Acura / poor quality interior

1 Pembroke Pines, FL, United States Review updated:

I was a proud owner of a 2004 Acura TL which was purchased less than 2 years ago as a certified pre-owned vehicle at the Acura of South FL dealer. I recently noticed a crack on the dash board of the passenger side which has gotten worse. I visited the Acura dealer in Pembroke Pines FL to see if it would be covered under warranty, and I was told that it would not be covered under warranty, but to be sure, I should contact Acura Car Care for more information. I contacted Acura Car Care and I was told that it was not covered under warranty. I was very disappointed that it was not covered, due to the vehicle is only 5 years old, and I have had the vehicle for less than 2 years, therefore I felt it would be considered a defect of some kind. I can understand if it would have been a seat or a side panel of some source, because of wear and tear, or even if the vehicle was very old, but there is no such wear and tear of a dash board, no one sits or touches the dash board and the vehicle is only 5 years old. I purchased a windshield cover at the same time when I purchased the vehicle, due to it being sunny in Florida for most of the year, and I wanted to protect the inside of the vehicle from heat exposure, therefore, I did not expect for the dashboard to start cracking at such an early stage. When I visited the Acura dealer in Pembroke Pines, I asked the service representative if he had encounter such complains in the past, and he stated that he has seen a few incidents. I have owned Hondas and Nissans for several years in the past, and I have never encountered such a situation like this, and because Acura is considered a luxury vehicle, I feel that I should receive some kind of compensation. My plans were to upgrade my Acura TL to an Acura RL, because I have had nothing but a good experience with the vehicle, but now I am having second thoughts.

Comments

• Bl
      22nd of Jul, 2009

My wife has an '04 TL with 39k miles on it. Cracks started appearing three months ago in the dash. I am taking it to the dealership tomorrow. My wife has always driven Acuras, but if they don't do anything about it, then her next car will be a Volvo.

• Ro
      27th of Sep, 2009

Hello people, I want to let you know that the cracked dash issue is well know for acura and its dealerships. There is a group on facebook named "Acura TL Defective Dash". join if you can. There is alos a lot of great info on this issue on Acurazine. Here is a Link to both:

Acurazine:

Facebook:

I highly recomend you join the facebook group. there is lots of great info in it.

Good luck.

Orlando

• Bo
      18th of Jul, 2016
    Acura - Poor quality, Acura MDX 2007
    Acura
    New Jersey

Unlike previous Acura mdx vehicles that I owned, the quality of the 2007 is extremely poor. Now after bringing my vehicle to 2 different dealers and paying for repairs they cannot fix a very noticeable engine noise at 40 to 60 MPH. Other problems are the interior leather is pealing and cracking and the Navi system had to be completely replaced.
    I will no longer buy an acura product since they no longer know how to build quality products and maintain them.

• Fi
      28th of Jul, 2016
    Acura - This is not acceptable that Acura can tolerate their deal doing business like that
    Acura

This dealer is the closest one to my home. I went there last time, eveything went well. This time, I didn't make appointment and went straight to their shop. However, I did made a couple of phone calls to the dealers within 20 miles of where I live. The B1 service is due and the priceses I got range from $129 - $165. Acura of Glendale quoted me $135. I decided to go. Manny is the service guy who took care of me. After he knew that I walked in without making an appointment, he told me the price will be $135 for B service. I said I got the quote is for B1, but he insist that B1 has additional rotating tires, which is additional. He won't horner $135. Since I wasn't sure if the price I got for B1 includes tire rotation not, I have no choice and have to do it since I was on site already. By the time the service is done and I am ready to pay, the final price is $167 because they added labor, parts and tax on top of $135.

I serviced my car in may different places. The industry standard is that you quote the price as the out-the-door price. You don't quote one price and when customer came in and added labor, parts and tax on top of it.

This is not a honest way to do business. Acura is a premium brand, I feel I was treated like an idiot. This is not acceptable that Acura can torlerate their deal doing business like that!