CameraboxDon't use camerabox!

I've had the same experience. I ordered a Canon EOS 450D but never got the camera. I were lucly to get a refund but the day after I had been promised a refund, someone had used my card for 70 USD on full tilt poker. Don't use camerabox!

• Pi
    pig pog 2 kids Nov 26, 2009

I too have recently bought from Camera box sent Canon Ixus 110 cameras instead of one and charged Got letter within days from bank my account was 0 over 4oo pounds missing got it back from bankl but frightened to send extra camera back as I have had to scrap my debit card and I will defenately will not be sending new one so Im stuck

• Ro
    rosindi Nov 26, 2009

Camerabox is the only different retailer I have used in a long time and 2 weeks later my card number has been used illegally 8 times in 2 days

• Ro
    rosindi Nov 26, 2009

The fraud department of my credit card are aware the site is dodgy/insecure, from comments made.

• Co
    CodyB Dec 05, 2009

Cancelled a purchase at Camerabox for a Panasonic TZ7 after being told different versions for why it was delayed. Final straw was when I was told that the payment had been processed and that I should receive the item tomorrow. Item did not arrive. Payment hadn't been processed. Was then told that the payment server had crashed three days ago, but was now online and that my payment would be processed as per the queue, etc. Any way I cancelled my order. Two days later a fraudulent transaction was attempted on the same credit card at Dixons.
    I am 99.9% sure that the security breach occurred as a result of the cancelled Camerabox order - Why, because the credit card had not been used for any purchase for over 4 months. (Only use it for the extra 1 year warranty). Definitely a site to avoid.

dangermouse Dec 08, 2009

I can only re-iterate what these guys have said, avoid camerbox. I placed my order and was promptly told it was processed for next day delivery. 2 days went by and nothing turned up or any despatch mail. I contacted them and they said the payment server crashed (I now learn they use this line often). I was told to wait another day.
    Next day still nothing, so I asked to cancel the order, upon which I was told the flash unit had been despatched already and I could not cancel, I would have to return the product.
    2 days later, still nothing! I checked my bank account and nothing had even been charged yet. Multiple emails to them and they ignored them, infact the only email I got was sent in error as it was another customer else complaining, and they must of replied to me by mistake.

thats when I came accross this site and its list of complaints, Ive now cancelled the card Ive used as these guys are obviously fraudsters.

• Fi
    fil000 Dec 08, 2009

ive ordered samsung st 50.next day delivery.its been four days and no camera no answer no nothing.money is been taken out of my debit card!!!ive try to ring them no answer no email answer eider...now i read all these reviews about them(i wish i read them before)and how is that these people are not been shut down!!!????im thinking to go to bank and cancel the card or something!!!

dangermouse Dec 09, 2009

Filo, play them at thier own game. Call up your bank and say you verbally cancelled the order right away and they have still taken ( stolen) money out of your account. demand a refund, force them to investigate these fraudsters.

• Fi
    fil000 Dec 09, 2009

after 20 calls and endless waiting on phone finally ive got try them!!!very polite bloke on the phone said that he's gonna cancel order and i will get my money back in 2-5 days...
    but i dont trust them so ive already contacted the bank as well, so they will be doing investigation.
    i hope they will be shut down!!!
    thanks for advice dangermouse!hope u gonna get your thing sorted

• Mo
    molsieuk Dec 19, 2009

Hi All,

Luckliy I paid vai paypal for my camera so they dont get your details, phheeww however when my camera arrived 2 days late it is a grey import, there is no way im sending it back as paypal will only cover you for the delivery of the goods.

I have proof camerabox mis-sold my camera and I have reported them to oxford trading standards.

Please please please do the same, its just a quick email, if they get enough complaints they will have to investigate this bunch of cowboys, also report them to BBC Watchdog !!!

Trading standards email is

Hi following my recent dealings with camerabox i reported them to trading standards, they will only investigate if they get enough complaints.

If you have time please drop them a line and help stop others being mis-sold goods or having their credit cards compromised.

The email address you need is

[email protected]

Dont let them rip others off.

• Up
    UpNorth Jan 01, 2010

Hadn't bought anything for 4 months on my credit card then it was used to purchase an oyster card the day after I order something from camerabox... dreadful, avoid.

chuck67ds Feb 02, 2010

I wrote a review some weeks ago a very bad one. Before Christmas. As with all these other people the goods arrived late and after i cancelled the order. You can not get hold of these people. Do not use them they are the worst company i have delt with bar none. Have only just got them to collect the camara which they now say they have so waiting for refund now. Who knows may get one. Wish i had read the reviews. I also think they operate under the name digitalfirst.co.uk so be aware. I would give less than 1 star if i could. The website is ok draws you in with there next day (not) delivery. DO NOT GO THERE!!!

