Air Duct Cleaning, DuctMaster Inc / Not good work & Non Responsive after Work was done

1 VA, United States Review updated:

Got a coupon in the mail regarding Air Duct cleaning for $ 64.99. it is the basic cleaning with no returns cleaning. The coupon shows a big truck with the real vacuum mounted on truck. I do not think these guys have any of these trucks. They showed up @ my home with a small vacuum and compressed air hose. Not happy with the cleaning. The tech just blew air thru the vents and his "LITTLE" vacuum was at my furnace “Trapping” the dirt! Half the time when he was blowing the air thru the vents the vacuum was not working because it blew the fuse. So I am not sure what happened to the dirt he cleaned from the ducts. The Technician demanded cash even though his coupon says it will accept credit cards. I had to ride with him to the bank and get him cash. The worst part is that I returned home and found that the A/C was not working. I did not pay attention because I saw them switching off the system for cleaning, and I thought they switched it back on. I did not get a chance to check the A/C after they were done because the Tech was in a hurry & he wanted his cash. I called the Office number on the coupons and service contract. It went to the voice mail. I kept trying and someone picked up. I told him that the A/C is not working and asked him to help me. But he said the office is closed & will open only at 8:00 AM. I told him I have a 3 yr old kid & it is very hot but he simply hung up. I tried again he threatened me saying that I was harassing. To make the story short they did not help me but I had to call an emergency A/C repair person who charged me $ 350.00 to get it fixed. It seems that while the tech was cleaning the duct he pulled out some cables from the circuit board. I would have just spend $ 180.00 If I called in a proper air duct cleaning outfit.
These guys are not genuine & do not know a word about customer service, I would advice everyone to stay away from these air duct cleaners
DuctMaster Inc; DuctMaster Duct Cleaning LLC [protected] or [protected]

Comments

• Al
      15th of May, 2009

I have used DUCT MASTERS INC. and I'm absolutely satisfied, the workman was professional, he explained everything before he started the service, ask me some questions and then based on my particuliar needs offered the service I realy need. Customer service was perfect, I reffered several of my friends and neighbours and for every reffered person I've got a check of 50$ from DUCT MASTERS INC saying "THANK YOU FOR YOUR REFFERAL", that was very nice. By the way my friends are very satisfied with the service. We all noticed these changes in the house, like amount of dust on the surfaces all around the house reduced, the air became fresher and to tell you the truth I think my energy bills became lower, 'cos I asked my tech. to clean the coil and blower as well. I'll recommend these guys to everybody without doubt, thank you "DUCT MASTERS"

• Ra
      15th of May, 2009

I'm absolutely disagree with the complaint that I found here against "Duct Masters" Inc., the service quality and customer service attitude were exceptional, I really liked the job that was done at my house. I can breathe easier now. Technician Nick arrived on time, he was polite and professional, there was no mess in the house after the cleaning was completed, the quality of the job was excellent, we noticed the difference the same evening and I would be happy to have them come to my house again in couple of years.
    Thank You "Duct Masters", You are the best in Virginia!!!

• Mg
      27th of May, 2009

I completely agree...DuctMasters Inc. is awful. Terrible cleaning job, terrible customer service. The "technician" stood on my home's a/c unit to reach the dryer vent instead of using a ladder. Broke the a/c unit, and I'm still waiting for someone from DM to show up and "check" the repair and my invoice from the a/c repair company, which states it was broken b/c he stood on it. I called the company this morning and was told the "don't care" that they damaged the a/c unit and the tech. will show up when he shows up. Will NEVER use them again, and will tell everyone who will listen how horrible they are.

• Mg
      27th of May, 2009

Technician showed up, but manager refused to reimburse us for the damage the company did. Even my kids know not to stand on the a/c unit.
    Currently filing complaints with VA Dept. of Consumer Affairs and BBB, although I cannot find a physical address for this shady company. That should be a red flag right there.

• Ro
      29th of May, 2009

This is a typical bait and switch company. Offer a coupon in VALPAK for $64.99 and by the time they do the add ons it is $300 for small townhouse. Do not use this service based on price.

• Ab
      24th of Jun, 2009

The same thing happened to me. They sent a kid to my house who had no idea what he was doing. He cut a hole in the air conditioning coil when accessing the duct in the furnace. Realizing what he did the guy took off without finishing. We never got billed for the work (which he said was going to be $300 not $75 as advertised) but the damage he did to out air conditioner cost us over $600!

