2-10 Home Warranty / Save your self hours and hours of frustration and disappointment

1 10375 e harvard ave suite 100, Denver, CO, United States Review updated:

Failure to live up to contract and or professionally resolve dispute.

Dishwasher, broke - called company sent a subcontractor out.

Contractor said it was un repairable.

2-10 states that I not them have to go thru the kitchen-aide because kitchen aide has a lifetime warranty on this product. 2-10 said they will pay 200 USD towards labor cost. Kitchenaide said in no way is the product covered under warranty as I am not the original owner. ( I CONFIRM THIS AS TRUE! ). 2-10 then treats me like Im lying to them about this information, I encourage them to contact kitchen aide them self which they don't do. I once again contact kitchen aide and get them to email a denial letter, forward it to 2-10 home warranty still with no resolve in the mean time I can't even get rid of the broken dishwasher in the event that someone some day wants to repair it!. Horrible costumer service a complete and deliberate refusal to honor contract. Save your self hours and hours of frustration and disappointment.

Va
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Jr
      27th of Jun, 2013

My AC was not cooling so I called 2-10 home warranty they sent a contractor from Air Design to my home. The contractor stated my blower was bad so he repaired. A couple of months went by and my AC wasn't cooling so I called again to 2-10 warranty again, they sent out Air Design contractor the guy stated I needed Freon and he repaired a coil. My AC still didn't cool so I called 2-10 warranty again, and here comes Air Design contractor again this time they tell me I needed to replace the coil they claimed to have fixed. Air Design is a joke along with 2-10 warranty. 2-10 warranty is telling me my out of pocket cost is going to be $475.00, it breaks down like this: Disposal Fee =$50.00; Recovery Fee=$95.00; Duck Work Modification;$195.00; Drain Fee=$40.00; Clean condenser coil=$95.00. I am going to cancel 2-10 warranty as soon as my AC is fixed. This warranty company is the worst I've ever worked with and their contractor Air Design is horrible. I am going to contact Randy Travis and Clark Howard (advocates for consumers TV) Its time we expose 2-10 warranty and their cut-rate contractors to the public and possible put them out of business.
    My name is Janet in Jonesboro GA.

• Ci
      25th of Jul, 2013

Complaint Description:
    We obtained a homeowners warranty through this company when we purchased a new home. When the HVAC unit stopped working they refused to repair. We had owned our new home for 8 days when the HVAC unit (the AC) stopped working. We were very thankful that we had a home warranty and called right away for them to assist. They responded and attempted to send a company out to help with repairs. They agreed to send someone within a few days. 24 hours after filing our claim we discovered that water was leaking through the ceiling directly under where the AC unit was located. Within a few hours our ceiling had caved in. We had been in our new home for 9 days. We called the warranty company and they upgraded the call to "emergency status" and promised that someone would be in our home within 24 hours as we still had water coming down from the attic. No one came. I spoke with them many times over the course of the week but in the end it took them 8 days to have someone come out to look at the AC unit. Meanwhile, it had been over 90 degrees in our home. Finally, a servicing company came and diagnosed the problem. They told us that we needed a new motor and they would call the home warranty company to authorize the needed repairs. Within a few hours this home warranty company called to inform us that our claim was denied in its entirety. Apparently, we had a "pre-existing" condition with our AC unit. Since we had only owned the home for 8 days when the AC failure occurred then the must have been something wrong before we purchased the home... REALLY????? I'm sorry, but isn't the entire premise of a home warranty to cover your home because you have NO IDEA what may be wrong or how the previous owners maintained their appliances? We had a home inspection and nothing was discovered about the HVAC unit. It seems to me this home warranty company does not stand by what it promises, leaving a new home owner stuck with hundreds or thousands of bills. I thought I was protected by this "insurance". Clearly not. Very very disappointed.

19th of Aug, 2013

2-10. Is a scam. It started. With a plumbing issue.both. Bathrooms where backed up . And had low water pressure. So I put a claim. In with 2-10. .they sent out plumber you son was a pot head how do I Knw this he was high when the three days later. Than they. First told low water. Pressure was because. The city had a restrictor valve on the main line lie #1 he the so called plumber. Said I.had 22psi. Comeing in the house when in fact I had 45psi Becuse. The city came out and ck .so I called 2-10 back because. The three could not find the main drain. So after they of all the new landscaping .they said the had to go .so I. Called 2-10 again told them .what was going on . And. I paid the 100.$ which while talking to 2-10 the plumber took the ck. I hadn't. Flushed writing .he took off .while talking to 2-10 .so. I found the main drain .next day the plumber James. Says the would be there's first thing didn't show up until. 8:00 pm .wasted a another day to only have there son Christian .show up yes high. .had a little cut on is finger .he say he can't clean out my main drain after I had found it and had the cap off so. .all the had to do was run there's machinery. Christian then calls to tend to talk them out of doing it .so i wasted yet another day.called 2-10 yet a again. .so. James the dad call me because. I told him I was going to put a stop payment on the ck .he comes. out. runs his machine and was done in 15min. And gone in 25 min . Found some dry wall pieces. Laying around not wet.nothing.long story. Had another plumber come out fixed had to pay for it out of my pocket ...the problem was fixed .2-10 sucks the did nothing its about the ck out fee that wad it nice racket I'm call the and my congressman and or something maybe they can fix it. .they are scam where's vise squad at ...becarefull. Of 2-10 save your money. Bottom line...mark. Ohio.

