Airtel Prepaid Mobile / illegal charging

India Review updated:

Airtel continues to harass me ([protected]). Despite my complaints earlier several times, again a service NIGHTLIFEP_1.5 service has been activated without my consent or request and charges deducted from my balance. Strangely enough the enquiry at *121# says that no services are presently activated. BUT the amounts are being deducted.
On my previous complaint, the concerned Nodal Officer had assured me that it would not happen again but the assurance proves to be lie time & again.
I am sure it is happening to thousands of other customers too and the Airtel is making illegal money in millions in this way. I am afraid of recharging my Airtel connection and may shift to other telecom company instead.
I hope the Airtel will stop harassing me and help me in continuing with Airtel.
I request that the amounts deducted be reversed, the defaulting officials be made answerable for the lapse, and my phone should be completely kept out of any such unsolicited value added services. For continuous harassment & Airtel's repeated fraudulent action, Airtel is also liable to pay me suitable amount of compensation .
I have been repeatedly requesting Airtel not to activate VAS without my asking for it, but Airtel gives a damn to my request.
[protected]

Comments

• Sh
      26th of Mar, 2010
    Airtel Prepaid Mobile - unauthorised charges
    bharti airtel
    India

sir, i am using airtel prepaid mobile from last one year. the compony send a SMS to me on 24 march 201o quoting that thanks for using(PMODELSP30, WALLPAPER) subscription service from airtel.you have been charged Rs 30.which i have not subscribed there fore i may please be saved from this cheating of airtel.

• Mi
      16th of Sep, 2010
    Airtel Prepaid Mobile - deduction of rs 5 everyday
    India

every day a message comes thatyou have been renewed for brian lara08 subscription service from airtel and rs 5 is charged for it.
    contacted to customer care several times butrs 5 is still being deducted from account. my no is 8800260825.

please unsubscribe the service!

• Mk
      7th of Jun, 2011
    Airtel Prepaid Mobile - HARRASEMENT DUE TO UNWANTED CALLS FROM AIRTEL
    BHARTI AIRTEL

rs 20 has been deducted from my account after receiving
    a call from airtell. my mobile number is 08146952956.

15th of Aug, 2011
    Airtel Prepaid Mobile - illegal overcharging
    Airtel
    India

grievance 9896121131- repeated activation of unsolicited paid value added services without request or consent, repeated deduction of sums from balance, several emails sent, uncaring Nodal Officer does not even reply, grievances unresolved, unfair practices continue, monetary loss to customer, last chance to Airtel, likely to discontinue service

25th of Aug, 2011

Airtel continues to harass me. On 22 August 2011 again another service Airtel Radio was activated on my No. 9896121131 and Rs. 10 deducted. If I do not check my balance every hour, I will not even know how much I have been illegally charged by the smart Airtel people.
    I request that the deducted sum should be credited back along with a suitable amount for compensation for unnecessary harassment due to Airtel's repeated fraudulent action.
    S R Garg 9896121131

31st of Aug, 2011

It is a matter of great concern that, Airtel continues to harass me (9896121131). Without my consent or request, the following value added services were activated and charges deducted from my balance. I lodged grievance and request for refund at 121 as well as with Nodal Officer, and Nodal Officer-har via email. They do not bother and keep me waiting. The details are as below:
    20 aug 2011- VAS Rs 2.00 charged
    22August 2011 - Airtel Radio activated, Rs. 10 charged
    30 aug 2011- Cricket pack activated VAS Rs. 2 charged
    31 aug 2011- Voice cricket activated, Rs. 5 charged
    I hope the Airtel will stop harassing me and help me in continuing with Airtel.
    I request that the amounts deducted be reversed, the defaulting officials be made answerable for the lapse, and my phone should be completely kept out of any such unsolicited value added services, and pay me suitable amount of compensation for unnecessary harassment due to Airtel's repeated fraudulent action.

9th of Sep, 2011

hell yeah in sri lanka it costs 2/=for a sms which z 10cts in all other networks...no 3G even we requested..limited mms facility cannot mms emails...low call quality...brake up the lines...you cannot say line are busy coz dialog is still good even millions use it...we dont hve a customer complaint unit...so at least please notify airtel lanka aboit this mess...thanks

22nd of Jan, 2012

It is a matter of great concern that, Airtel continues to harass me (9896121131). Without my consent or request, a value added service was activated and charges deducted from my balance.
    16 Jan 2012- VAS Rs 10.00 charged for Bachchan Ki Blog Seva
    Due to fear of such repeated harassment, I am afraid of recharging my Airtel connection and may shift to other telecom company instead.

14th of Feb, 2012

Airtel continues to harass me (9896121131). Just within a couple of days after my previous complaint, again some value added services were activated without my consent or request and charges deducted from my balance.
    On my previous complaint, the concerned Nodal Officer had assured me that it would not happen again but the assurance proved to be lie.

• Wi
      20th of Feb, 2012

well well,
    This is a big racket of Airtel. They simply deduct money after sending message saying that some or the other game is downloaded, although no thing is downloaded. If you call customer care, they try to blame us as this usually happens when we are browsing the internet.
    They tell us that we have clicked on something to subscribe the game. If you call their bluff and complaint loudly, they usually put back the money.
    This is a serious problem. Thousands of people are being duped. Only a few are raising their voice. We need a address to complaint to someone.
    We need to take some action... Either a PIL or a complaint to TRAI.

9th of May, 2012

It is a matter of great regret that just after attending to my grievance, the Airtel again deducted amounts from my balance towards a unsolicited stupid service of Airtel NIGHTLIFE P during 11.4.2012 to 13.4.2012.
    My sufferings thus continues which causes not only monetary loss but also mental harassment. I am sure Airtel will be good enough to compensate for the losses and harassment.
    S. R. Garg