• Ba
      10th of Jul, 2009

This was the wost company!!! They left a mess everywhere they messed up all of my new painted walls. My whole family is allergic to dust and they left alot of dust by each of the vents!!! then they cleaned my dryer vent and left all of dust sitting in my back yard. They also did not cover up any of my furniture like other companies do!!! I have told everybody never to use them!!!

• Wo
      16th of Jul, 2009

BEWARE, WORST COMPANY WITH BAD SERVICE!! I found a coupon in the VALPAK for this company. They came to my home, charged me $200, which I remind you the coupon was for $69.99 and did a HORRIBLE job. They did not clean my vents out, there is still so much dust and debris in them that the air can not push through. I contacted them after 5 attempts of contacting them, them making appointments and no showing, I am now contacting the BBB and consumer affairs. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. YOU WIL REGRET IT!! Very unprofessional staff and a waste of your money. Also, conveniently enough...they do not provider you with any valid address. I am trying to file a complaint through the BBB and there is no address on the "receipt/ticket", and when you call their office, they REFUSE to give me a correct address. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING!!!

14th of Aug, 2009

They refuse to give you the adress of the business and they will not give you the owners name. Through further investigation I found that they book the ads through neww york and baltimore. They are a string of Middle Easterners in our city for a fraudulent cash Grab.

14th of Aug, 2009

They also have an operation raping others in the Salt Lake City Area. THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!! SHAM COMPANY!!! BUNCH OF MIDDLE EASTERNERS GOING FOR THE QUICK CASH GRAB!!! DO NOT USE EVER EVER EVER!!!

14th of Aug, 2009

Through some investigation I have found that the positive reviews of them were actually posted by members of the company themselves!!! WHAT A FRAUD!!! The reason they won't give the adress is because they know that a customer they defraud will eventually come down and kick their sorry ###!!!

• Dc
      15th of Aug, 2009

Sincere advice is to stay away from this company. In our case, we found that the dryer vent was not properly fixed and called them to fix it. The guy whoever picked up threatened me by saying that I am threatening him - all I asked for is customer service. Moreover, he hung up on me midway through the call. These guys dont know what is customer service and my humble advice again to everyone would be stay away from this shady company.

2nd of Sep, 2009

I work with the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA), a not-for-profit trade association of approximately 1, 000 companies that provide air duct cleaning services. This company is NOT a member of our Association, despite any claims you may hear to the contrary.

If you want to spend 15 minutes learning about proper HVAC cleaning, visit our Web site at nadca.com. In general, a two-person crew takes about 3 or four hours (minimum) to clean an HVAC system. A company cannot do this job for low rates you see in coupons and stay in business. The company must pay for their equipment, truck (and fuel), insurance, not to mention the salaries and benefits for the technicians and the related business taxes. If you want a good job, plan to spend anywhere from $400 to $1, 000 for an average-sized house with one heating and air conditioning (HVAC) system. Confirm whether the company is cleaning the whole HVAC system...the air-side surfaces...including the furnace/unit, and the ductwork. This way you can compare competing bids.

Companies that send out these low-end coupons are looking to get you to call, or schedule a job, so they can raise the price. They are not looking to actually do the job that is advertised. If you do not pay the higher price, do not expect to get a good cleaning job and when it comes to these low-ball companies, you might pay their higher price and still not get a good job because they are accustomed to doing poor work. I recommend sticking with legitimate businesses that are clear about the costs up front...they price their work fairly and follow through on their offer.

• Fr
      13th of Sep, 2009

This duct-master company is A ROGUUE company.. BEWARE. 2 young eastern-european teenage boys showed up, and despite the valpak coupon of $44 they charged me $350 and demanded cash. They had home like vaccum cleaners and finished the work in 30mins, and hardly did anything.. They even followed me to the bank for the cash.

Stay away from DUCT-MASTER (NJ and Virginia), Garden-state duct cleaning and VALPAK.

I am surprised no law enforcement is taking action on such day-light robbery.

I realize i was stupid to allow them in, but TRUST is something taken advantage of..

This is my last CON JOB.

