as I am about their calls to my home. I swear if they wake me up tomorrow morning I will continue to harass them as mush as they do me. It is putting a physical stress on me by them waking me up looking for someone who don't live here.

I am not looking for pity because I have cancer I am looking for PEACE in my own home. Why are companies allowed to continue to call a number when they are asked to no longer call. When I try to calmly explain to them I am not who they are looking for they get rude. Can someone please tell me how to end this craziness. I need my evening and morning sleep. Yes the calls will go until 9:00pm est and on Sundays with an electronic voice. (NOT even a real person). Someone please help me with advice on how to stop this mess!!!
Vf
  31st of Jul, 2008
Even if you owe on a debt DON'T make any payment agreements with a debt collector because you have no contract with them to pay this. Making a payment agreement with them over the phone would be considered a verbal agreement. Let them know that you are going to pay the company that you have a debt with and not them. Be firm in telling them this. Also make payments to the company they will accept them. You only have a contract with the company you owe and not a third party collection agency.

they called and when I said hello about 30 times no said anything back. I can hear people shuffling in the back ground then someone hangs up the phone. When I called the number back saying that I just received a call from this number. They asked me for my number and I gave it to them then the guy hangs up. Allied has so many numbers here are a few. Don't let these people harrass you. You have to answer the calls if you don't then I shows that you are avoiding them. When you speak with a rep after they tell you the phone call will be recording/monitored then ask that person if they're ok with you recording the conversation. Most likely they'll say no or hang up but answer their calls. Also check to see whether or not you're in a 1 party or 2 party law for recording state. Some states need you to get permission from the other party to record the conversation. Just to be on the safe side if you're not sure ask them anyway. After I asked a rep that they haven't been calling to speak with me. Just calling and playing a recording. The funny thing about that is you can hear when they click on the recording and then turn it off and hang up.

888-866-8079
716-691-1320
336-333-3100
704-943-1000
  9th of Oct, 2008
I am complaining about a company that is called Allied Interstate. They call my house 4 or 5 times everyday for a month now. The person that they say owes them the money does not even have the same last name as us. I tried telling them that and they agreed to take my number off of their system but that was a week ago. When I called them today they told me I owe the money and to just pay up. I can not believe that a company can be so pathetic and still be in business. I have no idea on how to make them stop. Any suggestions?
Cr
  30th of Jun, 2010
You could always turn the ringer off when you are sleeping.