abadak.com / poor service/ shady

multiple companies: tarpsplus.com, acecanopy.com, and abadak.com.
all same address. service is terrible. they post an Authorization Hold on your card, then charge you, essentially tying up twice the cost in your account until all funds have cleared. I shop online often and have NEVER seen a company do this. Based on my research and similar complaints as above, I would stay away from all of these companies. I understand the owner is one Michael Stein of California.

abadak.com

Sa

Comments

• 1h
      2nd of May, 2009

I have to disagree that this company is what you refer to as shady it sounds to me that your broke ### dont need to shop online if you cant afford an authorization hold and further more when I ordered the kiddie tent the customer service was great and my tent was sent to me really fast and my kids love it. So if the owner is Michael Stein I would like him to know that I was pleased with his company and to keep the great employees in customer service.

• Kr
      15th of Jul, 2009

I bought a replacement tarp and they shipped on ethat was spliced together and I could not use it. I returned it for a replacement on 6/18. I called and called and on 7/15/ I received a replacement except that guy Alexander from customer service returned the same tarp I had received originally. I called back to tell them waht happened and they wanted a picture of the tarp they justhad shipped to me. I will never buy anything from these people. I agree, it appears that they are a shady bunch trying to take advantage of customers. I asked for Mr Stein, the CEO, but they refused to let me talk to him. They have a total of 26 employees so we are not talking about a large corporation.

• Do
      27th of Jan, 2010

i agree total scam, purchased a $90 tarp, susposed to be heavy duty, same tarp i could of bought at harbor freight, TSC, FARM FLEET for $20, called customer service, finally got thru after about an hour, was told i could send it back for 20 percent re-stock fee, and store credit for the rest of my money, told them i jus wanted a refund and they could keep all their mickey mouse products, they told me no refund, then asked to talk to store manager, none on duty, asked to talk to owner, nope wasnt happening, then i was told to dispute the purchase with my credit card company, and have a good day, ...DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY...

1st of Mar, 2010

I also had a bad experience with abadak. I purchased a firewood holder in Jan. It's now March and I still have not received my order. I called several times and even though I had the order number, they could not find my order. Eventually they claimed to have found the order but could not provide an ETA for delivery. Customer Service could care less about getting me my purchase. I asked for a refund but I wouldn't be surprised if I have to follow up to get it. I'm guessing I will also have to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

• Cl
      22nd of Mar, 2010

I bought a tarp from these people that was designed for above ground pools as discribed by the website.It did not even make it two months before it was leaking and coming apart.They refused to refund my money or replace it.It was over the thirty days warranty.

• Bu
      15th of Apr, 2010

I found THIS site 'too late'. I ordered the 10x20 canopy from Abadak (Ace Canopy). It came w/o the tarp! Also missing were the 8 feet. I contacted them, but all I got was getting transferred to a recording w/ Ricky --- and no one has responded since then.

• Cg
      27th of Apr, 2010

The company cannot be trusted. I placed an order for a tarp and was immediately charged. But the product was not sent. A week later I as told it would be sent that day. It was not. Two weeks later I was told that it was out of stock and it would not be sent for at least another week--in other words, at least a month after the order was placed. I cancelled and hope the money will be refunded to my credit card.

• Ke
      25th of May, 2010

I ordered a tarp yewsterday for $199.77 then when I checked my bank acfct on line last night I found that another $211 had been charged. So now I have (2) charges against me. Until one clears.
    Although I can weather this situation, I still am uncomfortable with this practice.
    I too wish I had found this site "before" I placed my order.

I am going to try and cancel this morning, if for no other reason than to give myself some peace of mind.

