Adorama / horrible customer service

Olathe, KS, United States Review updated:

Placed an order with adorama for a photography studio kit from manfrotto. The pieces in the kit were "sold as kit only" yet when we got our shipment we only had 1/2 of the kit. The other half was on back order. Needing these items very quickly I called up their customer service and they said they did not have an e. T. A. From the manufacturer. They said they would call manfrotto and find out when it should arrive and call me back that do. No call. Went through entire process the next day, same process. No call. After a couple more times of this I called manfrotto myself and they said all they need is a p. O. Number. Called back adorama. First try, they did not have access to p. O. Number and had no way to get it. Second time (Same person) "oh yeah, we have that in our system". Got p. O. Found out shipping date. Got tracking number and info (From manfrotto) and called adorama when products arrived there to see when we could get them. Adorama had no idea what the e. T. A. Was since it was on back order. I provided them with manfrotto's phone number (Found through google), the contact person and their extension, the p. O. Number, the tracking number and the courier's name. They said they would check with manfrotto and call me back. No call. Now almost a month later I am ready to cancel our order, ship the 1/2 back that they sent us and buy from someone else. Our studio has been held up long enough.

Comments

•   Mar 15, 2012

I was really concerned to read your feedback, and first please accept my sincere apologies for what has clearly been a deeply disappointing and frustrating experience. From your description of the communication with our offices I’m not surprised that you are upset – in your position I’m sure I would be feeling the same way.

Please allow me to assure you that this is not the level of service we expect from our representatives, and I would welcome the opportunity to investigate your complaint - but would need additional information such as your order number.

Would it be possible for you to email me directly: [protected]@adorama.com?

Once again my apologies, and I do look forward to hearing back from you, and to making this right as quickly as possible.

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

• Mo
      Jul 02, 2012
    Adorama - I will never do business with them again
    Adorama

I purchased a camera sling case… I needed to find out if an extension strap that they sold would fit the case I got. I called them and was passed n t some rep that proceeded to tell me that I should go on a diet! Great customer service! Obviously I tried to follow up and conveniently they can not find the tape of the call! Shop at our local camera shop. They will take better care of you. Internet giants like adorama do not care about their clients! They are great at insulting them! I will never do business with them again!

•   Jul 02, 2012

I'm extremely disappointed; this customer contacted me directly about this matter, we exchanged several emails and I apologized at length, several times.

We took immediate and decisive action according to our internal procedures, and informed the customer of this. He assured me that he would discontinue posting his allegations across the Internet and yet he continues to do so.

At this point it might not be inappropriate to wonder whether the customer is using this allegation to try and secure some kind of personal benefit.

Helen Oster