The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In


1 TX, United States Review updated:

The best way to fight these maniacs might be to hire a real estate attorney. Which is exactly what I am doing now! I was pre-approved for my modification and they sold my note the same day that I was pre-approved. It has been 3 months and AHMSI says that they have been waiting on my property tax information for 3 months and they can't do the modification without the information. When I told them that I could fax it - they declined and said that it has to come directly from the taxing authorities. So when I asked for the fax # to have the tax authorities fax it to - They said they couldn't geive me the information. Now I have found that all I need to do is to send a QWR "qualified written request". RESPA real estate laws demand that once I request this information they have to provide hundreds of hours of documents including every cancelled check that I ever sent them. This should make them deal with my modification and they are responsible for my attorney fees. Google Section 6 of RESPA under real estate settlement procedures act, 12 u.s.c. section 2605(e). They have 60 days to get all of this information to me and if one little thing is wrong then they can owe up to 3 times the amount of interest that I have paid for the last three years. Hope that this helps someone else, too!

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Sb
      26th of May, 2009
    +1 Votes

    We have a 1st and 2nd mortgage with AHMSI and we went to modification but used the help of another agency that promised us closing 60-90 days. I don't even want to get into what the "other agency" did as far as I'm concern was just as bad as AHMSI. OK..the 1st was approved after MONTHS of put offs and excuses, the 2nd was declined because they said that account was up to date!! was the 1st. But in their eyes the 1st was not up to date, due to their losing several payments!!! The 2nd was ALWAYS included with the 1st so you tell me what that was all about. Well, to make a long, long story short we now have an opportunity to re-finance with another company. Just so we can get it out of these "horrible" peoples hands. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and YES, retain a good lawyer. Best of luck with your case.

  • Ho
      6th of Feb, 2010
    0 Votes

    Thank you. I will try that too. I am not going to get my hopes up though. I don't think they care at all about the law. :(


Post your comment