• Di
      20th of Dec, 2013

2-10 is the most worthless thing to have on a property ever. Paid $70 for some dufus to come out and look at my microwave-oven combination. Tells me magnato and diode are broken, can't find the part number as the mfg label had worn away due to cleaning. Lousy company gives me $250 to replace a SS microwave and oven combination. Taking them to small claims court along with my realtor for using them.

• 21
      23rd of Apr, 2014

2-10 is the worthless and they have no idea what they are doing other than fleecing. Got bummed twice with me having to pay the initial changes to the contractor who came in and they did not do anything. I had to get it repaired through another contractor. Very horrible customer service too. Would definitely advise against using them

• Ji
      29th of Jan, 2009

I agree 100%. 2-10 is a lousy company to work with. I look at the contract that I had with them as a complete waste of money. The only thing that I can say positive about it is that it is over. One thing that I did find when I was fighting with them was a good set of things to check to keep them from denying the claim. At least it take a few issues off the table. Form was at http://homeshieldscam.com/2009/01/top-10-reasons-that-your-home-warranty-company-denies-your-claims/. This site also had a good set of info on 2-10. (http://homeshieldscam.com/2009/01/2-10-home-warranty/)

• Ti
      5th of May, 2009

All you need to do is read the following clause in the standard 2-10 home warranty to know you have purchased a worthless warranty:

is specified as “covered” under Eligible Equipment. If a system or item is not specified
    as “covered, ” then it is not eligible for service;

The entire 2-10 home warranty contract is on a single piece of paper. How many parts do you think the average appliance contains? Get the picture? Their out is always "we don't list that part in the warranty so it is not covered."

Case in point. Springs on my built-in microwave broke and door came crashing down. Springs (and related labor which was more than parts) not covered as they were not listed. If the handle broke? Not covered. If the broke? Not covered.

Worthless warranty.

• Tr
      17th of Jun, 2009

Just had my first experience with the 2-10 home warranty company. DO NOT BUY. It is very misleading. They do not hold up to their end of the warranty. When we closed on our home we were told to purchase the extra 100.00 upgrade which would include our hottub. Needless to say that when we tried to file the claim we were told it was not covered. We should have paid more to have it covered. You can't file a claim within the first 30 days, but you have to add extra coverage before the end of 30 days. It is only $50.00 more than we had paid. But 2-10 would not allow the extra coverage or the repair. Also would not refund the $100.00 back that we paid for the spa coverage. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM IT IS A SCAM TO GET YOUR MONEY. CHECK AROUND FOR OTHER POLICIES.

• Ri
      22nd of Jul, 2009

purchase home with 2-10 warranty, 2 weeks after closing water heater tanks leaks put in claim with 2-10 they gave me phone numbers of 2 contractors 1 returned call too busy couldnt' help.second didnt' called back, installed water heater myself wounldnt' pay me for price of water heater.this company nothing but a dam thief ...

• Ru
      7th of Oct, 2009

Horrible customer service. Made me wait 4 months to get my dishwasher repaired… sent the same bad repairman twice. After he couldn’t fix it, they said, and I am literally quoting, that “You must have broken it on purpose. We won’t cover it”. We then spent the day convincing them to send out someone for a second opinion, which they only promised to do after making us promise we would pay a VERY high fee if the second guy said we abused the dishwasher. When the second guy fixed the dishwasher and said we were not at fault, they said “We can’t prove that” and would not apologize. I’m in my 30s and have been around the block with customer service people, and this is the worst I’ve ever seen. DO NOT USE.

• De
      6th of Dec, 2009

"Worthless" is not sufficient to describe 2-10 Home Warranty Company's product. Though the plumbing section of the contract says the warranty covers clearing of stoppages, the customer service rep said coverage only applies to equipment located within the perimeter of the home's main foundation. Since when is backed up sewage considered "equipment"? The rep's response was that she'd set up a service call--and charge me $65--but I'd still be liable for the cost any services if the plumber diagnosed the problem to have occurred outside the perimeter of the house. It seemed unlikely that any plumber employed by 2-10 would find the clog in covered territory, so I'm renting an electric eel for $45 and clearing the back-up myself. Colleagues at work who have similar horror stories warned me the company specializes in weasel-wording, but the first year of "coverage" came with the house I bought; and I renewed the policy without giving it much thought. What an expensive mistake that turned out to be! A warranty from this company is worth about as much as the stuff that's backing up my plumbing.

