24 Hour Fitness / heat/lack of air conditioning

1 8612 santa monica boulevardWest Hollywood, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 310 652 7440

I tried working out at the gym, and the workout area is not ariconditioned that I could tell, nor can the windows open. I saw only one fan moving the air. because of the people working out it was hot and humid. I asked the front desk if there was any time of day when they air condition the workout area and they said that the corporate office has told them not to do so. I think it is dangerous to workout in those conditions. I also work out at another 24 hour fitness in another city and the conditions there are fine and the gym is kept at a modest temperture regardless of the number of poeple working out.

Comments

• Fr
      19th of Sep, 2008

I belong to 24 Hour Fitness in Frisco Texas and that sounds typical. They have to use de-humidifiers in the spin room and group exercise room because of the humidity in the gym. I have been in the spin class when there is condensation ¾ths the way up the mirrors due to 90% humidity. The air in the room is thick, stale and heavy and these ‘geniuses’ at 24 Hour Fitness refuse to do anything about it. I agree it is not safe to work out in those conditions. Don’t even get me started on the smell! I mean I know it is a gym and not a rose garden but seriously there is a limit that should be tolerated.