Aarons Rent To Own / terrible customer service!

1 11270 S. Crenshaw Blvd.Inglewood, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 323-777-7000

I went in to Aaron's on 3/19th or 20th/08 to obtain a television and the one of interest was not available until the Wednesday, April 2. I returned on 3/27/08, completed an application and made an initial payment. Mind you, the employees of Aarons never verified my information nor did I sign a contract, but they took my payment. In addition, the application gave you an option to select payment due on the 1st or the 15th and like most people because mortgages/rent are generally due at that time, I selected the 15th. Beginning May 1, 2008, I received call from Aaron's, not sure at that point why, I figured it was a sales call to offer more product. When the calls became more frequent around 5/8-5/15/08, I began to wonder. When I received an invoice in the mail it indicated prorated payment making my bill was due on the 1st. So I called the store on 5/14/08, the manager was very rude and told me that he don't know why that option is on the application and that if i want my payments to be on the 15th then I would need to pay an additional amount. I told him why should I be penalized for something they failed to disclose. If that were the case my husband and I would have made different arrangements. The worst of all is that Aaron's took my payment prior to verifying any of my information and I never signed a contract. This is an very unprofessional organization. I am contemplating legal action against the company for failure to disclosure and improper business management.

De

Comments

• Kl
      24th of Jun, 2008

Aaron's I thought do not verify or run credit checks