• Tu
      2nd of Dec, 2009

I had an appointment today with this "company" to clean my fireplace with a Valpak coupon, so I thought I should look on the internet for reviews before these folks come to my house. First of all, their company name is not on the coupon so for ME that raises a huge red flag. So I called the lady and got the name (had a hard time understanding it at first and I got the feeling she was somewhat reluctant and irritated that I had asked her for it). After reading these VERY helpful reviews I called her back and told her that I wanted to cancel my appointment. She asked me "why" and I told her that I've done some research on the internet and found some bad reviews and before I could finish, she said rudely "OK, bye". You would think that she would defend her company having the utmost confidence in the work they do, and then go even further to assure me of good work etc. But instead she was abrupt and hurried to get off the phone. I feel like I just avoided a disaster and I THANK all of the time people took her to write reviews to help others. The fact they don't have a physical address should be another huge red flag to anyone else seeking these services. Very shady indeed.

• De
      19th of Dec, 2009

I also called DuctMaster Inc. because I received a coupon in ValPak. The young Russian who came was very unprofessional, sharing stories about expensive nights out drinking in Moscow with friends. Who cares! The cost was not what I expected based on the coupon. I should have sent him packing at that point.

I had the dryer vent and heating/ac vents 'cleaned'. The lint from the dryer was left outside on the ground. The part of the dryer vent that I could see was not as clean as I would have expected.

The worst part is now I have a vibration in a vent behind my wall. Something must have become loose when the pressure of the air was being forced through the vent.

I contacted the company. I was laughed at and told that the problem was not from them. 'Peter' told me to contact a HVAC company. I asked for the number and he told me he didn't know. To clarify, I asked if he was going to work with me to resolve the vibration and he told me NO.

I told him I would contact BBB and Angie's list. He asked me if I was threatening him. This was a ridiculous conversation. Then he hung up on me.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

• Mo
      18th of Jan, 2010

Called Air Duct Cleaning (1800-557-7157) to have my air ducts, blower motor, and coils cleaned. Was quoted $49.99 with my coupon for the air ducts and $60 for the blower motor and coil. (Normally it is $120, but with the air duct cleaning it was 50% off). Once the Russian came out, he added up all of my vents and said the coupon only covered one main duct and one register. Apparently, I have three main ducts and two registers. It was an additional $55 for each main duct and $25 for the additional register, he agreed to do it for $160. When I asked about the blower and coil cleaning, he said he would look at it. He never did. Additionally, he used all three of my spare filters. If you have spare filters HIDE THEM! And they WILL dirty the one currently in there.

By the time he left the main office was closed. When I called the next day and spoke with the manager he said he could have his guy come back out and do it for $120. I told him about the filters, he offered me $90 for the job. I told him that was ridiculous and it shouldn't be any more than the originally quoted $60. He hung up on me. When I called back and asked if he normally hangs up on his customers, he said only if they yell at me or say something I don't like. After not getting anywhere with the guy, I told him I was going to file a complaint, and he hung up on me again.

Customer service is not great, I don't think this company has ANY repeat business.

Don't fall for the valpak coupon "Best Quality, unbeatable prices. Period!" "no hidden charges!" "100% unconditional satisfaction guaranteed" Everyone of them LIES!

Air Duct Cleaning, DuctMaster Air Duct, Chimney & Dryer Vent Cleaning 1-800-557-7157

• El
      26th of Jan, 2010

Guys I had Duct Master duct cleaning services in my house!!! I paid $550 for the whole house they had same truck like pictured on the coupon!!! And i'm very satisfied with the job!!!

• El
      26th of Jan, 2010

ALL OF YOU GUYS WHO THIK THAT FOR $44 THE COMPANY WILL COME AND CLEAN YOUR DUCTS... WELL YOU ARE NOT AN EDUCATED PERSON BECOUS IN NOW DAYS JUST THINK HOW MUCH A GAS COST AND HOW MUCH THE COMPANY PAYS TO THE TECNICIANS AND THE TRUCK?!!! NOW DO THE SIMPLE MATH HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST !!!

• Ta
      24th of Feb, 2010

I guess I should have read all these comments before using their service. AWFUL!!! Not only have they not fully cleaned the vents, they are refusing to come back and do a better job. they also claim not be in our area anymore, which may be true, but that means they know they would take us for our money, which of course they charged us more then the coupon. I cannot get managers name, man I keep speaking with hangs up on me, told me I'm stupid. They are non US citizens here to make money and not stand by the work or word. Do not go with this company, you will be sorry!!! They do not follow through, and did not get dust out of my home! I am back to finding a good cleaning service, this time I will go with referrals only and check online.