Alienware / How about theft?

In January I was authorized by Alienware Customer Service to exchange an optical drive in my Alienware computer. An arrangement was made to have Alienware send me a new optical drive and a return authorized FedEx shipping label so that I could return the defective drive to Alienware. The agreement included a pending charge to my credit card which would be removed when the defective drive was received by Alienware. I received the new drive and shipping label and returned the defective drive near the end of January. The pending charge was removed from my credit card account.

At the end of February, a new charge for the amount of the optical drive was entered into my account. I spoke with Alienware with the RMA number and they told me they had not received my returned defective drive. After a couple more telephone conversations I was told that nothing could be done without a FedEx tracking number. I do not know why Alienware cannot find this package knowing the RMA number and/or my account number but I cannot physically prove that the defective drive was returned. A sufficient excuse of tracking numbers being automatically generated by FedEx so they do not have it was provided.

At any rate, this is certainly not an isolated incident. The system is less than a year and a half old and it has been in Florida more than it has been in my home. Now what it appears to me is that Alienware is accusing me of stealing a hundred bucks from them to put in my $5000 piece of crap they sold me.

As hard as I look, I cannot find anything good that anyone has said about Alienware.

Dell Logo Dell