Caribbean Cruise LinesMoney Hungry Aggressive Sales Reps

D

I waited a long time to take a cruse. Three years ago, my hubby and I finally got the opportunity to do so. The rest of this situation can only be chalked up to stupity. I got an email for a free cruise to the Bahamas from a new cruise line called Caribbean Cruise Lines. Please do NOT confuse this with the reputable Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. Caribbean Cruise Lines has suckered Carmen Electra into being a spokesperson for them. Poor girl, hope she comes to her senses. Anyhow, I replied to this email just to see what was entailed. First off, numbers are computer generated and dialed several times a day. When you do answer you have to say hello a dozen times. Normally I hung up after saying it twice. I finally saved the number and found out who it was. I eventually got to speak with a real person who told me a bit about it. Somewheres along the line our connection dropped and she didn't call back. Again for several days I'd get calls. Hey I'm not gonna break my neck getting to the phone! On another occasion finally I spoke with someone else, I told the gal I had to talk to my hubby and she arranged with me to call back that following tuesday. Next day calls kept coming and tuesday was still 3 days away. I picked up again on friday of the following week and it's another totally different person. I told him I was expecting someone to give me a call back last week. Then what was to be the final straw occurred. I got a call two days ago, missed it.. so I decided, especially after checking out the $600+ airfare from WA to FL roundtrip was a bit more then I wanted to deal with, that I didn't want to have anything else to do with this conversation. So I called them to have them take me off their list.. First words out of their mouth was "Don't you want to go to the Bahamas?" It's not that I don't want to go, I just don't want to pay the incredible airfare.. I had a situation come up and asked if he could call me back in 10 minutes. His reply "To sign up for this"? I told him I didn't know for sure. He never called. So again tonight, one day later, another rep calls me, again I missed the call. I'd had it.. I called to get off their freakin list.. Again the first words were asking " Don't you want to go to the Bahamas"? My reply was NO and I told him about the calls and airfare. His reply was "We can SELL you airfare". That was it. I've been in sales for 26 years. You NEVER EVER EVER say you can SELL something to someone! You can tell them you'd love to help them to find a good price, but you don't tell them you can SELL them. That's the whole purpose of this company right now. Sure they'll give you a free cruise. BUT they want you to pay money for an upgrade, money for airfare, and money to spend even MORE TIME in Florida. It's not about you, as a customer. I can tell you that I have cruised with Holland America and Celebrity. What keeps me going back to them is "With MY Permission" they send me emails on specials. The give me wonderful upgrades without charging me, and they have always put me first and special as a customer. I have never felt as though they even had MONEY on their minds! I will not give Caribbean Cruise Lines my business. I don't care if they offer me a FREE cruise (which btw, the one listed about does cost you with what they tell you is taxes) FREE airfare, and a FREE week in Florida at their expense. NO WAY!!!

I just wanted to let you all know what I went thru with this company. Best of luck if you have to deal with them. Check out the other cruise lines that have been in business for a long time. Right now 3 day + Bahama cruises are going for under $200. And you're assured incredible service and a wonderful cruise on them :)

JessicaLynch Feb 15, 2016

I was sent a text message. THey already had my address and all. When I called the number before clicking on their link it was an automated web radio station called Fire97. They also want $118 for my port fees. I need to do a lot more research. They're saying it's through Holiday Cruise Lines and I will be sailing on the Celebration. Which I see is a Caribbean cruise line ship... So I'm quite confused. What's going on?

• L0
    L'Tanya Morris Mar 25, 2015

This company's customer service is so incompetent...I am planning my cruise the 1st week of April 2015, and I still have not received my itinerary (March 26, 2015), even though I was assured that I would receive it a month prior to departure. Everything has been a struggle with customer service since I paid for the cruise. I wish that I had gone with another cruise line now. I was promised a 2 for 1 airline travel voucher, which I never received so I ended up paying regular price for 2 airline tickets to Florida. Even though I paid $638.00 for the package, I still have to pay up to $400.00 in all of the "fees" that are charged upon booking. Customer service reps tell you anything to get you off of the phone when you're complaining about their service. I still don't know what to expect really. I can only hope for better treatment once I land in Florida. I'm very nervous about it.

• De
    Deab Oct 28, 2014

I filed a report with bbb the same night I booked cruise after I read so many negative reviews. I called the cruiseline and they insisted no refunds. I wrote a letter to be and in a month ingot back a full refund. My bank has confirmed this.

• Mr
    Mr Wonderful Sep 26, 2014

I was a victim to this very same situation, but with a slight twist. I was sold a bill of lies and have not stopped kicking myself for it yet, however I recorded the entire conversation and I am glad that I did. As they were trying to "upgrade" my package, after I had shown interest in the cruise, I stated that I would "not like to make anymore decisions until I speak with my girlfriend because we are a team and I want her to feel included on any further decisions." The man (who I had been transferred to because he was a "manager" and could answer my questions better) clearly expressed that this was a lost concept for him and first tried to insult me by saying that it was "obviously because I didn't have enough money to upgrade" and that he would discount the package to make things easier on me. When I explained to him that this was not the case and that I just wanted her to be a part of this process he went further and literally told me that it was because of "this type of indecisiveness in men that women everywhere are turning into lesbians and bisexuals!" Shocked and extremely disrespected, I maintained professional composure and told him that he had overstepped his boundaries. In the state of Texas (where the phone call took place for me) a call can be legally recorded and used in court, so long as one or more person involved in the conversation gives permission. (I believe I also told them that I was recording the conversation.) Questions: Is this company so untouchable that they are allowed to do these things for so long? Why have they been allowed to continue to operate and why would any business ever associate with them if not purely for profitability? That being said, is there not a law against companies (big or small) profiting from immoral practices performed on their behalf? I also wonder what relationships this company may have with other larger and more reputable businesses that profit from catering to the gay and lesbian demographics?

Christian.74 Aug 03, 2014

From this employee comment:22nd of Feb, 2010 by CRUSIEBOYIN ORDER TO RECEIVE A FREE CRUISE YOU MUST REGISTER FOR IT..WE DNT CALL ANYONE OFF OF A PHONE BOOK...MANY WAYS TO REGISTER (SURVEY ONLINE, OVER PHONE, UR BBY CAN READ, TRADE SHOW, ETC.)...

well I received their offer through a phone survey that I thought was made by the Canadian government. I already had some surveys from the government and the questions were a bit similar..but I thought it was funny to have only 3 questions, not even a mention of the company and the call ended by telling me that I won a trip and if I wanted to be contacted about this, to press 1. I was confused about this, and certainly not expecting this... but i pressed 1 with hesitation and the call ended without mentioning the company or anything else. The call originated from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

The 22nd of Feb, 2010 CRUSIEBOY (employee) also write...THANK YOU HAVE A GREAT LIFE YOU CLOSE MINDED PPL!!! This doesn't help the company at all. And why do they have to write all in caps as if they are screaming... Many people have complained about their attitude.

Response of 16th of Mar, 2010 by BAHAMABOUND (another employee) is totally inappropriate. Such employees working for a respectful company would get fired for such behavior.The 16th of Apr, 2010 BAHAMABOUND1 (same employee as above) is talking about that they refund all customers that asks for refund according to the law otherwise it would be credit card fraud. Of course he is going to say that here, otherwise he would incriminate the company. But then why is this site full of complaints about people that can't get a refund or have to waste so much energy and trouble to get it in a few cases?

For all those red flags when they called, I just told them I was not interested...repeated that twice before the employee had even started his speech and the conversation ended

I strongly suggest that you take your business elsewhere, with a reputable company that have a good customer service.

• Ca
    Carry Me Away Jan 21, 2013

hello again

• Ca
    Carry Me Away Jan 21, 2013

Hello, My story is a little different. I did not respond to any phone calls or Adverts. I actually was connected to the 'Caribbean Cruise Line' after being told I had won a free Cruise, after placing an Order from a T.V. Paid Commercial. I Was on the phone with them and they were telling me of all the wonderful perks...Only pay a 'Port charge' of $59.00 pp, 2 nights in Ft Lauderdale... etc etc. Well I fell for it literally...funny thing is these people are sooo good at what they do...they talked me into it even though I am a Disabled Adult...(2 hip replacements, one knee) and I live near the Beach (can't fully enjoy it bc of walking and balance and mobility issues). Yes I am sure you are all laughing your heads off saying I should of known better, Well you're right !! What got me was the '18 month' time allowed to book. I thought by that time I would have more recovery time behind me etc. Well I also want you to know I consider myself to be pretty business savy...I know not to give your CC # out etc...however I was fooled by the name...'Carribbean Cruise Line'...thinking they were the well known outfit.

Well after I got off the phone with them and $785.00 later on my charge card ...I had the opportunity to go online and check them out, (Of course I was not allowed to call them back later after I had 'thought about it'). Saw some pics of the Ship which is the 'Bahama Celebration' a refurbished Ferry Boat, Not what I would call a 'Cruise Line'. Saw some pics of the Cabins (beyond tiny) and found out the Ship had no Real Decks to hang out on in the Open Air..and not much A/C inside...the Ship (Ferry) was originally built for use in a colder frigid climate. Needless to say I was mortified...what the heck had I done :( I had Buyers Remorse in a BIG way.

Well long story short...guess I got lucky...(if you call having to resort to using your physical disability as leverage as Lucky). I was allowed a Full Refund...After first speaking with an Agent who first of course told me I had already agreed to everything and there were no Refunds !! I used the Fact that I was not even responding to an Advert...that I had been caught off guard and 'Fell' for all the 'Allure'. She then offered me a partial refund and I told her that was not acceptable...she then put me thru to her 'Supervisor' ...who actually still tried to 'Charm' me into keeping my Trip, by saying things like "Everyone Deserves a Vacation'...It's a 'Great Deal' etc. Oh I forgot this part...When I even tried to tell the first representative that I was too much of a 'Fall Risk' she actually told me I could buy 'Travelers Ins' lol. I said No Thank You, I had spent too much time in physical therapy / rehab to risk it. I would like my money refunded. Also I immediately called the next day, not even 24 hrs later.

Hope this has been helpful to someone...

Angry1801 Jan 04, 2013

I have had this miserable experience with Carribean Cruise lines as I got a cruise package that has only two nights of cruising . I called them and asked them to upgrade my package to more cruise time and I said I am willing to pay more . Turns out I am not allowed to cancel, no upgrades and no refunds . Has someone got any ideas . I really am thinking of taking this to a lawyer

• Ke
    Kenneth F8291 Oct 30, 2012

Yeah... I just got a call today from them. I had a very rough day and now that I am on my lunch break at work I saw very unpromising reviews on this "Deal." I under stand with tax's and fee's the trip come out to about $232.00 however I want to make sure I am not paying any "Hidden Fee's." If anyone can please get back to me about about more information I would be grateful.
    Kenneth Force-

• Kl
    KLowney Oct 29, 2012

NOTICE OF POTENTIAL CLASS ACTION. We are conducting an investigation into this matter for a potential class action lawsuit. If you are willing to share your story, please send us a confidential email at [email protected] Thanks for your time.

• Sh
    shortnsweet Sep 20, 2012

This company is a fraud. A man told me all i had to pay was $118 & then offered a bonus vacation for $800 i said i don't want the bonus vacation. he said you have to take it i said no thanks. Then a supervisor came on the phone and said Ill let you pay $250.00(including the 118) for the vacation package. am struggling to pay my bills but thought a cheap little vacation like this why not? I told them fine but i could only pay 118 today and nothing more. he said perfect we will charge you 118 today and in exactly 30 days we will charge u the rest. They sent me over to another department to complete my package. As the woman is talking and saying all these different prices i canceled the complete order and went back and spoke to a manager and told them i didnt want to do it. The manager (alicia) asked why? I said i had a really bad feeling and just don't want my card being charged. She cursed me out and hung up on the phone. Later that day i log onto my on line banking to find these company took $124 & $580 from my account w/o my permission. I canceled my card and disputed the charges. I called my bank this morning and they told me the company actually tried charging me $850.00. $580 & $ 850 were never even discussed. Who do these people think they are to charge people whatever they feel like. Don;t trust the scam. these people who r sticking up for it just work for the company. I read on another site a woman from Kentucky sued them and won. They use to have commercials and she actually got the commercials taken off the air b/c if it is a FREE cruise then it should be FREE completely!! No hidden fees or costs. it is considered false adverstisement!

CHRIS WHITEHURST Sep 12, 2012

TO ALL EMPLOYEES AND EX-EMPLOYEES IF YOU HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY CARIBBEAN CRUISE LINE I HAVE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.TO JOIN CALL ANDERSON LAW GROUP AT [protected]!!!

CHRIS WHITEHURST Sep 12, 2012

TO ALL EMPLYEES AND EX-EMPLOYEES OF CARIBBEAN CRUISELINES IF THEY RIPPED YOU OFF I HAVE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM ! TO JOIN CALL THE ANDERSON LAW GROUP AT [protected].

Noble Creations Jul 12, 2012

I also received a very professional letter in the mail stating that I won a cruise for two. I call to see if the letter was legitimate even though I had my doubts. Well after calling and talking to the rep, they tried to get me to give them my credit card number. Well I gave them a canceled credit card number they said that it declined and immediately hung up the phone .This is a Scheme do not give anybody your credit card number unless you know for sure the company is legitimate.

• Gr
    grace135 Jun 11, 2012

I just got a call, asking me for my input about the up coming election. Thinking that I could spend 30 seconds saying how I thought, without hearing the cruise info, I stayed on the line. I was pretty sure that the cruise was a scam, I listened to the spiel. I told the lady that I would have to see something in writing before agreeing to the $59 per person fee. She quickly said that she would email me the information. This allowed me to run a google search for Caribbean Cruise Line. By the time they sent me the email, I was able to find several sites complaining about the scam. When the lady asked me what I thought about the paper work, I told her that I ran a google search for their company, and that I am not interested. I hung up at that point. I don't have enough money for a cruise, so the thought of a free cruise sounds perfect. I can see how they rope people in. I'm glad I have high speed internet.

Jeffreyp May 17, 2012

I worked for the Caribbean Cruise Line office in Boca Raton, Florida, where EFAResearch.org transferred callers to Caribbean Cruise Line after some sort of political survey. I worked for them for approximately 4 weeks, when I did not make any major sales (full extended vacation packages) for 2 days, they sent me home early, and then the hammer fell. I get called in the office and Phil says to me, "the cat is out of the bag, we know about you stealing credit card numbers, and you used them and booked a trip to RIO". Then he asked me why should he believe I did not steal credit card numbers. I was floored. Keep in mind I worked for Caribbean Cruise Line (formerly known as Ramada Plaza Resorts) for 10 years from 1999 to 2007, and have never been accused of stealing credit card information, until I worked for a room owner by the name of Jackie whose office is in Boca Raton, FL. Well I figure that since I did not make any sales for 2 days, they were looking for an excuse to fire me before the next payday, so they accuse me of credit card theft, before the next pay day, so that I would get scared of their accusation and walk out and not expect my last weeks pay. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, FIRST OFF WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE WAS SIT THERE CALL THE POLICE AND HAVE THEM MAKE A FALSE POLICE REPORT ON CREDIT CARD THEFT, I WAS TOO FLOORED AND UPSET AND DID NOT THINK OF THIS UNTIL I WALKED OUT OF THE OFFICE. HOWEVER, THEY OWE ME MY LAST WEEKS PAY, AND NOW THEY ARE GOING TO GET INTO A WAGE WAR WITH ME. I AM ALSO GOING TO COPY THE OWNERS OF CARIBBEAN CRUISE LINE, JIM VERILLO AND DAN LAMBERT WITH THE LETTER MY ATTORNEY IS WRITING TO MAKE SURE I GET PAID. What Phil and Jackie did was mean and slanderous, and I wonder how many other people they did this too. From working with Ramada, I know for a fact when an employee stole credit card information and used it, the police came and arrested them on the employers site. If I stole credit card information like Phil said then why weren't the police waiting for me and arrest me. You know why it is because I did not do such a thing. I even asked Phil where are the police, and his response was that the owners were probobly going to press charges, Well I hope they do, because then I will have a strong lawsuit against Caribbean Cruise Line

• La
    Ladyzelda Apr 07, 2012

Well I can tell everyone about our experience...In Jan. 2012 we received the same political call and the free cruise for taking the survey. We spoke with the sales rep who said he would throw in a free package, we ended up spending $1038.00, when I called to book the trip we decided to use the 2nd pkg to include my daughter and her family this is where it starts. I decided to upgrade the pkgs, as it would be a once in a lifetime thing for my grandchildren, well there was suppose to be one charge of $962.00, an hour or so after booking my bank called and asked about the fraudulent charges on my card, I checked my account and there were 9 separate charges for a total of $1700.00, I immediately contacted Caribbean and they said that wasn't possible LOL! Well it was possible and did happen, needless to say dealing with these people is an experience I would not recommend for anyone. This has been going on since February we have received a total of $1408.00 back from them but there is still $1358.00 outstanding. The interesting part of this is we filed a complaint with the Florida Dept of Consumer Affairs, they started an investigation, their attorney(Caribbean's) sent a letter stating that Caribbean had refunded $1699.00, well at that point it was only $1279.00, so they not only lied to the government, but to their own ATTORNEYS...what does that tell you? Their attorney is now checking with them and the Dept of Consumer Affairs has reopened our complaint, hopefully they will investigate all of their client base to see how many others have been ripped off, had funds embezzled or stolen from their accounts and shut them down.

