Laptops Direct / BuyitDirect Logo

Laptops Direct / BuyitDirect

Having problems with Laptops Direct / BuyitDirect?

+44 871 244 0934 (United Kingdom)
Neptune Way, Trident Business Park, Leeds Road
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

What is going on?

Please can this be again placed into my complaint, let's keep the folder getting bigger. I am so...

replacement of defective laptop battery under extended warranty

Hi, this is the text of my original complaint, which explains the background:
Customer Name : David Hogarth Customer Email ID : david.[protected]@btinternet.com Customer Tel. No. : [protected] Customer Order No. : [protected] Nature of Enquiry : Faulty Goods Description : Your warranty is a complete fraud. My son, for whom I bought this laptop, has tried to make a legitimate claim for a failed battery. He has spent hours trying to get through on a virtually unmanned telephone number, and when he eventually did he has been fobbed off and promised calls back that never materialised. ... You should be ashamed of providing such a complete sham of a service.
Since then I have very friendly and seemingly helpful emails and text messages from someone in customer service called Tansley Keane. Issue number AD1719363. However - none of the promises to deliver the battery have ever been kept. I was absolutely promised (after many previous delays) that the battery would be delivered yesterday (16th December 2019) but it wasn't. I am beyond frustration, and simply don't know what to do. I bought the laptop and the extended warranty in good faith, and feel completely let down.

macbook "brand new" damaged and faulty

bought a "brand new" MacBook arrived after 2 weeks!, wouldn't switch on for more than 2 days and several keyboards don't work! when asked for the product to be replaced because it was obviously faulty and not new they just gave me apple number and told me to fix it myself! really? scammers that's what they are! if you want an apple legit product just go directly with apple!

failure to replace faulty laptop

The Association of South African Quantity Surveyors (ASAQS) purchased a laptop from Laptopdirect which was sold to us through ComXpert International cc. The transaction was completed (full payment was made upfront) and a Dell laptop dispatched In complete flagrant disregard for the Consumer Protection Act, Laptopdirect (ComXpert International cc) is refusing to exchange or refund this aforementioned laptop that arrived faulty. The laptop refused to turn on at all, or boot up, immediately upon delivery. After numerous polite requests issued by the ASAQS to refund or exchange the laptop in accordance with SEC 56 of The Consumer Protection Act Laptopdirect (ComXpert International cc) are still refusing to exchange the laptop and are insisting that we accept back the defective laptop that we initially purchased.

For the record, the laptop was immediately reported to them as defective and immediately couriered back to them. The cost of the laptop is just under R11 000.in the interests of transparency and to protect any other member of the public from being given the same treatment by Laptopdirect (ComXpert International cc) we have posted the entire transcript of our email exchange with Tony Daykin from Laptopdirect (ComXpert International cc).

The entire unaltered transcript has been published on the ASAQS website. We strongly suggest that all future and current clients of Laptopdirect (ComXpert International cc) should read this email exchange before purchasing a product from them.:-

The ASAQS a member organisation representing the entire profession of Quantity Surveyors stands for the highest ethical standards within the construction Industry and in commerce. This unethical, improper and illegal conduct by Laptopdirect (ComXpert International cc) can not be allowed to go unreported. Our Associations unequivocal intention is to bring clarity of the law to Laptopsdirect in the sincere hope that they review their poor and illegal internal policies and take immediate remedial action and refund us in full for this defective product.

Everything

Bought a laptop from Laptop Direct and then when the company statement came, LD had taken out two payments for the single computer bought. Sent at least a dozen email to their so-called customer services and got hardly any response other than that it had been dealt with. After 4 weeks found out that the unauthorised payment still had not bee paid back into the company account.

Then had no alternative but to go down to their head office in Huddersfield for them to give me the company money back. That was even after two weeks earlier I had threaten them with court action if they did not pay the company back. That therefore did not work. I am now waiting to see if the money comes back into the company account and where I have told LD that I know the editor and sub-editor of the local press and Bernard Ingham at the Yorkshire post and will not hesitate to contact them if it does not appear.

I have worked for big companies and small over 50 years as a director, CEO, chairman, senior executive (UK & Switzerland) and where some of my friends have run global businesses including some who started the Davos gatherings with their founder. I have to say that the customer service is the worst that I have ever come across. Indeed, they simply do not care about their customers based upon my personal experience.

