24 Hour Fitness / an f for every reason! steer clear of these corporations!
I have been a member of 24hourfitness for several years. You may have noticed that they are the worst of a very bad lot. The old scam is to get you in and get as many up front fees from you as they can (their sales commission) and then hope you don't ever show up. They do many things to encourage this behavior. You will notice that they never encourage you to come, don't maintain the equipment very well, never seem to have the right type of equipment people want to use. I point out elliptical machines in particular. These cost more than many others. If everyone came to the gyms regularly and maintained their memberships these clubs would be overwhelmed with people. You wouldn't be able to move inside. It is indeed a sad but well known fact by these companies that most people do not attend more than the first few weeks if that. Few people have the self discipline to continue these programs without encouragement.
This is a really sad commentary on the industry, but also very true. I have observed it for years. That is why complaints are never responded to, and why the, "give a shxx", attitude is nearly always prevalent. My advice: Steer clear of these corporations. They are the rip off cousins to the weight loss people.
More 24 Hour Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- 24 Hour Fitness - dues increase??? 
- 24 Hour Fitness - poor members treatment! 
- 24 Hour Fitness - fraud class action suit 
- 24 Hour Fitness - consumer fraud 
- 24 Hour Fitness - unprofessional behaviour! 
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - training package
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - membership registration and hidden fees
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - saddle brook location very dirty
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - cleanliness/filthy
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - gym's cleanliness