JessAnderson69 Apr 03, 2012

The peopleon here are just complaining about the aggressive sales reps? really? and that makes it a scam? People get fired and then wanna talk crap bc they didnt do their jobs. I currently work for Caribbean Cruise Line, and all we are doing is promoting our ship and working with a developer. Thats how you save money... You cant please everyone... And some people are never happy. I have people thank me every day for saving them thousands of dollars everyday..

• Da
    Damned if u do damed if u dont Mar 13, 2012

Custom care [protected] thats the number

• Di
    Dinah29 Jan 05, 2012

I just spend 1 hr & 15 minuetes with Caribbean Cruise lline P.O.Box 70038, Ft. Lauderdale Fl 33307 (dont trust them) I initially rec'd a offer to claim a free cruise from Corporate Memorandum!! I called and got some very agressive suave repts. After going over and over all the "free" stuff I would be getting, said I had no money. They reduced their price miraculously from $1098 to 898. They added free meal, free rental car, complimentary trip extension, $1500 discount booklet, so on & so on. They even let me pay payments for for this offer. When I called them tonight to book, I come to find out that the meals were not included as they promised me, that I now had to pay for parking a free rental car, and that they don't know anything about the $1500 disount booklet and a $74.83 1st class upgrade that I was offered. I spoke to a Charmaine the confirming person who said that they used to include the meals at the Bahamas resort back when I first spoke to them June/July of 2011 but now they don't? I told her they cant take away something they promised me. She sent me to a so called rude supervisor named Gilbert. Who said he wasnt there (in the original conv) so he cant say what happened but that I would not get free meals. I told him that was fraud to offer something and then not honor it. I cancelled any pending reservations and add'l fees they were going to charge my credit card and then I told him I wanted to cancel the pkg He said it was non refundable. I told him that can't be that I would call my credit card co. He said go ahead and then transferred me back to a customer serv rep who asked why I was calling her? I said I wanted to file a formal complaint against their company and wanted the direct address etc to do so. She disconnected me and that was that. I called my credit card company and asked them to dispute each and every monthly charge that was charged by this co. as they were fraud. I now am awaiting the period for my credit card co. to dispute and crediit my acct $898.00 Lets hope that together we can stop this scandalous company. don't trust them.

browna80 Jan 02, 2012

This company is INCREDIBLE...as in incredibly unprofessional! I received a sales call on my cell this morning from a 3rd party solicitor of Caribbean Cruise Lines. The ID states the call came from Beverly Hills, CA, but after some research I found this to also be incorrect. The sales reps name was Nicholas Chesse ID#KB3147. The call started off as an automated political survey. After answering the questions I was transferred to Nicholas to receive the cruise promised for my participation. I am no dummy and was very skeptical, but also interested to see what tactics they would use...In the end, I let Nicholas read his screen for about 5 minutes. He became very aggressive and down right rude when I expressed my concerns over the terms of the "offer" and concerns over the fact that they had used political interests to keep potential customers on the phone long enough to get hooked. I actually had to hang up on Nicholas to get him to SHUT UP. It completely ruined my morning! After some consideration I decided to call back and report Nicholas' behavior. I spoke to "Gus" who claimed to be a supervisor, but then also hung up on me in the middle of my explanation of events. This company in one word? Again, INCREDIBLE. Don't be fooled by their name. I cruise with ROYAL CARIBBEAN and their service and elegance cannot be outdone. SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH A COMPANY THAT ACTUALLY EARNS YOUR RESPECT AND BUSINESS!!!

• Fi
    first time on here Nov 15, 2011

i just paid 650 + the 118 port charge thing taking it all to about 775. im not that worried about it to be honest bc it seems legit. has anyone actually taken the cruise? most of the stuff ive read is in reguards to someone buying the packages, getting cold feet, wanting to get money back & not being able to... i get the frustration but did those people actually try to book the cruise they were offered??

