Absolute Resolution Group / Possible fraud

1 CA, United States Review updated:

About 2 years ago I financed a laptop from a booth located in the Riverwalk Mall in Texas. And through non-payment the account was sent to a debit collector. My phone rang nonstop and reluctantly i finally answered and setup a payment plan of $700 a month for 4 months and then all would be paid. And then another collector by the name of Absolute Resolution Group is calling stating that they have the original hard copy of my contract. I am not sure if I am experiencing fraud or a glitch in the system. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Ca
      9th of Mar, 2009

I am having the same problem with them. I paid off a debt in Nov. 2007 and Absolute keeps calling me saying I owe $250.00 . They demand that I prove to them that I don't owe anything. I have a letter from the original collection company and I called them and they told me that my debt was paid. but Absolute won't call them.

• El
      19th of Sep, 2009

I certaintly know for a fact that Absolute Resolution Group is a legit company so there has to be some sort of misunderstanding, but dont have to worry about the fraud part. And no, I dont work or have worked for them. Just know some of the history of the company