Ad in PennySaver / I was sold a sick puppy that died!

1 Whitter, United States Review updated:

I bought a puppy from an ad on pennysaver.com. I went to the lady that was selling the dogs sisters house and the german shepherd was adorable and I fell in love right away! As soon as I brought him home he was sick, he vomited on our way home (I just figured he was car sick) and he wouldn't eat. I called the lady I got him from and she told me is never had a problem eating and gave me some ideas on how to get him to eat. The next day I found his vomit with worms inside and my puppy didn't make it through the day; he bleed from his anus and its believed he had parvo (we got him on Tuesday the 18th and he died on Friday the 21st; we only had him for 4 days!). I called the lady and left her a message asking her to let the other families know what happened and make sure they get their puppies checked but she has not called me back and I do not believe she will. This is a very devastating experience for me! I was naive to believe that I was getting a healthy puppy and I will never again look through personal ad's for pet adoptions.

Comments

• Mr
      2nd of May, 2009

Wow, Sad . You did not think that the puppy should have been seen by a Vet right after you got it home ? The worms may have come out even by vomit if it was given a De-wormer - especialy Piperzine . Its possible that they overdosed the puppy which caused its decline also. Pennysaver would not be responcible for your loss, I would contact Animal Control and have the Owner and Sister investigated . In most states you have to be licenced to have litters of puppies, and need to pay sales taxes and keep paperwork like where the puppies go, and medical information. I hope they never breed a litter agian if they did not even offer to help you, or give you a new baby.. sorry for your loss - I see its been a year and I hope you have grown from this experiance and have a new fur kid to love.

• Vo
      9th of Sep, 2009

1. Quality animals do not come from ads out of the "Penny Saver."
    2. Use this as a lesson to take an animal immediately to a Vet after you purchase, adopt, or find.
    3. Do some research on "Backyard Breeders" to be able to identify warning signs (even if the puppies are cute) before going out and finding another dog to purchase.

• Rm
      31st of Mar, 2015

I Purchased fire wood from a person named Mark at 51-403-4126. The price for a full cord was $150 per cord. The person whom works for Mark delivered just about 1 cord. When I called Mark, he said that he would deliver the remaining cord of wood that I paid for. To date all I have received has been excuses as to not bringing the wood. This man is a rip off, do not spend your money with this person, Find a reputable company .