Having problems with CNN?

CNN reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 17, 2008. The latest review Kaitlan Collins was posted on Jun 17, 2021. The latest complaint cnn presents: mysrery of jesus the man was resolved on Dec 25, 2013. CNN has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 134 reviews. CNN has resolved 11 complaints.

CNN Customer Service Contacts

One CNN Center
Atlanta, Georgia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CNN Customer Service. Initial CNN complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CNN above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CNN. Discuss the issues you have had with CNN and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CNN Complaints & Reviews

Cable News Network / CNNintentionally distorting and slanting news and flat out lying

In online piece 12/08/17 08:06 AM ET by Lydia Depillis "Most Americans aren't benefiting from the stock market boom" MS Depillis title has no basis in fact and she intentionally obscures information from readers in attempt to conceal that her title is a lie. Fact is 54 to 55% of Americans are invested in the stock market thus more than half of All Americans benefit from stock market boom directly . The gist of MS Depillis 's misinformation is to convince readers only a small amount of wealthy people benefit from stock market which I have shown to be a lie. A complaint will be filed with the FCC for intentionally distorting news

Cable News Network / CNNnews content

CNN used to be my go to station for every kind of current news stories. However I can no longer tolerate the 24/7, 365 coverage of politics. There are so many other important things going on in the world that are ignored by CNN while you sit and wait for the next political piece of drama to regurgitate day in and day out. I have since changed to a station that reports stories that are important to everyone, not just those who want to hear about politics all day and night. I do think that you should have made a public announcement that you are no longer a diverse news outlet, but a 24 hour political news station.

CNN Breaking Newsunethical behaviour

Now you said it, Charles Manson -The Mastermind" is dead.
      What do you mean by calling this monstrous creature a "Mastermind"? Is this the only description you give the public about a human beast that slayed Sharon Tate who was pregnant and ripped the child out of her womb? Is this the title you give to a monster?!! Do you have enough information about what happened then?!! Do you have any respect for the relatives?!! Who on earth cares about this monster's death?!! Is it important for anyone to know if it is dead or alive? It is more than disgusting to see this creature's face in the news...I advise you to apologise to the relatives and immediately take out the information from your news. Shame, shame, shame on CNN.

• Po
          pobarjenkins Nov 20, 2017

It definitely isn't only CNN reporting on this. Almost every news station is. Also I think they are referring to him as the mastermind behind the crimes, as while he did not commit them directly, he did direct others to.

"Who on earth cares about this monster's death?!!"
          I think the relatives of the victims probably care very much. I have no relation to the case so I can't say for sure, and unless you have relation to the case, you can't say for sure either. Change the channel if it bothers you.

• Am
          Amparito Nov 23, 2017

@pobarjenkins Hi, of course it is understood that the relatives care!! That's what the message was about...I advised CNN to apologise to the relatives...Besides, there are no masterminds of slaying, they are slayers and that's it. How would you know he didn't commit the crime? He was there, inside the house with his crew of helter-skelters.

• Po
          pobarjenkins Nov 24, 2017

@Amparito I still don't see why CNN should apologize for it though, especially when the majority of news channels are reporting on it. Should they all apologize? It's a significant event in history, and honestly I'm sure some of the relatives might be happy to hear the news.

Mastermind simply means that he was the planner and directed the event. You are correct however that I don't know for sure about the crime. I thought I read somewhere that he was not at the location at the time, but I could be wrong and I apologize if I am.

Cable News Network / CNNworst news agency

it should have shut down many years ago. The news they publish seems to be fake and ridiculous. Someone has to stop it.
        I really think that people should avoid reading the information you provide. It's horrible. Those sensations who no one needs, provocative news full of lies...
        I'm worried for people who read this crap and believe it. It's a huge brainwashing machine!!!

• Pl
            Plaeboy 20680 Oct 12, 2018

Didn't know we were back to calling names like "negroe who doesnt read" or "trade kanye in a draft" tones of slavery from Don Lemon the race hustler
            and his guests. Sickening display in front of the world to see. Do better! You have lost most of America cause of obvious bias. Only tune in to see what your pushing and then ill look into which ever topic you are pushing us away from.

