[Resolved] Add People / Scammers

United Kingdom Review updated:
4.05
Phone: 0845 0 30 44 40

Addpeople are scammers. Do not do business with this shady outfit hiding behind a corporate smile. Same scam, links, google ad's they will sell you anything to line their pockets and leave you with nothing. Corrupt from top to bottom do not trust, this is a scam, they are a scam, the directors are crooks

Resolution statement

Addpeople's customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the user have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

Comments

Ro
  23rd of Jul, 2011
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Addpeople need shutting down. They are the same as all the other Manchester marketing fraudsters. Addpeople fired me for not hitting target for one day, I know they instruct their staff to rip people off, seriously add people need closing. Scammers, fraudsters, thirds
Jo
  12th of Dec, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i used AddPeople for 6 months and they were absolutely useless. They seem cheap for what they say they can do, but at the end of 6 months, my company was on about page 50 of Google. Their link building was suspect (possibly spamming), and our website was suspended by Google. We never got to the bottom of what the problem was, but we ended up having to redesign the website to clear all the problems - within a month we were back on page one of Google in about 6 categories. I've cancelled the final payment as they haven't come up with any real answers to where it all went wrong. Don't use.
Es
  1st of May, 2013
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Agree with both these comments. Waste of money. They say anything to keep you with them. The directories list and their promised articles are worthless and they will not provide any evidence of success rates. A real scam. Do not use them.
Je
  16th of Jan, 2014
I feel you are untrustworthy because:

1. It took 3 months to get my blog implemented onto the site and even then, it looks ***** I am sure the other users from this site will agree!

2. You guys sent me a list of a backlinks and as I said to Matthew on Tuesday 14 Jan 2014, I tested the first 5 and not 1 of the links in question showed or had anything referring to my business!

3. Matthew told me he would get back to me ASAP with 2 questions I asked him to respond to and well, 48 hours later still not response from Matthew!

4. http://www.addpeople.co.uk told me that I should start seeing results within 3 months, well, ALL of the campaigns you guys claim are doing SEO work for have dropped!

5. You guys told me that you guys had fixed ALL of my 404 errors and had cleared the googlewebmaster tool, well as I explained to Matthew they are all starting to creep back which leads me to believe that all you guys did was to reset the tool to say that all had been fixed and did nothing!

We fellow South Africans are tired of being screwed over by companies like yourselves, there is enough criminal activity in our country as it is without outside influences of the likes of http://www.addpeople.co.uk! jumping onto the bandwagon. For those of you that think I am jumping up and down for nothing, check out this link-

Ad
  12th of Jun, 2014
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I agree that addpeople.co.uk are a waste of time. As a novice I think I have a better idea of SEO than they do. Why I kept listening to them when there was no improvement in results. In fact my ranking dropped on anything they touched. Don't waste your money with these snake oil salesmen. Here is some SEO for you addpeople: 'addpeople scam' 'addpeople SEO' 'addpeople useless'
  13th of Jun, 2014
Hi, I represent the business and wish to respond to these serious accusations.

Firstly, we categorically do not operate a scam and our directors are certainly not crooks. We service thousands of customers and do our level best to provide a great service to all of them.

The OP is, by his own admission, not a customer but a former employee who was fired.

It is true we have provided low cost SEO for small businesses and our products have generally been very effective.
SEO is complex, and results can be affected by a number of things which are out of our control. We plan but can't account for changes Google make in the way they determine results, whether the customer is penalised for SEO work done by other agencies, or if the website will ultimately convert.

There are two specific complaints raised on this thread which I wish to address.

Jon Hutchins: Reading the customer notes it appears your website was affected by Google’s “Panda” update back in 2011 due to SEO activity before you became our customer. The notes also indicate results were recovering towards the end of the 6 months of service we provided.

Jeinnor: As above, your website was penalised for work done before you became our customer. That said, we did not provide you with a good service and mistakes were made which delayed the delivery of the work you paid for. Subsequent to your post we refunded you for the delay and provided a detailed review of your website with a plan to help recover your ranks and improve onsite conversion. These reports were seemingly well received although you ultimately discontinued your service.

In the last 2-3 years, Google has radically changed the way they determine search results and our services have changed too. Given the shift towards paid and local search we principally offer Google AdWords, Google maps set up and management for customers and have become an Official Google Partner for our PPC services, passing their stringent requirements for quality and transparency.

