Cleary Building Corp.Install Date Keeps Getting Bumped Back

C

I am one of the unfortunate ones who signed a contract (August 13th of last year) with Cleary without researching them because I liked the salesman compared to the others. Since then, the salesman is gone and another from another state is trying to manage both areas. I gave them $12, 929.00 down payment. The materials were delivered 2 weeks ago and they required another payment of $28, 761.00 upon material delivery which I complied. They were supposed to start a few weeks ago and then again tomorrow (6/8/2016)but with the lack of communication from Cleary (I have to initiate all conversations) They have bumped me again. I wouldn't have known if I hadn't called them this morning. The salesman was going to get back with me today or have a field rep contact me. So far, NOTHING. They are very quick to demand payments but seem to careless about communication or commitments on scheduling or the fact that they have taken all the excitement out of the project. They have $41, 690.00 of mine and I have a pile of lumber in my way and plumbers, electricians and concrete contractors being bumped as well. However, I have been communicating with them. The only resolution for me is to have a crew on site erecting the building. Unfortunately, they have me by the jewels, but I will go out of my way to warn others. Tomorrow I will be filing a formal complaint with the Iowa Attorney General.

• Cleary Building Jun 16, 2016

My name is Joey Loftsgard, and I am a Region Manager for Cleary Building Corp. I personally made contact w/the client immediately Friday morning once the complaint came across my desk. The delays in the start of his building were communicated to Mr. Biffar. I gave Mr. Biffar a timeframe of the Cleary crew being on site, which was at the end of the week. I then tried contacting Mr. Biffar on Monday morning as promised, did not reach him, but left a voicemail confirming the crew would be on site at week’s end, once they completed their current project on the schedule. I made contact with Mr. Biffar via phone on Tuesday to again confirm the game plan. Since then, myself and the local Branch Manager have been in daily contact with Mr. Biffar on the status of the crew being on site. Myself and the Branch Manager will be on site once this building starts, and throughout the process to completion. We will do everything in our power to exceed his expectations moving forward with this project.

• Da
    DavidRoth Jul 11, 2016

My pole barn was scheduled to be built about late October 2015. It was started in middle of December. The carpenter made one of the garage doors approximately 1 foot too small. This couldn't be repaired until spring along with the two holes in roof. However the crew that came to repair door in May didn't have the trim to complete the job. I have been getting run around about when it will arrive since. It is now the middle of July and my pole barn still isn't done.