Acer America Corporation / Horrible customer service

1 333 West San Carlos Street, Suite 1500San Jose, CA, United States Review updated:

Laptop keyboard defective. "S" and "D" keys don't work. Had computer 1 day and they won't pay shipping to send it to repair or replace. Called, emailed and fax several times and neither Acer nor ShopNBC will pay the shipping.

Horrible customer service! Their product arrived defective and they can't pay $20-$25 shipping on a $1000 purchase!!

Va

Comments

• Br
      2nd of May, 2008

I sent in my laptop for repair for the 5/6th time and this time it was because a constant beeping sound when you boot up the laptop. Now I am very carefull with the laptop and dont allow any drinks around it, (very important info) However when I sent it in I received a call 2 days after they received it saying that someone spilled something on it and that I have to pay $449 to fix it. THats bull crap. I have read about people being frauded like this before but did not think that they would do it to me.

• Sm
      9th of Mar, 2009

Acer sell lemon laptops an WILL NOT support them

• So
      17th of Sep, 2011
    Acer America Corporation - Poor service
    Acer America Corporation

If you had to be rated for customer service at Acer computer rerpair in temple texas, you are the absolute worst in the entire world, how dare you take a person's computer and not inform them when it will be repaired and returned, may you go bankrupt because you have lousy computer and super lousy customerservice

25th of Sep, 2011
    Acer America Corporation - Poor service
    Acer America Corporation

Purchased a Lap Top - Acer Aspire from Acer in 2009 after less than 9 months, the computer security system stopped working, I had problems printing ducuments, as their existed a disconnect with the printers. After purchasing 3 separate printers I realize the problem was the computer. I have valid antivirus software on my computer. In addition, using the empowerment technology was difficult because the restore component was missing.
    I sent the compter to Acer Repair Shop in Temple TX. They want $199, although my system is under warranty. They sent my system back to me after I took issue with their disregard of my warranty. When they returned it, I had missing screws from my computer. It appears as if they opened it, and refused to screw the screws back into my computer. It has been difficult to reach a live operator, and when asking for assistance for a product under warranty, they want to charge you before answering any questions. What a rip off and very poor customer service. I advise looking into other companies i.e. HP.