To the latest poster; I cannot tell who you are but if you would like to drop me a line at marketing@addpeople.co.uk I’d be happy to assist you in any way I can.
Sc
  10th of Jul, 2014
Add People are a disgusting company! Do not even consider using them. They cold called my company and we hired them to run our Google adword campaigns. What a mistake that was! After spending hundreds of pounds with them we got absolutely nothing in return. They advertise a refund policy on their website, but from what I have read on Google and all the review sites, you have no chance of getting it back. We have tried, with no luck to date.

However the amount of complaints floating around Google about this company hopefully means they won't be operating much longer. I have made a complaint regarding their services to Google and we are also complaining to Trading Standards. I urge all unhappy customers to do the same as us. The attitude from their customer service agents when you point out their bad practices is shocking. Complete arrogance.

Do not ever consider using this company!! Stay away!
Sc
  16th of Jul, 2014
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
As this site does not seem to let you delete your own comments. I must comment on my previous accusations regarding Add People. The dispute we had has been rectified, therefore I would like to retract my comments above about their service.

The situation has been dealt with and handled by Neil from Add People, and I am satisfied with the outcome.
Mr
  6th of Aug, 2014
I was with add people for 4 months and that was 4 months too much, they said that they we get the right people coming to my website what a joke, not had any work, phone calls or emails on my business since they arrived on the scene, I have since cancelled them and stop any money coming out of my bank, people be aware it may work for some people but you've only got to look at these comments, they want the final 8 months of the remaining contract but they can f+++ it that's all there bothered about
  11th of Aug, 2014
Dear Mr Woolley,

I represent the business and have spoken with colleagues who have personally dealt with your account.

Your complaint stems from a perceived lack of conversions from the PPC campaign we built, but I would refer to the following facts not mentioned in your post.

1. You changed your website at roughly the same time as you began our PPC service with us which could explain a dip in performance.
2. Your daily Adwords spend also reduced from £35 per day to £10 per day when you came on board with us, making a like for like comparison impossible.
3. Your service coincided with the height of the UK summer, where searches dropped across many sectors.
4. We focused our campaign on keywords that had previously worked for you and our Account Manager achieved a reduction in your cost per click and increased click through rates.
5. As you have no click to call tracking there is no concrete evidence of the number of enquiries received before, during or (as far as we know) after your service. In the absence of this tracking, our remit is to drive traffic to your website, which we did.

We appreciate there have been some issues with your service but we have made considerable efforts to provide a very good standard of work for you and we would like to work constructively with you to get your online marketing on track.

Please get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Kind regards,
Neil
Dt
  19th of Nov, 2014
I was cold called by Add People and was giving the spiel of what they could do for my website.

I decided to try them our since they are a Google partner. Well as far as im concerned they set up a new ad word account and ad Campaigns, which they copied from my old ad words account. at the beginning and paid very little attention to it for the next 6 months.

Only after 4/5 months did I discover that my google analytic was even set up so there was no way of knowing who visited my site why they visited or if the bought anything. Like I said this crowd are Complete Chancers " STEER CLEAR OF THEM " unless you like burning money.

In the six months I was with them I had 3 different account managers, seems a high turnaround of staff!. Impossible to speak with them and when you do, nothing changes.

When I was contacted when the 6 month contract was up to see if I would like to continue with service. I left them in no uncertain term that i would not and that if the work promised was not done correctly and in full I would be reporting them to Google. I was assured that it would be fixed, to my surprise I found out that they were still charging my card for 3 months after I said I would not be renewing it. I asked for my money back from after the contract and was told NO!

Do not use Add People, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Just Google Add People Reviews and you will see a lot of people who feel that they were suckered by these chancers
Io
  22nd of Nov, 2014
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I got in touch with Add People to run our Ad Words internet campaign chose this company due to it being a 'Google Partner'. First thing they said the budget wasn't big enough for the Ad Words but suggested they set up a 'Google Plus Page' this would make the business more visible - which at the end of the day that is what you want. They have a great sales team no doubt about that, as for the results not so great and customer service is a joke, they don't respond to emails, no telephone number to get them on. Wouldn't touch this company no matter what they say they can do for your business.
He
  27th of Nov, 2014
Hello,

Readers of this thread should be aware this was started more than 3 years ago by a disgruntled former employee and the allegations posted by him are entirely false.

I am a representative of Add People, and we are a top 100 UK digital agency (according to eConsultancy), and do our level best to provide a first class service to all of our 2500+ customers.

We have responded and/or resolved the handful of genuine customer complaints posted here over the last 3 years and the thread has been marked as resolved by complaints board after we attempted to contact the original poster and invited him to substantiate his remarks (he didn’t respond).

