The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Capella University — fraud and cheating
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I contacted Capella University about Ph.D. classes in business, and was hard-sold by their 'counselors' who called me and pressured me to enroll. The per credit cost I was originally quoted was increased after my first term. They also did not mention the additional costs of attending required residential colloguia, which add a hug amount to the cost of a Capella education. The travel, plus a week off from work, plus Capella's fees of $1, 350 for each week make these more expensive than traveling to Europe. I tried to withdraw from my classes, and was told I had withdrawn. Later, I got a bill for about $1, 800 from Capella, even though I did not participate in the classes and thought they had been dropped. I have complained to the Federal Trade Commission and the Washington State Attorney General about this, and Capella refuses to recognize the error.
They suggested that I borrow the money from one of their lenders and pay them that way. I insisted that I was unwilling to pay for services I never received. Capella still insists I pay. Caveat Emptor!
More Capella University Complaints & Reviews
- Capella University - scam
- Capella University - fraud and greed
- Capella University - possible encouraged fraud and engaged in deceptive and questionable marketing practices
- Capella University - bad service
- Capella University - scams
- Capella University - capella university left me in debt with no degree
- Capella University - multiple-professors & tech
- Capella University - failing students based on an apa error.
- Capella University - corrupt, scam "school"
- Capella University - lack of ethics