Chia's Petsick puppy

S

I bought a shorkie puppy for 850 plus 250 for shipping and he had a respiratory infection and green discharge from both of his eyes, requiring three weeks of antibiotics!

• Am
    Amy Lovering Nov 26, 2017

I purchased a chihuahua from this breeder after checking one two other customers I found online. Both customers gave her good reviews. Sadly, i cannot say the same. My puppy became very ill with Parvo two days after bringing him home. He recovered, thanks to my ability to realize his illness quickly but he was not a healthy pup for a while. He was also VERY timid - granted, some pups simply are timid and others are outgoing - but this little guy acted as though someone had beaten him every time I moved. I have worked with him for the past 9 months and he is now a very happy guy. I would not go so far as to accuse this breeder of animal abuse but timidity on that scale tells me these dogs are not well socialized.
    Getting her to respond to emails (she told me she would send weekly updates - never happened, despite repeated requests for photos and/or video and news of his progress. Once you've paid your deposit, you don't hear from her. When I drove through 3 states to pick my little guy up, she had her husband meet me at a gas station. Being a hobby breeder myself, I am very careful about who I let in and around my young puppies, but she didn't even bother to come herself.
    The other issue I had was the conformation of her dogs - TERRIBLE. These are NOT well-bred dogs. They do not even remotely conform to AKC standard. I was sold what was supposed to be a blue chihuahua (from the pictures and the ad he appeared to be somewhat blue) but upon arriving to pick him up, he was not even remotely blue. He has a poor coat, bad conformation and his color is not what I paid for. She does not even keep in touch with her adopters (at least she has never shown the slightest inclination to reach out to see how he's doing). I touch base with ALL my adopters for the first several months and then once every few months after just to make sure all is well and they don't have any questions. She provides NO support.
    Thankfully, I have worked with dogs for over 30 years and have a good rapport; my little guy has come out of his shell, isn't afraid he's going to be hit every moment and is now a healthy, happy puppy (just not a very good looking one).
    Stay away from this breeder. Poor quality, poor customer service, poor all the way around.

• Ke
    Kellywow Oct 18, 2010

Beautiful puppies, horrible owner attitude. She offered me days to pick up the puppy and since I live 5 hours away, I chose a later day and she retorted that she wasn't in the puppy boarding business...so why offer me a day that's a problem for you?? Even after picking up the puppy, she was nice for about 5 minutes before we got the "be along on your way" attitude...maybe I had some more questions...

CHLOE N CHARLIE Aug 27, 2010

I have bought from chias Pet twice and going for a third shorkie in Sept 10. My puppies have been healthy and growing great. The owners of Chias Pet work well with us answer any and all of my emails. I not only got great puppies… I also have a great breeder to recommend to my friends and family.

Liz
    Freehold, NJ

• Be
    Betsy30327 Jun 30, 2009

Please watch your Shorkie carefully for the diseases I mentioned. My Shorkie also arrived with an eye infection.

• Be
    Betsy30327 Jun 30, 2009

I bought a Shorkie from the same breeder. She is less than a year old and had been diagnosed with a heart murmur and a serious medial luxating patella. Both knees will have to have surgery later in life. Old age will not be pleasant for her. She is limping and in pain. I emailed the breeder and she did not respond. So sad.