I will never use them ever again and will be telling my numerous business connections in the UK and throughout the world not to touch them with a barge pole.

paid for new laptop received second hand

Just having a horrible experience dealing with laptopsdirec.co.uk. Paid for a new laptop but received something looking like refurbished. The case of the laptop has dents, scratches (or something looking like scratches) and something sticky, like a glue on the sides of the laptop. The original protective film has been already removed and put back with dust particles and air bubbles trapped under it. No CD-Roms, no chance to recover in case of Operating System failure. All wrapping plastic bugs, clearly has been used somewhere else. And generally you can see that the item was re wrapped.

As usual in these cases, customer service is rubbish and never come back and only warning that you'll need to pay for everything.

Luckily I have done some pictures and have all order details perhaps will need to go to the court.

People, avoid laptopsdirect.co.uk

Faulty goods

Avoid Laptops Direct
I have just purchased a lenovo laptop from this company and after 5days use the screen cracked as i opened it up to use, so i took it back to the shop, the customer service person assumed straight away that i have either "dropped it, kicked it or mistreated the product, " all of which are untrue! to which there responce was! what do you want us to do, its your problem, you sort it, it was ok when you bought, both from a customer service lady and a manager? This is totally unacceptable as this problem has happened to other customers and the company is still selling this type of laptop? Laptops Direct have a policy thats states on rare occasions when products are faulty they will replace or repair the goods with no hassle, not with the attitude of some staff.
So just be aware, in the short term Laptops Direct maybe cheaper but long term they dont care once they have your cash, my laptop is 1 week old and i am faced with a hefty repair bill, Thanks Laptops Direct.

another unhappy customer.

Customer Services

AVOID LAPTOPS DIRECT ! Attractive prices & fast delivery can usually be matched elsewhere & don’t make...

Be careful

It was in October when I visited this website and was impressed by the very good prices that they were offering for laptops. So I decided to contact them by email to make sure that the right laptop is ordered and to determine the price including postage to Malta (my home country).

They answered my emails even in the evening, which gave me the impression of good customer care services. I decided to order a laptop - Acer model, and agreed the price. I made the order and they sent me a pro-forma invoice by email.

I paid through a bank transfer, and the laptop took about 3 weeks more to arrive.

Once arrived, I opened the box, and found out that the laptop was a different model from what I had ordered (its Cost and specifications were much lower).
I contacted them immediately by phone, they told me to send an email and they weren't helpful at all.

Anyway, I sent the email, and the reply was that the laptop that I had ordered was now out of stock. They offered me to keep the laptop that they have sent me, and to pay me back the difference in price. Obviously, I didn't accept it because it did not suit my requirements.

I sent the laptop back .. and asked them to refund me the money.
Not to take long, they sent me another laptop (the same which I had sent them back) instead of giving me a refund.

The refund was made in December .. remember that the original order was made in October.. it took 2 months to resolve this issue. - At some point in time, they even cut the phone line when I called to query my refund.
They were so arrogant.

Be careful doing business with these guys. Even though they might offer good prices, you can still end up worse than buying a good with a slightly higher price.

• Tr
    trentt Aug 08, 2017

This is a terrible company. they lie to customers about delivery. the customer services is non existant and rude. i ordered a monitor that arived with half the items missing. They said they would arrange to collect the goods but did not show up on they day. They said ther was a screenshot of attempted delivery which was a lie becouse they couldnt tell me the exact time of the atempt to collect. as i said, there is no customer services. and forget it if you are expecting a callback. Spoke to a lady who obviously didnt want to be there and it showed in her voice. avoid, pay the additional funds to get your ite and avoid the stress of using this company.

Poor after sales service

I have a problem, in January 2007 I purchased a new HP laptop/notebook costing almost $400.00 from through Laptops Direct. I am not new to computers however although I read the instructions something went wrong when the machine installed the software, I couldn't use it. For the first two months I tried to get support from laptops Direct to no avail.

They then passed me over to HP Support and for the past six months I have been trying through them to get the machine to work, again to no avail. In desperation some three weeks ago I wrote to the sales Director of each firm explaining my plight and asking for help. To date I still cannot get the machine to work and although Customer Services have told their support people to get in touch with me there has been no response.

H. Hindle. 25 Meadow Rise, broadstone. Dorset BH18 9ED
Tel. [protected]

Sandesh Sawant Jan 18, 2020

I missed my laptop on incheon airport terminal 1

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices