ACDelco / timing belt serial # tb [protected] 8/21/18
This Delco timing belt and a water pump were installed by University Auto in Dubuque, IA on my 2001 Toyota Camry at 112, 000 miles and broke at 147, 000 miles on August, 16th, after only 35, 00 miles of use, shortly before my family was to go on a weekend trip to Milwaukee, WI. The normal lifespan of timing belts is in the range of 90, 000 to 110, 000 miles on this series of Camry according to specs. This belt was obviously defective necessitating the rental of a car from Enterprise at a cost of $161 for thee days. Anderson-Weber auto company charged $740 to r&r pump, thermostat, and belt. What is the warranty on this belt? I believe AC Delco should cover at least 2/3 of this loss or $600 especially because of the stress and the cost this added to our vacation plans. As a respected American company I'm sure you will respect our claim. Dean Rampson, 670 Cleveland Ave, Dubuque, IA, [protected].
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
More ACDelco Complaints & Reviews
- AC Delco Battery - Bad customer service 
- ACDelco - Extended Range Battery (EVLN2)
- ACDelco - Lack of product and service quality 
- AC DELCO QUICK SERVICE WORKSHOP - Very Slow Service
- AC Delco Battery - Battery
- ACDelco - advertising with battery guarantee never being guaranteed but altered with a warranty stipulation
- ACDelco - Alternator
- ACDelco - Oil filter 
- ACDelco - 2000 buick lesabre fuel pump
- ACDelco - front shocks on 2015 suburban ltz part #84176631