Account Now Visa / they froze my card and won't reply

1 CA, United States Review updated:

In the beginning of May, 2008 I contacted my credit card company (Account Now Visa) and advised them that someone used my credit card without my permission, they said they would investigate and I would hear from they in 30 days, in 30 days I received a letter stating that they couldn't do anything because someone also used my pin number, that was that.

This is July 11th, it is also Friday, I discovered at 2:30pm that account now froze my funds, I called a total of 8 times, Customer Service said the person that froze the accoount, did so because of my complaint in MAY, since then I have mad regular payments, so I cannot for the world understand WHY HAVE THEY FROZE MY ACCOUNT?

No one calls you back, they say they will, but they don't, they keep putting me on hold, I got this card so I don't carry cash, I have no way to get gas, to buy food, I am in real trouble and I told them, I told them I want my money, I answered all their security questions, but they just say someone will call.

• Agnes Jones's Response, Mar 30, 2017

then when you try there customer services ok you get machine talking

Comments

• Cl
      20th of Dec, 2010

ok My funds were not released today. I was on hold for an hour to be told by a represenative Dakota my account is still froze. I asked him what I do wrong. I faxed documents, I even mailed documents. Put up with the frustration of waiting while you find the mail an employer signed for. My Irs refund was accepted from Account Now Nov25, 2010 I was told today 12/19/2010 my funds will NOT BE RELEASED DUE TO NOISE IN THE BACKGROUND WHEN ON PHONE. So why did I fax all those documents? You thought you will keep my money. I am turning them over to Feds they ruined my Christmas. I am sending every complaint I find online. email to [protected]@aol.com your complaint. He is close friend to the family Feds. wrong peolple you crooks. Dakota hope you keep your job and Oh sweet Nancy you to.

• Sh
      9th of Jan, 2011
    Accountnow Visa Card - canceld wrong card
    acountnow
    403 crittenden
    Yoakum
    Texas
    Phone: 9793186632

i had 2 acount now cards with direct deposit on there and i called to let them no that i didnt receive my card and to send me another one, well they canceled the wrong card and sent the wrong card so i have to wait another week for my card to come in the one with the bigger money amount, so now i have 10 days of late fees on 2 bills which is gonna cost me another 60 dollars, remind this is not my fault but they cant do nothin about it, then they want to charge me 40 dollars for there mistake to receive my card faster in 3 days, why should i have to come up off of more money for there mess up they could waive it and send me my card in 3 days.

• Cm
      14th of Feb, 2011

It is Feb 13, 2011 and account now froze my account after i spent up all my federal taxs. So i have 244.00 in my account with them and i sent in my information to un freeze my account. Now i have another problem my ny state tax was deposit on this card to and now that my card is frozen i think they have my money what to do.

• Bi
      28th of Apr, 2011

I have been trying for three days to get a hold taken off my account! The paperwork was sent to them by the Company and I was told if it was done before the end of a business day I would have my funds. Three days later I still don’t have the funds. The excuse, “they are still trying to contact the merchant!” Please I called and got the merchant three times since they sent the information!!! This is the second time I have had trouble with Account Now! I will be posting this info on the internet and will close my account now account!!! People will hear about this, be sure of that!

• Ye
      18th of May, 2011

I am so upset with accountnow. My card was compromised (number stolen from the internet) and a total of $400 fraudulant charges have been charged against my acct. (A devestating amount for most families) And it is not until NOW that I realize how dangerous it is
    to have your MONIES tied up with a company like "Accountnow". They have NOT been sympathetic/ NOT helpful. One of the representatives in the dispute dept...first HARASSED me for me to prove my identity...I gave her my address, full SS#, E-Mail address and she refused to talk to me because I couldn't remember the phone number listed on the account (I've been with them for 6 or 7 years) I've moved and couldn't remember ALL the phone numbers I had. But she cancelled my card, without me asking her to do that. Why?
    This fraudulant charge thing left me BROKE...I was hoping the companies would not collect because they were pending...then, I was going to draw the money off. Well, now I have to wait 10 business days. So I called the next day, to learn from a rep. that no card had been sent stated she was taking care of it, called the next day talked to a rep...to learn they STILL had not sent the new card, called TODAY and spoke with another rep...to learn they STILL have not sent the new card and to top it all off two of the fraudulant charges got paid yesterday. NOw I must dispute these two charges that can take up to 60 days and to top it all off...the fraudulant charges were made in HONG KONG...NEW ZEALAND... UNITED KINGDOM!!! I am almost just in tears! And to think, the people I trusted for 7 years (Accountnow). THEY CANNOT HELP ME! They have ONLY added to my frustration and pain. I warn you... Do NOT trust this company!

