24 Hour Fitness / they steal your last month's fee
When you sign up they charge you your last month's fee upfront.
I cancelled my membership on 6/22/09. But on 6.26 they charged my credit card $89 on 6/26 for the month of July 2009.
When I called to tell them that I had pre-paid for the last month when I signed up for membership, they gave me some non-sensical explanation about how there was a 30-day cancellation policy and therefore I was not entitled to a refund. It's bad enough that they impose a 30-day cancellation policy, but this explanation made absolutely no sense. So basically, they made me pay twice for the month of July 2009, once when I signed up and again on 6/26. The guy I spoke with on the phone could not understand how this was unfair (either an idiot or a good actor).
I believe they do this thinking that people forget that they pay for their last month upfront and when they are caught them on it, they give you this 30-day notice explanation which makes no logical sense.
24 hour fitness is dishonest and I will never join them again!!!
More 24 Hour Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- 24 Hour Fitness - dues increase??? 
- 24 Hour Fitness - poor members treatment! 
- 24 Hour Fitness - fraud class action suit 
- 24 Hour Fitness - consumer fraud 
- 24 Hour Fitness - unprofessional behaviour! 
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - health hazard
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - kids club
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - gym maintenance 
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - harassment poor customer service
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - 24 hour ontario ss terrible manager mark johnson