123Inkjets / bad service

1 United States

In the past, I ordered from this company and always found the experience to be at least adequate (god prices, responsive customer car, etc.)

However, on this last set of orders all the merchant's correspondence is coming from a new domain name (certifiedink.com), and email headers identify another entity (corp.valueclick.com) which I had never seen associated with the company before. The experience current experience was unpleasant and unsuccessful.

I placed a large order for various ink cartridges, and every item ordered was claimed to be in stock at teh time the order was placed.

The following day, an email was sent to me including the following text:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to fullfil your order (#2584614) at this time.
Due to heavy demand, some of the items on your order are currently not available. As soon as we receive your items (probably within the next 10 days), we will ship your order and you will receive email notification of the shipment."

The vagueness (both of about items and timing) were disconcerting. I immediately wnet to the website to check the status of the order. The entire order was blocked as "backordered", but there was no item-by-item breakdown of what was in or out of stock.

I then opened anoter browser session and checked each SKU that was in my "backordered" order. Each and every item was listed as "In stock" and available to be added to the cart in that other browser process.

After this, I used the form specifically provided on their website for order inquiries to ask specifically which items were in sotck and which were backordered, and if a partial shipment could be made or if the order could be broken into mltiple orders in the interest of getting osme concrete answer.

I received the following stock response, quoted in its entirety:

"On Mar 04 2008 3:02:57 pm, a member of our Customer Service Department wrote: Thank you for your inquiry, we apologize for any inconvenience. Please call us so we can handle this situation quickly and efficiently. Customer service can be reached toll free at [protected], Monday through Friday, 6am-6pm PST. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you Customer Support Team"

Obviously the written inquiry I had placed using their form hadn't even been read, and the wording is vague enough that it would be difficult to establish that it was ever looked at by an employee rather than simply having a stock response bounce from a bot. Never had anythign like this happeend in my previous orders with te company.

I have (again using 123inkjet's web support system pput in a written request for my order to be cnacelled in its entirety and for written confirmation of this to be given. I am still awaiting response.

Ga