• Ju
      7th of Jul, 2011

I am physicaly disabled and suffer from severe depression after 30 years as an iron worker I have direct deposit of my social security check going to my account now account. As of july 1 2011 social security sent my check to my account now account and they claim they never received it after waiting 7 days for thier bank to process it and giving them the benefit of doubt, they still claim not to have received it and I have proof that social security sent it to my account now account, I have called them and spoke with several supervisors and they have done nothing to resolve this!! This is my only source of income and now I have nothing and am going to have my electricity shut off and possible eviction thanks to account now!!! This is the worst company to do buissness with and thier customer service is void. I have filed a formal complaint with the BBB and also the US Treasury department, because this involved a federal check!!! If you have an account with them CANCEL IT!! RIGHT NOW!!!

• Wa
      15th of Nov, 2011
    Accountnow Risk - RIP OFF
    AccountNow Risk

First and foremost I never applied for this card. My mother sent my daughter $80.00 for her birthday, since my credit union account was currently in the negative and she was sending the money through her pay pal. I gave her the information to send it to the card. This was actually May 28, 2011. After going through the process of verification I decided call them Monday which was the 30th. I was told that the birthday that I provided did not match the one that was on file that they had. And that the card was being restricted and that I needed to fax them my ID SS and a utility bill I did all of this faxed it twice. I waited until the Wednesday the June 1, 2011 to call them back they claim that they had just fax that day and had recieved all three documents and that it would take 24-48 hours for them to review it, later on that day someone called me from the risk management department stating that they recieved my SS and utility bill but not my ID how is this when I sent all 3 of them out at the exact sametime. I asked them was there anyway that I could just transfer my funds into my credit union account. I was told that there was nothing that could be done until the restriction had been taken off the account. After hanging up the phone I immediately faxed my ID I faxed it like 10 times think that this way they could not say that they did not get it. So I waited until today Monday 6, 2011 to contact them then I was told today that they did not recieve my faxed ID WOW not when i faxed it like 10 times they should've at least gotten at least one out of the ten. The part that is even more funnier is that everytime I call they are charging me how is it that it's so restricted and I can't do nothing with it but everytime I call they are constantly taking my money. This is a RIP OFF. I live on a fixed income and need every $ of my money. I replaced the $80.00 for my daughter since she thought her grandmother had lied and forgotten her birthday, using my bill money. My electicity is about to get cut off and they are still playing with my money. When I shared this with the REP her response was well is there anyone that you could borrow the money from why should I have to go out there and get into debt when I have money that they are holding and taking away from everytime I make a call trying to get help. Is there anyone that has the fax number to keep me from calling these people and they taking more and more money out without helping me. i am now down from $80.00 to $68.00 and this is all from calling them trying to have these funds released just so I can pay my bills. I have been doing some research and have read all of these different compliants. I have also made a complaint via internet with the BBB. I am hoping that they respond to me a quick as possible. No one should be allowed to get away with this. I am so glad that I fould all of this out before I change the direct deposit for my social security and my daughter SSI. All I want is my whole $80.00 amount back and the restrictions taken off the account so that I can transfer it out of account.

17th of Dec, 2011

We are also having problems with account now. I had two cards with them. My card was stolen. I When i called i asked if they could transfer the money to the other card, they said yes. however i didn't have that other card to verify the card number. The representative i talked to assured me, if i cancelled the card, that i could call in the morning, verify my other card and it would be transferred. They still haven't put the money on the card. So many different stories from these people, it would take to long to write. I have talked to supervisors, who are rude and yell at me. Tell me to fax information..which i have numerous times & they say they never received. They said they would send me another card..but i had to pay $40 to expedite it. I said no..just send it through normal delivery. After waited 10 days of not receiving it i called. They told me they didn't send it, because i refused to expedite it. They supervisor yelled at me and hung up on me. She said i couldn't talk to no one else!
    It has been two months. I need that money..its mine.