I would encourage readers to take a look at independent reviews of our work on review centre, Google my business before forming conclusions on us.

To - DTR

I’m sorry you were not happy with our service.

Your issues stem from a perceived lack of communication and the fact that Google Analytics was not installed. I’d like to clarify a few things:

We made several attempts to contact you by telephone and email and on a number of occasions we were told by your business partner that you were away on holiday. Nonetheless we were monitoring and updating your AdWords campaign regularly and you will have received automated monthly performance reporting since May.

Re - Google Analytics, we sent you the code to install this on your site as you said that you would install it yourself. We advised you about a week later that it wasn’t installed correctly.

We regret that you feel this way about your service and wish you the very best of luck for your business in the future.

To – IOWCottages

You began your service with us in early October, and our work took longer than normal because you already had a Google my business page but didn’t know the username and password, something which has taken us some time to resolve directly with Google.

Your new Google My Business page is now live, and I can confirm I could find you, it looks professional and it looks like we have been helping you to generate positive reviews and engagement.

We are sorry we didn’t respond to your email on 18th Nov promptly, but we hope you are now starting to see the benefits of the work we’re doing for you.

Regards,
Helen
Bl
  3rd of Mar, 2015
Addpeople have duped a vulnerable elderly person into paying for a service they have not delivered. I am acting on her behalf now and will be persuing reimbursement to her account of money taken from her by Addpeople. I am disgusted with their treatment of this lady and would warn anyone to steer well clear.
He
  4th of Mar, 2015
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We are deeply saddened and shocked by these allegations, I would urge "bleeper" to provide us with all the relevant details - this would ensure an immediate and thorough investigation of this matter.

Please contact me directly on 0161 928 6999 or phil@addpeople.co.uk

Phil McNulty
Add Media (Group) Ltd
Ja
  28th of Apr, 2015
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Many thanks to Phil McNulty at Add Media for his dedication in resolving the issue highlighted by ''Bleeper''
Despite other staff at Add People being unsympathetic and totally lacking in customer service skills, Phil McNulty went the extra mile and has resolved the matter. Many thanks once again Phil for your unswerving dedication. Jan McCulloch
  21st of Jul, 2015
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Please under no circumstances sign up with these con men all my ads were targeted in the wrong place so i did not get the right demographic contacting me for business the keywords i approved were not put in my campaign so i was getting clicks from the wrong people when i tried to get in touch with any one it took four days for them to get back to me and then the changes they made were not right alarm bells started ringing straight away when on my adwords advert they put my home address and own mobile phone number i have two freephone numbers on my website this was so un professional for an experienced company when i spoke to Matthew he said he would release me from the contract if i felt i was not getting value from it but when i cancelled my dd they sent me a solicitors letter within 4 days wanting £2, 200 they are very aggressive when trying to get money i am going to fight this i will not pay them a penny i would rather liquidate my company and set up again Neil Richardson.
Re
  22nd of Jul, 2015
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Signed up with addpeople in april 2015 was promised between 200 and 600 hundred clicks per month for our campaign now into the third month of the campaign barely had 100 clicks per month
With that said have contacted them on numerous occasions to sort it out but been fobbed off paid them nearly £900 alraedy and only had 96 clicks per month on average that equates to £3 ppc what a rip off
The sales team promise the earth and deliver nothing however this is not the end of this
Pa
  7th of Oct, 2015
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Went with AddPeople on March, paying £240 every months, for a small business like mine it was quite a straggle but I really believed it will bring me customers - not even single one! Absolute waste of money! I couldn't wait when this campaign will stop, but after 6 months they were keep going to take my money from the account. When I called I've been told that I should cancel the contract 30 days prior. They don't send you any notification of it, this thing written in a very small letters somewhere on the bottom and frankly running a business, being busy does anyone have time to remember that they need to call and cancel something 30 days in advance? When I tried to convince them they're wrong and they should give me the refund the answer was no. I've never received such an awful customer service, I feel robbed, campaign cost me lots of money and stress. Read reviews before you go with them, in my opinion - it's a SCAM company. I'll take my complaints further. I won't stop till I will get my money back.
Da
  22nd of Oct, 2015
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I used this company as well, I had a 3 month contract with them which was supposed to spend £200 per month on Google but less than £100 was spent each month. At the end of the three months I asked for the unspent surplus to be returned plus my set up fee as i actually got no calls from the campaign and i was told Add People do not give refunds :(

Add People Logo Add People