24 Hour Fitness / public health warning

1 8612 Santa Monica BlvdWest Hollywood, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 310-652-7440

Public health warning!

As of saturday january 3, 2009 the lavatory and shower facilities at the 24 fitness gym located at 8612 santa monica, west hollywood, ca do not have any soap for the patrons. I was informed by the staff that there would not be any soap available for the next two days! This poses a severe public health risk for those who use this gym. We are in the height of the cold and flue season and it is well documented that these types of illnesses can be transmitted by handling gym equipment. Further, the occurrence of skin bourn staff infections are prevalent in the population los angeles and west hollywood.

The lack of concern and problem solving skills by the staff and management of this facility is putting their membership and the population of our city at risk.

Warning: you are putting your health at risk by using this gym while these conditions exist!

Comments

• La
      4th of Nov, 2011

I am a long time member of club 501 here in San Leandro CA. Unfortunately, I'm dismembering myself from them due to lack of concern from the managemen staff regarding health issue. I saw a gentelman who had blood on the work out bench and just got up and walk away. The problem here is their chemical cleaning agent is so diluted with water that it is no longer a cleaning solution. Can you amazing walking home and feeling weak a few days later and then found out you have an incurable desease that you picked up from Blood Born?
    These gym or corporation are trying to save cost and doesn't care about the well being of the general populaion Be careful when working out...Especially FLU season is upon us