[Resolved] Aflac / our family will be homeless because of aflac lies

1 Winston, GA, United States Review updated:

First let me say Aflac paid a claim for my back already ...
At the end of my back claim I went into the ER and was diagnosed with MULTIPLE pulmonary embolisms and one masive saddle embolism in my lungs. I was in the hospital for 10 days. I almost died. Getting out of the hospital I called Aflac and after considering my new set of problems they said yes I could file a separate claim for my lungs ... I just need enough time to go to physical therapy to get my lungs in shape to go back to work. They told me what I needed to get paperwork wise and I did. Then they sat and waited for 3 weeks not giving me an answer until 6-12-15 at which point I had been waiting for a month and a half with no money. I am our only income. If they would have told me last month NO I would have drug myself to work anyway ... now they tell me my lung problem is a continuation of my back problem and that they would have never paid because I should have gone back to work for 2 weeks in between claims. Now I cannot pay for anything. I am almost 2 months behind on rent ... can't make my car or phone payment ... and really this could end with my family in the street. Just because they told me a lie and kept me waiting for over a month ... maybe I should camp out on Aflac doorstep ... our whole family ... I really am just so hurt and don't know what to do.

• Resolution statement

• Aflac Customer Care's Response, Jun 17, 2015

Hi Brenda,
    I'm so sorry that you are having an unpleasant Aflac experience. I would like to have our customer service team review your situation and contact you about this. Would you please email us at aflacservice@aflac.com so we can look into your concerns? When you email us, please reference this website.
    Also, in an effort to protect our policyholders’ identities and policy/claim information, Aflac has established corporate privacy procedures. Therefore, if you are a policyholder, when you email us, in the body of the email, please provide the nature of your concern, your name AND AT LEAST TWO of the following criteria: Policy number, Claim number, Claim Check number, Date of Birth, or Name of your Employer.

Br