Cable News Network / CNNnews and talk shows

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I live in the UK but am very interested in the U.S because I have many relatives living there. I am constantly having to switch from your News Channel because of the very divisive and vitriolic content of what's on offer. You sound much more like a Propaganda Channel than a news channel.
          Even though there is a huge FEMA response in Puerto Rica, you never reported a single item that I saw showing FEMA working on the ground.

You never show any awareness of the extreme pressure on President and his cabinet but are unrelenting in caustic destructive negative criticism and in finding ways to mortally undermine. In my view the office of Presidency should be shown due deference and respect not insubordination. Of course there should be constructive comment and criticism but not the diatribes of acid conversation indulged in by CNN talk shows which are utterly destructive. If I was a FEMA worker giving my all to help in a third disaster in quick succession I wouldn't watch CNN news coverage for recognition. I have lived through a devastating storm where many people were affected and I know that to expect instant quick fixes is CNN la-la land not real life. It needs calm painstaking laborious systematic responses and help to be there for the long haul. Stop using disasters to fuel your propaganda. It makes me switch off because I fear you don't really care for victims at all.

Yours sincerely

M. Browne

Cable News Network / CNN — fake news

What kind of news is this when instead of news you hear their opinions, that's not interesting to anyone? Too...

Abbeville

CNNlottery

There someone who is using the CNN name to scam people. They sent me a gmail saying that I won rhe Nigeria lotto that I need to send then a tenth of the winnings to collect. I was wanting to contact you to let your company know about it. And maybe warn people about it. They are trying to get $654 from me. Please check on it. I live in Rock Hill SOUTH CAROLINA USA. Thank you

Cable News Network / CNNchris cuomo

His bias has been over the line for a long time, but labeling me as 'overprotective' of my daughter is the end. His ideology has skewed his thinking to the point what is coming out of his mouth is idiotic, intolerant and insulting. He complains about Trump being on Twitter and he goes and says something like this. Is Cuomo hoping to pick up the Nambla endorsement for a political run?

Cable News Network / CNNcnn contributors

I wish to complain about two of your paid contributors. Rick Santorum is on video calling President Obama a government nig-----when he stopped midsentence. We can all guess what nig----- mean't. Also, Sheriff Paul Babeu you have had on talking about border law and security. Here in Arizona he had a male illegal lover from Mexico, and is on tape threatening to deport the illegal if he made their love affair public knowledge. His credibility on border issues is worthless IMO. If you vetted either of these contributors, then you mad a poor decision to have Santorum comment on race and Babeu to give commentary on illegals

Cable News Network / CNNcnn's dishonesty

Your reporter asked President Trump today if calling CNN fake news is not corroding the confidence that people have in the news (or something along that line). You bet it is, because your organization's constant attacks, hatred, and dishonesty has by itself lost the trust of the people, including me, who used to regularly watch you. Your company is so far in the tank for liberal progressives and so much against the other Americans it is disgusting. Your reporting and that of other networks is what is whipping liberal progressives into a violent frenzy. I assume it is for ratings because it is not responsible news reporting when you run violence and hatred all day long. There is a huge block of America that are not like that, and you fail to report on them at all, because it does not produce ratings. You cannot seem to see the forest through the trees. You've lost credibility. I'm sure you do know when you report that Trump lost the popular vote to Hillary, it is because most of those votes are out of the liberal progressive state of California. I'd love to watch CNN again, but not until you get some balance back into your reporting, instead of leading (instead of reporting about) a culture war.

CNN — van jones - cnn news commentator

The comments of Van Jones last night after the Donald Trump victory were extremely OFFENSIVE!!! He call thi...

CNNcnn.com

For the past 7 years, I have been reading the news on Cnn.com, every day, if not more than once a day.

I'm writing to tell you goodbye. I am disgusted with the one-sided reporting coverage of the race for president. Your reporters attack the GOP nominee in every pathetic opportunity they can think of.

"Melania Trump wants to stop cyber-bullying, but she doesn't acknowlege that her husband is a cyber-bully."

