AAA.com / battery service

1 Louisville, KY, United States Review updated:

I bought a new battery from aaa when mine died. While under warranty my battery died again. I called them to fix it. I was told i had to take my car to auto zone for about 4 hours to charge it then call aaa to come back to my home & retest the battery before they would honor the warranty. I didn't have a ride to auto zone & i have to drive my girls to & from school every day (This is on a sunday) i decided to just buy a new one because i couldn't do what he was asking. I told him i would keep the battery, charge it later & use it for fans & music @ my daughters softball tournaments, he says fine. He gives me the final total, i wright the check, then he tells me i have to give him an additional 10.00 to keep the battery or he has to take it from me. I refused because it is mine, i paid for it already. He says he is going to take out the new battery he just put in my car & aaa will call the police & charge me with theft if i don't pay the 10.00 or give them my battery i previously purchased. My husband asked him to leave & he began shouting @ him & wouldn't leave. I paid him & called the police who told aaa guy it was a civil matter & he could not arrest me for theft because it was my battery. He upset me, my husband, my children & threw off my whole day planned & still has my $. I can afford the 10 but why after i already paid did he as for more? They are the crooks, they are bad. I will never renew with them again & we have been with them since 1980's. I plan on contacting the attorney general about this & more because he threatened me to get the money.

Comments

• Wi
      2nd of Sep, 2011

I purchased AAA battery a little over a year ago when I stuck with stalled car paying almost 3 times of regular price. The AAA serviceman had told me that there will be 3 years warranty service regardless if I remain AAA member or not during that period.

My car sat in the garage for about 3 weeks and when I need to go for a job interview, car would not start because battery was dead. I called AAA battery warranty service that was on the battery. I spoke to a lady and she connected me to local West Hills, CA AAA office. The lady refused to send serviceman because I refused to pay for warranty service.

I asked her why do I have to pay if the battery is UNDER WARRANTY?
    She said the warranty service is only for AAA member. What a twist? They charge almost 3 times higher price for the battery and do not provide warranty service to non-member.