central loan administration and reportingMortgage

My mortgage was sold within first month to Cenlar. My first payment due on 6/1 was sent before this to former lender. My check was cashed (as shown on my bank stmt) on May 19th. Previous lender sent a check to Cenlar (TWICE). Cenlar claims to not have check from former lender – even though they have been provided a tracking slip showing it WAS delivered on June 6th. I AND my former lender have been in almost daily contact with Cenlar trying to find check and resolve the issue. Former lender finally decided to refund me and I would send an entirely new payment to Cenlar. In the meantime I am receiving harassing phone calls and now AN ILLEGAL LATE FEE HAS BEEN APPLIED TO MY ACCOUNT. I suspect something underhanded is going on with this company. Whether it’s trying to defraud people by “losing” checks and getting late fees, delaying application of payments received so that additional interest can accrue, or something else, I am not sure. But certainly something is wrong with the way this company is doing business…and from my research it seems I am not the only one this has happened to. I CANNOT get anyone at the company to take care of the matter, meanwhile I also cannot make my July payment until the June one (that I have resubmitted) is applied and the late fee is removed. This company NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED!!!

More central loan administration and reporting Complaints & Reviews