• Pv
      29th of Jun, 2010

On march 18, 2010 I ordered a custom canopy from Ace canopy. A 6 pole heavy duty 10 x 10 enclosed canopy . On June 18 we decided to set it up to make sure we knew how to prepare for the summer craft show season. When I opened up the pipes they had not been de burred when they were cut. The insides of every pipe had a razor sharp burr on it. I thought it shouldn't have been overlooked before shipping but I went ahead and filed them all smooth. Then we started to set up the canopy. I had to file the inside and outside of every pipe and connector to even get it to go together. Another little aggravation. Then when we got the frame together and started to attach the canopy we found out that all the bungy cords were 12 in long instead of 6 in like the packages said. We had to wrap the cords twice to get them to work and then things really went wrong. The top tarp was not wide enough. The gable end tarps were not wide enough. After failing to get any of the tarps to fit I did a little measuring. THEY sent me a 11" x 9'2" frame, and tarps for a 10 x 10.
    That's when I went in and wrote them an e mail. Took them 3 days to respond and only after calling. They needed my order# which I sent them. In a weeks time, countless e mails and several phone calls the only response I can get is " sorry for your inconvenience but its not under warranty". I asked them to explain to me what the warranty has to do with anything. I ordered a 10 x 10, paid for a 10 x 10, and my receipt is for a 10 x 10. I got a 11 x 9'2" frame . I have repeatedly asked for a supervisor but cant get one to respond. To date Ace canopy has refused to address this problem .

• Bg
      29th of Jun, 2010

I also wish i had checked this site before I ordered. I would like to hear from anyone who has been able to use their "store credit". I placed an order with it, and a month later I am still getting the run around. They seem to have a series of hoops you have to jump though, and if you make it to the end, they just start again. When I called this morning they could not find my order, then it was on back order, and then it had been drop shipped. Crystal said she would send me a confrimation email in 5 min. Still waiting. But Jared told me the same 2 weeks ago. I think they need a IRS audit to see where all the "store credits" are. They are not people you want to do business with.

• Li
      19th of Mar, 2011

I placed an order for 8 patio chairs over a week ago. I viewed my account online at abadak and noticed the order was still pending. I called customer service at abadak over 5 times with no resolution. They kept transfering me to different people, all voicemails and I have had it. I called today 9 days later to cancel my order and they said ok, no problem. They were unable to give me a confirmation number. This company is very shady. Please do not order anything from them!!! Horrible experince.

• Wa
      16th of Aug, 2011

This company is a total frigging joke.. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from them..

• Ge
      23rd of Aug, 2011

This is the first time I have ever felt duped by an online vendor. It has been ten days since I placed my order and I have heard nothing since. E-mails are not answered, telephone calls go to voicemail and any human contact you make with them is for placing orders only, with no means available to check on an order.
    In the future I will always check for complaints before placing an order. The worst part is they are a BBB approved vendor. I guess they must pay their dues on time.

• Ju
      2nd of Jun, 2014

I ordered a canopy from Ace Canopy (abadak) and they originally did not ship it to me. After a few calls, I was able to receive it from their Texas warehouse. It was the wrong size from what I ordered. I have sent 7 emails to customer service and made 6 phone calls. Every phone call I have reached the "order line" instead of customer service. I have tried several days of the week and at all times during their operating hours. I have been told that customer service may be out to lunch, have too many calls so it rolled over to the order line and a few other excuses why I do not get customer service.

I was told that Angelina is the only person who can assist me, but still no return call or email. I am sure that the CEO, Michael Stein, has no idea how poor his customer service representative is. I am looking for contact information for him and want to advise him in order to get my $80.00 back.

Very sad and unprofessional for such a large company to treat their customers like this.

Very unhappy customer.

• Bo
      30th of Aug, 2015

Originally ordered a full canopy, for which I was completely satisfied. A year later I ordered two replacement tarps, which arrived just fine.
    However the first replacement tarp dry-rotted in just 3 1/2 months. On July 6, 2015, I called C/S and brough it to their attention. The lady graciously offered to provide a single "good will" replacement. I called again on July 17th(live person), August 6th(VM), August 11(VM), August 12(VM), and again on August 13th(live person)... still no tarp despite assurances as late as August 13th that the tarp would be shipped.
    I live about an hour from their Palmdale outlet and am tempted to go tune up somebody!!! This review is consistent with YELP reviews and others on this site that complain about zero followthrough. Must have been really lucky with my 1st 2 orders!!!

• Br
      30th of Mar, 2016

So far, it looks like I'm another "found out too late" customer. Ordered two 10 x 12 30mil tarps ($825.52) and received two tarps marked 10 x 12 20mil. Advertised 24hr customer service is answering operator who takes your info for call-back. Probable loss of $200. False advertising Internet (FBI; BBB;Texas Consumer Affairs). Info re: "Norton Shopping Guarantee" doesn't exist. We'll see if any solution is provided.