• Ce
    certifiedskeptic Oct 20, 2011

I spoke with a daniel rogers and she was really nice. I called to cancel my port charges and explained to her I was hung up on when I didn't accept the extended stay. she was very apologetic and I ended up purchasing a 9 day vacation covering my six member family and myself. she gave me two packages for the price of one with the permission of her supervisor angel. her number is [protected] she was awesome and walked me thru all legitemecy. portofpalmbeaxh.com I even called the port themselves. I reccomend doing this and going thru her or angel they allowed me to call back after speaking with my husband. there was no pressure

• Te
    Terribleexperience Sep 23, 2011

Same exact thing happened to me as above. I got a call saying that I won a free cruise for 3 days 2 nights with Caribbean Cruise Lines, and that I would only have to pay the 114.00 port taxes for 2 people. I agreed after asking many questions to get more details. It looked ok, so I proceeded, then they said that they would transfer me to the final sales department to finalize my sale, that person had me on the phone for over 45 minutes offering me more things, saying that total it would be $785.00. I said many times that I did not want that, and that being a student I could not afford it. They were rude, and kept on transferring me to more people to try to get me on a payment plan of 40 dolars a month. At that point, I really did not want anything else to do with these agressive sales people, and said "no" many times, and eventually the woman said "what, you really can't afford 40 dolars a month?" At that point I immediately said that I didn't want anything else to do with them, I hung up, and reported them to my credit card company in case anything was charged to my card. Terrible experience, they are aggressive, rude and they don't listen to anything that the costumer says. I don't think it is a scam, but they do trick you into thinking that all you need to pay for is port fees. If you dont agree to buying the rest of the package, they will keep you on the phone for an hour bouncing you back from sales-person to sales-person. And again, they are VERY RUDE. Why would anyone want to buy anything from people so aggresive?

• Sg
    sg2 Jul 08, 2011

I am really sick of this company calling me 2 or 3 times a day for weeks now. [protected] is their phone number. I am frustrated and there is no way I would ever book anything with them, ever.

• Is
    Island spice Jul 01, 2011

We purchased the Caribbean cruise line cruise to Bahamas in 2009 and had planned on taking it this summer to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. My husband spent about $ 600.00 in booking fees and room upgrades. When we bought the cruise no mention was made of a time share presentation, however, when we finalized our dates of travel we received documents informing that we should attend a presentation. When my husband inquired about this he was told that it was not mandatory but if he was curious about what was being offered he could attend and leave at any time. This, we would later learn was just one in a series of incorrect information that we would receive from caribbean cruise line. On arrival at the Welcome Center in Orlando we were told we had to pay a presentation fee and my husband was asked to sign an invitation to attend the time share presentation.
    We were given 2 nights in the Orlando Grand Hotel. The hotel is seriously in need of repair and the food is not fit for human consumption. We never got to board the cruise. We were denied our boarding passes because I did not want to attend the time share presentation. My husband tried to attend the presentation but was told that it was mandatory that all passengers attend the time share presentation. When I indicated that I would not be attending the presentation I was told we would not be allowed to take the cruise because what we paid for was the time share presentation not a cruise.

brian fa Jun 17, 2011

update..i called them 250 times..see how they like it!...does anyone have any other #'s beside [protected]????? i want to call them some more times..hehehehehe...i gonna get you sucka

• Ro
    rog w Jun 14, 2011

I too worked for the company...however I did not stay too long after I realized how they do business. If you give them a credit card they will charge it for amounts other than what was agreed on...so do not give them one!!! Most of the employees are on drugs and have convictions for drugs and prostitution. It all starts with a cold call or a mailer and then the sales call. They will first get you to give them 59.00 x 2 for port taxes...then they want to upgrade you to a 915.00 pkg...chances are they already ran the card see if it would hold the charge!!! Plus if you do get pkg Bret zimmermans office will then call you after it has expired and tell you that you owe money on the pkg and will then high pressure you for even more money...the process never stops!!! Do not do business if this cruise line wich is realy just a gimic to get you to tour one of there resorts...go to a real cruise line! Peace Rog

brian fa May 30, 2011

they haven't taken my ph # oof of the list in over 2 weeks...i am going after these ###!

brian fa May 30, 2011

these [censored]s...i have one call me 6 times in less than 4 minutes...i wish he was in my face right now i would PUNCH HIS LIGHTS OUT...AND WOULD REALLY ENJOY IT...THE SHOVE THE PHONE UP HIS [censored] after i beat him down with it...then say to him ...think you want to call me again?...very rude csr... anyone want to join me?