• Le
      30th of Jan, 2012

i been sending my paycheck and taxed to my husband account now for 3yrs this yr they frozen the account saying we were doing fraud it been more than 72hrs and 10 phone calls and this issue has not been resolved.
    if anyone can email me and tell me how their situation was resolved [protected]@GMail.com

• Cm
      1st of Feb, 2012

Please help..I just got the Now card about a month ago I deposited money to pay a few bills and didn't have an issue, My sister also has the card and got a US treasury check deposited today the 1st of the month.For a few days before today it showed my federal tax refund pending, and my sister's disabilty check pending just the same, but 2 different accounts.Last night I checked to see if money posted, but the pending deposit disappeared, my sisters did as well.This morning I looked at both accounts my sisters money that was way less posted to her account, but nothing my tax refund has disapeared i contacted the IRS and they sent it to my NOW card, it did show pending now I don't know were my money is?I read all these bad reviews and all said there acct. was frozen.My account has NOT been frozen, I called and they charged for the call but wasn't able to speak to anyone, I emailed and asked what happened but no return email.Has this happened to anyone and what does this mean?I put the refund on this card because it does promise to come quicker than a paper check..PLEASE HELP!!!

• Fi
      4th of Feb, 2012

They froze my sons account right after his $8000 tax return posted saying he needed to prove his identity. That was Jan 31. Have faxed 15 pages of identifying information because they needed to verify his identity. Have phoned numerous times and account still restricted. Wake up people..this company is asking for personal information and closing everyone accounts that have large tax returns. Somehow all this money just disappears ? I Know what they are up to. They want our information so they can close our accounts and open up new ones using our personal information. New accounts for themselves. Figure it out...they are committing identity theft against their own customers..First of all they ask us to fax w2s ? They are not the IAS. They did not prepare my taxes and that money was cleared through the IRS..its a scam and they are getting away with it by hiding behind the patriot act..not once is it ever mentioned how they secure our personal information..who has access to those documents or what happens to them..they will continue milking us and getting away with it unless we fight back..I mean come on now they must be breaking some federal laws here..we need to all the accountnow card holders who have gone through this to fight back and shut
    them down..lets all get together and file complaints with federal banking agencies state reps bbb, ftc, occ and particularly in CA. Since that's where they are headquartered. We need to make these people listen..Eventually if enough of us complain they will investigate..I'm ready to call the media and expose them for the crooks they are..I'm fed up, exhausted and broke thanks to account now

• 2k
      22nd of Mar, 2012

im going thru similar stories they closed my account on mar6 an didnt give me a reason why .told me i would recieve my check in 7 to 10 days ...i called back last week an they saide the check was mailed on the 16th an it wud also take 7 to 10 day upon reciept of my check...i called on 2day an they told me it was sent out on the 19th an it would take 3 to 4 weeks ...wow...are you serious...me being the curious person i am i called back less than ahour 2day an spoke with a different rep an she told me it was sent out 2day an it take 3 to 4 weeks ...well needless to say im getting a attorney because this is ridiculous an its fraud.i reported the to the FSA FOR FALSE AN MISLEADING STATEMENTS MADE TO THE COMPLAINTANT(me) an a failure to respond to my complaint fairly an consistently...or ensure theat the matter is resolved, , , while charging you each time you call..i too faxed documents ...but wth????? really they didn ask for any of this upon opening this acoount...good luck you guys but we have ben BAMBOOZLED!!

• Po
      14th of May, 2012

If you're wondering why you're having problems with Accountnow, it's because the FDIC closed down the bank that issues their pre-paid cards in April 2012. The bank that was closed, Palm Desert National Bank, knowing that their ship was sinking, did what most doomed companies do - cut back on vital departments such as customer service and DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES release funds to card holders and STONEWALL, STONEWALL, STONEWALL. So your account was frozen for no apparent reason? So you have not been able to get any resolution to account related issues? So you've been on hold with the "risk department" for hours? Guess what? There IS NO RISK DEPARTMENT. If you filed a dispute and wondered why you were given the run around for months (faxes they just never received, papers that were mailed yet you never received, hold times where over an hour has gone by before you've had to hang up, etc;) well, now you know. Accountnow's Risk Department hasn't been "busy" - the standard answer you receive from their customer service employees. They haven't been in operation AT ALL.

To make matters worse, there's reason to believe that Palm Desert National Bank's Portfolio has not been transferred yet to Pacific Premier Bank. Accountnow customers should be prepared for more stonewalling for quite some time.

The new bank that acquired the banking operations for Palm Desert National Bank is Pacific Premier Bank of Costa Mesa. They officially assumed all operations, including Accountnow pre-paid visa card accounts on April 30th, 2012. Can't get anywhere with Accountnow??? Here are some numbers to call:

FDIC Customer Service: 888-206-4662
    Pacific Premier Bank: 714-881-0719

Google Pacific Premier Bank and you'll find the President and Vice President's contact numbers.

