Air Tahiti Nui / Change of return date for no reason

1 United States

I traveled to France last November. I had bought my tickets in April 2006, well in advance. A month before my departure, I was notified by the travel agent that my return date had been changed to 9 November instead of November 8, this with no reason attached! The airline warns you that if you decide to change any dates of your trip an additional $200 per ticket will be levied. So, following this principle, it is only normal that they should compensate a person when THEY MAKE THE CHANGE! I've contacted the company but no one has thus far responded. This change of return date Air Tahiti imposed on me caused me to be stranded in Paris a day earlier with an added trip expense of more than $300. I was coming from Marseille November 8 with tickets from Air France which could not be changed either. This happened on 8 November 2006, the very day transit workers in Paris were on strike and a conference was taking place near the airport. My request has been simple: issue me a voucher for my next trip abroad for at least the cost of my extra day in Paris airport.

Thanks for considering my complaint,
A. Mathey