• Ba
    BatJeff May 19, 2011

I actually got a call from these guys, and when i called them back, they asked me if I was still interested, then when I said "no", the woman simply replied "ok, then we'll take you off our calling list. Have a nice day." and that was it... so hopefully they don't call back.

• Ro
    rog w May 12, 2011

Yes it is true...I worked as a manager for BESM who states on the phone that they are Caribbean Cruise Line...and they do. They start off by having agents...alot of wich are drugged-up, on probation, some even wearing ancle braclets to get you hooked on the free cruise...I have never seen so many drugs being used in an office and they are sold by many, and management like Moe knows it for a fact...We even had 1 manager a month ago or so smoking crack coccain in the bath rooms. Then the game begins with the high pressure upgraded pkg to sell you nothing more than a tour of a time share resort. You stay in a Ramada Inn on State Rd 7, nothing you probably will like in the middle of no where!!! Now, if you refuse..they will run your card anyway or at least tell you so ..depending on the manager he will look to see if the green light or red light is on under Bret Zimmermans desk...that way they know if they are being monitored by corp...Larry will proudly tell you that you will receive airline tickets if the coast is clear to finalize the deal!!! This is not the cruise I would ever send my family or friends on...

• Bg
    BGraves May 06, 2011

I would like to post a comment as a former employee and as a past traveler with caribbean cruise line. The company does offer a free cruise as well as different vacation packages that are offered at a discount for touring a resort. I worked in a sales office for a summer and it was protocol that each customer was informed by the shipping depatrtment before they agreed to the charge of any taxes surcharges and fees that will occur. It is an affordable cruise vacation for people with an average income. Even if you pay an extra few hundred dollars for hotel taxes, gratuities, and surcharges it is still a pretty good deal to have a week if florida with a cruise for under a thousand dollars for a family of four! A vacation is what you make of it...if you got a cruise package from caribbean, take it and enjoy it. My family did

Jenshap Apr 11, 2011

I was suckered into this cruise with Caribbean Cruise Line and I just got back from the trip yesterday. It was AWFUL. Do you hear me? Anyone who EVER hears from these people should stay as far away as possible. There are hidden fees EVERYWHERE. It does NOT end up being cheap. You have to PAY to get off the boat in the Bahamas. It's awful. I am sorry I ever did it. OH, and you are required to go on time share tours. It was the worst "vacation" I have ever had. I can't even call it that.

• Mi
    mike 12343 Apr 01, 2011

people are stupid its not a scam, yes you have to do a walk through tour but the resorts were great .i got everything i was suppost to get even my upgraded room.i will travel again with them

• Dr
    Drew2918 Mar 17, 2011

It happened to me...got the call and yes I bought the package. $665. Then Looked up the company and saw how many people are in the "same boat" as me. I called to get a refund and talked with someone who did everything possible to tell me a refund is not possible. Very peacefully and calm I had a mantra of" I would like a full refund the package is not for me" she even said there is no higher up. then all of a sudden she tells me to hold...SILENT HOLD, no Bahama talk or music. Then says, I am waiting for a manager. After a VERY LONG wait (20min) A Manager gets on and I was keeping my mantra going, "I would like a full refund please, package is not for me"

10-14 days a full refund...we will see

good luck to me and YOU!

jewel775 Mar 10, 2011

Caribbean cruise lines called me to and they told me I didn't need a passport either it sounds like a scam they asked me for my Visa and I hung up the phone you just don't give that kind of information to anybody on the phone especially when they say free that is really far fatched to me.

• Mj
    m_johnson Feb 13, 2011

I was scammed by this company but I got my money back & you can too!

My parents have taken many legitimate trips where they did not pay for accommodations (which were very nice), food, etc. because it was a timeshare pitch or casino wanted them to have a free trip in the hopes they would return. So, when my girlfriend got the CCL thing in the mail I immediately jumped on it thinking it was similar. I was SO wrong. I got caught up in what they were offering over the phone so I agreed to pay $598 for the cruise, 2 extra trips, and all of the upgrades. I gave them my debit card number since I am moving away from using credit and they promptly took the money out of my account. I was told that I could check my trip information online in 2 days with the account information they gave me.