Pathetic, and childish. I'm sure I'm not the only person who is done with you either. Say goodbye to a HUGE portion of your audience, because people like me are permanently changing the channel.

• Dr
                        Dr. Z Jun 10, 2017

Your news coverage has become truly worse than high school journalism with Gloria B. and Dana B. and those shrill voiced idiotic reporters. But what show do you cut? Saturday after Saturday you axe-- your only own great, intelligent voice -- Smerconish. Saturday after Saturday, your lightweights manage to declare faux Breaking News at both morning and afternoon program times to render him toast. How can you let these nobodies do this? My husband, an M.D. and I, a West Coast writer believe he's the only worthwhile CNN news person worth tuning into. Wolf has become tired; Jay Tapper is meh!; Anderson Cooper, when you scratch his shiny surface, isn't really that bright. Poppy Harlow is an egomaniac. Either give Michael Smerconish a better time slot, or we're done with you. MSNBC is more relevant for these complex times. Sincerely, Dr. & Mrs. Z. California.

• Dr
                        Dr. Z Jun 10, 2017

Your news coverage has become truly worse than high school journalism with Gloria B. and Dana B. and those shrill voiced idiotic reporters. But what show do you cut? Saturday after Saturday you axe-- your only own great, intelligent voice -- Smerconish. Saturday after Saturday, your lightweights manage to declare faux Breaking News at both morning and afternoon program times to render him toast. How can you let these nobodies do this? My husband, an M.D. and I, a West Coast writer believe he's the only worthwhile CNN news person worth tuning into. Wolf has become tired; Jay Tapper is meh!; Anderson Cooper when you scratch his shiny surface isn't really that bright. Poppy Harlow is an egomaniac. Either give Michael Smerconish a better time slot, or we're done with you. MSNBC is more relevant for these complex times. Sincerely, Dr. & Mrs. Z. California.

CNNdon't watch cnn!

I used to watch CNN in the past. It was great and very informative. But things changed and there's not much left from the good old CNN. Now there's noting but lies, they sold themselves. CNN is very dishonest, they are corrupt and will do everything for money!
                      I don't want to watch this channel anymore and all the people I know say the same thing! CNN now is nothing but propaganda!

CNNpolls

As a student of statistics during my former university years, I find it extremely misleading of CNN not to disclose the number of people who are questioned on any given poll. To the uninitiated and the average American watching your news programs, it would seem that a huge majority of republicans or democrats or whoever the case may be, have participated in those polls. We who are more aware, know that perhaps 500 people or maybe even 5000 people may have participated and an explanation should be provided by CNN. The point is that your viewers should be allowed to have that information in order to make more informed decisions. I notice that almost always MSNBC does disclose the number of participants when they report the poll numbers. I believe CNN should be more honest with their viewers.

CNNcnn, wolf blitzer, and 15 december and previous 2015 republican debates

Most all the questions from the CNN panel, and from "journalists" at previous Republican debates as well, seemed to be designed to have one or more candidates pick a fight with or pile on other candidates. If during their answers to substantive questions such as those listed below, the debate participants want to pick a fight with one another, let them initiate it. Is that really your job as journalists to incite such behaviour? To their discredit, most of the candidates took the bait. There were hardly any questions like these, for example: What is your plan to deal with (name of issue)? How important is that (issue) to you, to the country? What resources should be brought to bear to fix or lessen this problem? How would you propose to pay for this? What experience do you have, or how do you propose, to bring together highly partisan and fractious parties to solve problems? Give us a list of the top 5 or 10 problems facing America. You did not list "XYZ" problem in your list. How big of a problem do you think that issue is? Where would you place it on a list of challenges America faces? Another exercise for the candidates could have been: "Here is a list of problems that are listed by various groups and prominent persons that face this country. During the upcoming commercial break, you will have 2-3 minutes to organize them in their order of importance to you. Then we will ask each of you how you would deal with your top 3 or 5 or whatever. I am confident that, if they try, journalists including you can come up with even more informative and elucidating questions than these to help the American people learn what they need to know about the candidates. Sincerely, Tom PS - I have included below a message sent to Hugh Hewitt about his ridiculous question to Ben Carson ----------------------------------------- To: [protected]@hughhewitt.com Subject: Your Republican Debate Question to Carson on 15 December Seriously?!?!?!? You asked a PEDIATRIC neurosurgeon whether he would have trouble bombing civilians INCLUDING children to protect America. Here's a man who has made clear his position on the general topic of national security AND has saved/improved the lives of many, many children and their families. As I believe this is how he really feels, I wish he had taken a few step towards you on the stage, and looking directly into your eyes, then said, "Sir, I have dedicated my life to saving children's lives so they would have a chance for a better future. As someone who has lived the American Dream myself, if you or anyone thinks I will not do everything necessary to keep Americans safe, especially our children who represent the future of the most exceptional country in history, you and they are sadly mistaken." Mr Hewitt, your question seemed to have come from a leftist mindset, designed for ratings, while attempting to make someone uncomfortable, but in fact it was as ill-conceived as it was fatuous. I hope you heard him later on Hannity where he explained the analytical technique he uses before making important decisions. Perhaps you can use your "considerable" influence to get the Democratic candidates to answer the same question. Hopefully your role in any future debates will be relegated back to the one you had at the MSNBC debate debacle - token Republican questioner. Disgusted and disappointed, Tom

