College Pro PaintersIncompetent idiots

College Pro is a nightmare. They try and make you think that their "strategy" is spraying primer and then scraping so that they can see the flaked paint- idiotic. They don't show up, and I hired my previous guy to help out along side and I learned that the CP workers walked off the job. But the manager called me and told me that he has taken them off the job for a week so he can get more guys to help -ridiculous. Meantime the painters gave my guy their phone number to hire them behind College Pros back! I have no idea when this will end or what to do - the house is half primed and I have no confidence in them finishing without doing damage.

Nordstroms Aug 10, 2008

My experience with College Pro...
    My contract states that they will do a full scrape to remove all loose and peeling paint, prime all bare wood, replace any missing and damaged caulk.

What I got was the manager and his helper changed my paint colors and changed the paint finish without telling me!! Can you believe that! I caught them with the house paint color ready to be rolled on.

They did not scape all loose paint(which I pointed out twice before), some areas had not been scraped at all! They had no primer with them and no primer was applied to my house. How can they be ready to paint??

I wish they hadn't caulked anything. The caulk was applied next to the gap and not smoothed out. So now I have several lines of caulk next to the gaps.

I caught the manger in a few lies. I asked him if the paint color was colored matched. He said yes. I had previously called the paint store and their color matching machine was broken. The paint could not have been colored matched. He also couldn't tell me if he bought my porch floor paint, if it was the color of the paint chip I gave him, where he bought it, or if he had it with him.

I complained to the company and was told the manager would call me within 24 to 48 hours. You guessed it. No call.

• Sc
    Scott Shay Mar 04, 2010

If this actually happened word for word, I am appalled. I hope you didn't sign off on the contract stating that you were satisfied with the work as well as handing over the full payment.
    I have heard horror stories of incompetent managers and their customers. It is hard to believe that someone can mess up something as easy as a paint job. I can tell you that even though your experience was terrible, our national average is %95 customer satisfaction. My franchise (2 yrs so far) has operated in 2 different states and I have achieved %100 on the 74 projects completed. There were some bumps along the road, but College Pro teaches delivering what you promise and part of that promise is a Sign off and Rating. I don't take payment or allow the customer to sign off on the work complete form unless they are completely satisfied.
    You can fix almost any problem regarding a paint job, all it takes is constant communication and proper expectations set up front.

• Je
    jessiew Mar 09, 2010

is this college pro company only in US or is it in Canada as well?

• Te
    Terrance Knight Apr 19, 2010

another bullcrap manager trying make the bullcrap of a company look good!!! lol college pro sucks. PERIOD!!!

Jake-JvlWI Apr 27, 2011

"something as easy as a paint job" wow I can tell that youve never been a professional painter much less ever painted in your life. I dont know about you but I don't think I'd want a bunch of fresh unexperienced college kids handleing something as complicated as painting my house. Also as a professional painter I find it funny that you hear nothing about college pro ever pressure washing before painting, sounds like a shotty scheme to screw people over.