Accountnow should be sued by people like myself for the many hours they caused me to waste, being on hold for a department that doesn't exist. They were not forthcoming with their account holders.

• Jb
      28th of Feb, 2013

Account Now is the worst debit card in the universe!! there customer service takes up to forty minutes to even answer a question!!
    never put your tax refund on this card...you can only withdraw 300.00 per day! If you see charges you didnt make and dispute them your card will be frozen without your knowledge... this card SUCKS!!!

• Ax
      10th of Aug, 2013

For as many fees they charge - they should have better customer care - obviously that is not a priority for them! they charge for everything - I tried to donate to a non-profit organization via paypal - paypal did not accept this card because "accountnow" stated that the information I entered on paypal was wrong - tried 4 times same responds. NOW, Even though the transaction did not go through "accountnow" charged a fee to every attempt made to donate to this organization via paypal - IN MY OPINION THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS!!! All they do is charge, charge, run adds up the rear - and yet when we need customer service there is none!!! They also promised/advertised (same thing) $15 at the time I activate direct deposit - WELL - I NEVER SEEN THAT!!! CROOKS!!! I will now start a CAMPAIGN AGAINST THIS COMPANY - I was going to recommend them - NOT NOW!!! NOW I WILL DO THE OPPOSITE!! I will deter everyone I know and then some from doing business with this company and complain to the BBB and the Issuing Bank etc, etc, etc, ... Thank you AccounNow - in my opinion YOU SUCK!!! and a bunch of crooks. FOR THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOUR COMPANY CHARGE EVERY CARD HOLDER YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE 24/7 but no!!! your office hours are mon-fri till 4pm EST. YOU SUCK!!!

20th of Aug, 2013

My account with this company was closed because I didn't use it!!! Had to make several calls to figure out how to get my money. Each call cost $1.00. So the $1000.00 dwindled considerably really fast. The grief these people gave me to get my money was unbelievable. Never any notice that that had closed my account at all. I think they need a class action filed against them. Does anyone know how to do that.

• Ta
      26th of Dec, 2013

I have had money from booking a hotel room on hold for over a week. I went to the hotel and they were really nice and spent over 45min on the phone with visa gold green dot and sent a letter to them and giving authorization to free the money which was also done a week prior. The hotel told me that gold visa green dot said the money will be back on the card the next day. Three days later... still no release from the hold and no money on the card. This is ridiculous!!! What are families to do that require their money back in hand within a couple days?? I can understand a day or two but not over a week and especially when they say it will be available the next day and three days pass with no changes that were promised. What should I do now that I was relying on their word to be true and going to use that money (my money that I should be able to use at any time) to put a roof over my families head for two nights. Am I supposed to just accept the fact that we now have to sleep in my truck for the two nights??? Why does it take one second to take the money from the card but weeks to get it back when it is mine to begin with???? My money should be just that... my money. I already pay $10 a month for nothing and not to mention $3.95 every single time I want to add money to my card, but this one is the one that really gets me... charge me 50 cents when I call an automated machine that gives me my balance. What is this world coming to???? Why should I have to pay so many fees... on top of fees... The only thing that is being done is my money is being put on a card (by myself by going and purchasing a card and then calling with the info. to have the money then placed on the card) so suppliers are able to verify that the money is truly my money by having a piece of plastic with my name on it. How does that make it right to take advantage of the consumer and put a hold for a ridiculous amount of time while the consumer ends up sleeping in their vehicle with their three children. Why???

• Re
      6th of Jun, 2015

an online account will not release money [New Question]
    does anybody know about Account Now online baking. How do I get my money from them they will not talk to me it was locked because someone tried to access my account now they wiil not release my money to me...

Account Now Visa - will not release money from account [New Complaint]
    I was in jail and someone tried to access my account so account now put a lock on my account. When i got out of jail Account Now wanted proff that I was Renee Plazola. I gave them everthing they wanted. They will not release my money. It came to a point that theywould not answeer my calls and when they did they would put me on hold for hours. I finially gave up. I did not know what to do . Now tha...

• Ty
      4th of Feb, 2016

My card was canceled on February 26 and my money was taken off of it I don't understand why. I got paid February 29 and I still haven't received my replacement card I really need my card and money I have two ill girls I have too care for please refund my money please.

• Ay
      3rd of Mar, 2016

I want to sue a account now but I don't know how we are encountering same problem they won't release our money. We have 3 kids and just move to a house now that they have our money we cant afford to pay our bills.