Afnicollections / fraudulant charges/collections

404 brock driveBloomington, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18666470885

I recently received a letter from a collection agency called afnicollections stating that I owe an outrageous amount of $893.65. Now I know for damn sure I don't owe any money to any phone company in any amount. I tried calling this company to find out about these allegations, but could not get through. After trying to call this number all day, I decided to go to this website to see how else I could get through. after seeing all these complaints of fraud charges/collections I am convinced that this letter is bogus. shut these guys down!!!
Ma

po box 3427 bloomington,IL 61702
Illinois
Phone: 866-684-3221
afnicollections.com

I CALLED THEM ASKING WHY I OWE $145.42, THEY SAID ITS A PHONE BILL WHEN I USE TO LIVE IN COLORADO, BUT I NEVER LIVED IN COLORADO. THEY SAID I NEED TO PAY THIS BILL.
Ba
  6th of Nov, 2008
It's a running scam as you see by the other comments. Ignore them or take them to small claims court and collect triple damages for harrassment.
Mi
  19th of Nov, 2008
I also received a bill for a BOGUS amount of money for a past due bill from a "phone company" that I have NEVER used. 8 years old. Unfortunatly, I gave up important information that I shouldn't have never given up. 'THEY' have too much correct info. to think it's not real. These people are wrong, and should be investigated before any additional info. is given up. I closed out all of my exsisting accounts with currant companies and was forced to change everything. Ironically, I have family in law enforcement in Illinois. We may never know the out come, but it's a start.
Ge
  24th of Nov, 2008
attempt to collect money on nonexisting verizon account
La
  25th of Nov, 2008
www.budhibbs.com

learn about AFNI and how to fight them
Ma
  1st of Dec, 2008
I am so glad I looked this number up, b/c I got a bill in the mail for my husband saying he owes money, for QWEST...for some phone number, but I'm pretty sure that the phone he had there was not in his name, even though they had the phone, I am almost positive it wasn't in his name, because his mom put everything in her name. Sooo...this was when he was in college. Had I not looked this up, I would have called, and probably believed them, because my husband is in Iraq.
Em
  30th of Jan, 2012

afnicollections - fraud
Afnicollections
Illinois

We just received a bill in the mail stating we owe money for a telephone bill from a carrier we never had, nor ever had that telephone number . We had recently moved, so wondering if that somehow triggered scam in the mail . Hopefully, others do not send people money and realize it's a scam collection. I notice other complaints have been a few years, so they must have started back up.

Afni Logo Afni
Overall Satisfaction Rating

159 Reviews
1310 Martin Luther King Dr.
Bloomington