Aetna Health Insurance / Flex fund

KY, United States

I registered for a flex fund through my employer at the time of the birth of my third child. I was assured by both Aetna and my employer that the matter was common place, and that whatever eligible expenses occurred as a result of the birth could be recompensed from my flex fund. Now I am being told by Aetna that I was not covered by my flex fund due to a delay in payroll deduction. I am being told by my former employer that this is 1) untrue and 2) a common, though inexplicable response for Aetna. Starbucks (former employer) has been nothing but supportive (yay Starbucks) but as usual Aetna is stonewalling, misdirecting and delaying resolving the issue. Their administration of flex fund claims is reprehensible. Were they in a position to actually profit from this practice, they would have been sued already. Sadly though, they are not: the funds in question are forfeited if nothing is done with them by the end of the year. They are playing games with other people's money simply because they are arrogant, mean spirited and lazy. How sad...

Aetna Logo Aetna