Active.com / Sleazy practices, opt-out charges
Active.com uses deceptive opt-out tactics to rip people off. My wife fell victim to these ### when signing up our 9 year old for youth soccer at the local rec center. We ONLY wanted to sign up for soccer and never intended to become Active Advantage members. Missing their opt out almost cost us $60 extra and I expect that their business model is based on less diligent people than us just missing the notification. We will no longer participate in any activities that require the use of Active.com to register and we will proactively inform people about them from now on.
The company did reverse the charges but I am still mad that they wasted our time and did this in such a deceptive manner. I intend to lodge a complaint with the state AG also as I firmly believe we as consumers need to stand up and fight this kind of crap if we don't want to be perpetual victims.
More Active.com Complaints & Reviews
- Active.com - Active advantage trial membership scam 
- Active Network - Unauthorized / stolen card number purchase 
- Active.com - Hidden charges 
- Active.com - Fraudulent Charges 
- Active.com - Active Advantage Trial Membership Scam
- Active.com - won't provide refund for paid event
- Active.com - Charging for membership i never signed up for 
- Active Network - running cares - event request ignored
- Active.com - unexpected charges on credit card 
- Active Network - Scam membership fee