CNNfollowing democratic debates failure to include climate issue

Does the CNN have a problem reporting Global Warming as a critical issue? The three top Democratic candidates for President all included CLIMATE CONTROL as a major issue. They did not skirt the issue or insulate this issue in scientific jargon; Bernie Sanders, Hilary Clinton and Martin O'Malley consider it important for the American public to recognize this issue. That was clear during CNN's Democratic Debate (13Oct2015). Subsequently today, why does the CNN fail to report Democratic acknowledgement of this issue, in contrast to Republican candidates, of CLIMATE Change and Global Warming in CNN's sound bites today? While I respect Anderson Cooper's leadership during the Democratic Debate, the CNN 'talking heads' that followed failed to call attention to contrast between candidates' position on Climate. Best regards, Jewel A. Lee former contractor supporting NOAA's research on Climate Change and pending horrific outcomes

CNN — cnn presents: mysrery of jesus the man

Wow the CNN Jewish Propaganda Machine is in full force tonight in their show "CNN Presents: Mystery of Jesu...

CNNmorning programming

CNN early morning programming is now the worst in the the business. I'm speaking on Zoraida Sambolin's & Ashleigh Banfield's show. My complaint is really against Zoraida Sambolin more so than Ms. Banfield. Ms. Sambolin is way over her head! Her present & words are a new low. She is far from neutral in her comments; has little creditability in her opinions and needs to show some professionalism.

CNN had a reasonable early morning show in the recent past but for unknown reasons, they have replaced good hosts with poorer ones. (Sorry Ms. Banfield, but 'low tides sink all ships' and i fell badly that I'm painting you with the same brush).

CNN, please do better in the future.

• Cl
                                  climate May 10, 2018

Erwin Burnett needs to be replaced. She is the most biased of all the CNN reporters when it comes to President Trump. I can not stand her attitude and she need to go the sooner the better.

• EducatorCA Mar 15, 2012

Anthony, when I look at this site that generates weekly thousands of complaints that are not going nowhere, I think: what a world we live in! The world that is ruled by scammers and frauds. Regular ordinary people can only voice their complaints and be read by their peers at this site. The scammers and frauds continue prosper. And bad presenters, that you mentioned in your complaint.
                                  It is a sad site! The sad mirror of the modern world.
                                  I do not recommend peope to come here if they want to cheer up.
                                  Well, Anthony, I invite you to my group, since I am writing to you.
                                  My Group is People Against 1and1, but since I do not see people (who were hurt by the company) hurry to unite, I think my group will be flexible and represent the struggle against all kinds of injustice, or wrongdoing.

England CNN World News Mobile Promotion — farud or fake company

Respected sir, i am chandan singh from india. I have recived sms on 11 / 09 / 2011 congrats my mobile no: -...

CNN World News Mobile Promo — lottery scam

Sir my name is suman I got an sms that i had got some money & to get the amount mail to an id given. I had...