• Su
      15th of Dec, 2009

We have been trying to get our foundation repaired for 8 months through our builder and 2 - 10.
    The damage hasquatrupled since we first filed our claim. After 6 months, 2 -10 still has no plan of repair. Every plan they have came from us or the builder. We are a duplex situation. Now the adjoining homeowner has filed a claim about his foundations. 2-10 is telling us it will be an additional 45 - 60 days to get a plan of repair.
    Our builder will not honor his 1 year warranty. All this started during our first year in the home.
    2 - 10 is a joke and I agree they are rude and acuse you of things you didnt say.
    We have ask for them to follow up every phone conversation with an email.
    They like to have telephone conversations, then they can say whatever they want.
    If you deal with them, be sure to keep a paper trail for your records.

• Di
      7th of Jan, 2010

I've used 2-10 Home warrenty on several occasions. I have never had a problem. I've always had good competent contractors. Naturally, the work received will reflect the skill of the contractor.

• Dl
      19th of Jan, 2010

Our microwave/oven combination staarted having problems this past November. The repairman has been out 3 times and things got worse each time. After 6 weeks they said they would have to replace the unit and would take 7 to 10 days to have the new one delivered and they would call in several days to let me know when it would be delivered and who would install it. Didn't hear anything back, so I called yesterday and they told me it would be another 7 weeks before it would be delivered. It is no way you can replace the unit with the cash out check they offer, so they have you!!! Customer service has been no help. Don't waste your money on them.

22nd of Mar, 2010

2-1- WARRANTY IS A DIFFICULT COMPANY TO WORK WITH. THEIR LIST OF CONTRACTORS IS SO MINIMAL THAT EVEN FINDING SOMEONE TO DO A REPAIR IS SO DIFFICULT. I WAS OUT OF TOWN LAST YEAR WHEN I HAD SOME DIFFICULTY WITH MY AIR CONDITIONER. I CALLED THE COMPANY AT LEAST 5 TIMES AND THEY COULD NOT FIND ANYONE THAT WOULD SCHEDULE A REPAIR.

I FINALLY, WITH TEMPERATURES SOARING, PAID OUT OF POCKET A VERY EXPENSIVE REPAIR AND THEY WOULD NOT REIMBURSE ME. THEY STATED THAT I HAD NOT USED ONE OF THEIR CONTRACTORS.

I WILL NOT RENEW!!

• Co
      11th of Nov, 2010

I purchased the 2-10 warranty and found it worthless. I had a pipe leaking an assanine amount of water under my sink. My home was built in 2008, I figured it would be no problem to file a claim. After I filed it and the contractor came out, the pipe issue was not covered. The contractor stated that it would $150 to repair in addition to the $50 deductible.. I paid neither and told 2-10 to go screw themselves.
    I had a local handly man fix it for $60. The part cost me $4!!! NEVER AGAIN. I am looking for another warranty company though. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• 10
      13th of Jul, 2010

I'm looking for a home warranty company. After reading the above listed complaints, I am not going to use 2-10. Loks like First American Home Protection is good. They list what is covered and not covered. I know some folks who used them and had no problems with repairs. You do pay about 150.00 dollars more per year, but you are covered.

• Ga
      6th of Sep, 2010

I resently filed a claim with 2-10 for what I thought was a roof leak. Turns out it was a frozen HVAC line due to low refrigerant. When the contractor finally arrived he informed me that he would have to go through 2-10 to order the part since it "should" be covered under the warrenty. He also informed me that this company tends to "drag their feet" on repairs and I should call them and attempt to have them expedite the part, since I have a 3 year old daughter who has asthma and the 90+ degree heat here in the southeast doesn't help it. Upon calling 2-10 back and explaining the situation, the operator informed me that she would notate the claim and have it expidited. Once the contractor filed his part of the claim, 2-10 DENIED the claim and stated that the problem with the freon leak had to be a "pre-existing" problem" and that there was nothing that they could do to help us.

This company is horrible and is a fraud. I would NOT recommend their services to my worst enemy. $900 later I have my AC unit fixed and working, no thanks to what I thought was reputable warrenty.

• Se
      27th of Jul, 2011

First of all, don't use them. They are scam.

I tried twice to use them,

1. Early Feb, the heater was broken. Called them. They basically said if you still had emergency heat then please wait they would send help. I could not risk my 6 month old boy and didn’t want to pay high electricity bill. And I also had the plan to replace the heater. So eventually I called a HVAC guy and got a new unit. Their help never showed up. That month I paid high electricity bill.
    2. Last week, my garage door broken.It is the motor broken first, the chain lost support so the door dropped suddenly. The force was too big, it dragged out the plywood in the wall. So the home warranty used this as excuse. Says it is the wood, not the motor, they don't cover wood. Sort of like, the door hit the concrete floor and damage the concrete floor, they would say it is the concrete floor not the door. Ridiculous! I still used their contract to fix it and paid more than I need. Because I don't want to take another day off and no matter what I had to pay them $100 trade fee. Nice catch.

When I sat back and thought about this company, they only charged $419 to warranty my 30 year old house, covering all appliances, roofing, pluming etc for a whole year. This is too good to be true. So it is not true. I wrote this just want people to be aware this company is a joke if it is not a scam.

• Ti
      24th of May, 2011

2-10 Home Warranty Company is a complete scam. Trust me I know. I have an insider that told me. They pay the realtors to use them. They open work orders but on follow through on a select few to keep them out of legal issues. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. TIM