In a few days I went to check but couldn't remember the website so I googled Caribbean Cruise Line and saw that scam came up while I was typing. I went to a couple of links where people spoke of substandard accommodations, sales pitches that last for hours, and horrible customer service. However, I still didn't call for my money back because there were some people who said they had a nice time and one lady even gave her personal email to discuss her trip once she had the opportunity take her vacation. She echoed the small ship & bare bones accommodations that everyone else spoke of but I figured it wouldn't be too bad.

Things changed when a few weeks later my girlfriend's father suddenly passed away. We wanted the money back we paid for the vacations because we wanted to use it to travel to her home state so we could make arrangements for the funeral. However, when we called we were informed that there was a 3-day refund period for the state we reside in. That's a lie! While looking at the links about it being a scam I came across a page stating the Florida Travel Sellers Act entitles you to a refund if you request it in within 30 days of purchase regardless of where you are located.
    To respect my girlfriend's privacy I didn't go into much detail about why we needed to cancel. However, after being on the phone for an extended period of time, talking to different "managers", and being spoken to in a disrespectful tone I told them the reason we needed it back. They did not care at all. I told them about the law and the guy I spoke with said it didn't apply because I don't live in Florida . After going back & forth, I was livid. I told them I would get a lawyer involved as well as report them to the BBB. The guy told me that the BBB doesn't handle complaints for companies like theirs (that's another lie) and litigation wouldn't be a good route for me to take because of legal fees.

Although they tried to convince me otherwise, I knew I had the law on my side. So, I looked up the actual law online. You have to request a refund in writing within 30 days of purchase of the travel. We were within the 30-day time frame so I did that. I also filed a complaint with the BBB and wrote to the Florida Attorney General. You don't have to take all of the steps I did. But I recommend you write the letter clearly stating that you want a full refund and file a complaint with the BBB if Caribbean Cruise Line doesn't refund your money over the phone or your credit/debit card company doesn't refund your money

If you have been scammed, find the law online and quote it directly in the letter & your complaint to the BBB. The law really is on your side and you can get all of your money back.

• Aw
    Awesome Adventures Travel Feb 11, 2011

I just received a call from Caribbean Cruise Line. The lady on the phone offered what sound to be a fabulous cruise at an incredible deal. FREE! Wow. I couldn't wait to get all the details (NOT!). Well, she continued on and on about all the great things about this "cruise" and asking engaging questions (apparently reading from a script), all the while I was on THIS website reading about all the people who got scammed or felt they were ripped off. Finally she got to the part where I would only have to pay the port charges of $59 pp today to hold my cabin and immediately asked me which credit card I would like to use. I couldn't contain myself any longer. I came clean with her and told her I AM A TRAVEL AGENT (which she should have caught onto when I answered the phone with my company name) and that I had never heard of Caribbean Cruise Line. The woman seemed insulted and lashed back with "well we've been in business for 13 years". I responded, "Well, I’ve been a LEGITAMIT Travel Agent for 20 years and that I've never seen your company in ANY of our reservation systems. We only deal with reputable companies and perhaps that why Caribbean Cruise Line is not in our Global Distribution Systems. “With that she sucked her teeth and hung up on me. People, as the saying goes, if it sounds too go to be true…. If you want a REAL vacation or cruise, book with a REAL TRAVEL AGENT. The service we provide and product knowledge we have is invaluable! Plus, WE always find you the lowest prices and best value for your money. And it doesn’t cost you anything to have us research your travel plans which save s YOU time, money and headaches. Not to mention, without a travel agent… if something goes wrong or you have a change of plans, you’re on your own!

• Ex
    Exodus 20:15 Jan 26, 2011

This "company" is ridiculous. They asked for our credit card to "hold our spot" so we said, hang on, called AMEX to ask if we should and they told us they would support us if something were to happen as we are valued, long-time users of AMEX. We gave them the AMEX number and they charged us $900 without authorization. When we told them we decided we were not interested they said and I quote "It's too late, we already have your CC number. Sucks for you." When I asked if we should contact our lawyer, the man started yelling at me. He said that there was no point and we would lose because they were a multi-billion dollar company and have better lawyers than us. Little do they know, they aren't battling some small town lawyer, they are battling American Expresses Lawyers. Sorry. I believe it sucks for them, not us. And yeah, I bet you're a multi-billion dollar company, you illegally use peoples credit card without authorization.