• Ka
    Kaura Feb 03, 2010

Unfortunately I can only agree with the comments already made - I did get a camera in Nov.09 from Camerabox, but it was faulty. Sent it back, but still waiting for a refund - and had two fraudulent transactions on my credit card which I'm sure was from using their site. Under bank investigation now, and will inform Trading standards and the Guardian - AVOID!
    olderbutwiser

davejlennon Aug 19, 2010

i have been robbed also by camerabox i ordered an item for £329 they took the money didnt send me the item and wont refund my money back
    what can i do about it . the police dont want to know who do i contact

davejlennon Aug 19, 2010

cheers steve i will do the bbc one i have to wait the 30 days (which is the 22nd this month)then i will tell bbc my story . and go to the small claims cort to see what they can do i also have reported them to my bank as i paid with a visa debit card, trading standards say the bank should cover me because it was over £100
    but these people need to be punished somehow.

• Ar
    Arabella D Nov 05, 2010

I have used this company twice with two different credit cards and have benn cloned on both occasions. DO NOT use this company, they subsidise their cheap prices by profits made from selling your card details!!

How are they still allowed to operate?????

Icosphere Nov 21, 2010

I stumbled on this site by accident but luckily I did because I was considering putting in an order for a new Canon EOS camera with a lens totalling £920! God know's what I would've got back from this... Fraudulent use of my CC details, not receiving the items, and hassle of chasing back the money. Thanks to this site, I can avoid this potential disaster, especially when I will be going away on holiday for a Month. Phew! Must admit, their website looks convincing however I felt from my instincts after submitting a price-promise request that they didn't even bother responding back, this I thought was bad customer service and now I know why.

• Cl
    cleggpaul Nov 21, 2010

I was interested in a Nikon D90 . I phoned camera box up and asked if the camera was grey import, they said no . I also asked why they are so cheap and how can they offer a 5 year guarantee, the answer was that they buy loads of cameras wholesale...Now I ve read these reports will not chance buying from them ..Thank you all for helping

Icosphere Nov 22, 2010

I've submitted a complaint to Trading Standards about this.

You should submit yours too!

btw, this website (http://www.digital-cameras.com/) looks remarkedly similar to Camerabox's website. It appears they are trying it on with this alternative site to scam more innocent buyers! PLEASE REPORT TO TRADING STANDARDS :(

Icosphere Nov 22, 2010

Got a reply from Oxford's Trading Standards, ah well, nothing will be done! The criminals will continue! :-(

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry to this Service regarding the above trader.

Due to Enterprise Act provisions, this Service cannot discuss the number or nature of complaints about a company with members of the public. Neither do Trading Standards Services have general powers to stop a business trading.

Since you have not actually placed an order with the website, your comments will be noted for our information but no further action will be taken at this time.

Yours faithfully,

Fax: [protected]
    www.oxfordshire.gov.uk

• Gw
    Gwendy11 Nov 24, 2010

This review below and the google adword linking to this has been provided maliciously by Camerabox's competitor Simplyelectronics.net, they have been tracked using their IP address, as Camerabox's legal representative we are looking for substantial damages and an apology from simplyelectronics.net. Whilst these damages are being sought we are making all customers aware of the situation, unfortunately as Simplyelectronics are a Hong Kong based company and do not come under UK law this may take time, hence this post regarding malicious and defamatory statements regarding Camerabox.co.uk by Simplyelectronics.

• Wi
    windyfish Nov 24, 2010

Looking for a camera for my dad i came across camera box, it says founded in 2004 but webite copyright is 2010, thought i would google the telephone number and came across lots of fraud complaints and another website with the same telphone number http://www.digitalfirst.co.uk/aboutus.asp and http://www.digital-cameras.com/aboutus.asp

Im sure they are not the only ones... i will avoid them thanks for the heads up...

• Ir
    IrishRover Nov 25, 2010

Has anyone anything GOOD to say about Camerabox ?

• Mn
    MNR B Feb 10, 2011

I orderd a efs canon 70-200mm lens about 6 months ago . they didnt have stock, so i said no problem order the lens. After n month went buy phoned them to here wats going on . only to find out they never orderd the lens . so i asked them when the lens would be here . they told me only after the 12 of november. then i told the guy i need the lens before that . and then he told me it was not possible. so told him to cansel it and refund my money. he said no problem. and im still waiting for my money 6 months later. they dont even answear my emails anymore i dont want to be nasty i only want the money they owe me . thats all. i can provide bank statements to show the money have gone into there accounts

• Vi
    virtualvigilante May 06, 2011

Hi there,

Please could you join this page and post the experience you have had with camerabox.com?

I’m trying to get all experiences in one place.

Thanks very much in advance.

• Vi
    virtualvigilante May 06, 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry to this Service regarding the above trader.

Yours faithfully,

*Name masked out*

• Fa
    fairtrade4all May 13, 2011

This company is still trading and still using the same tricks as all previous comments describe. I was charged for a lense that never arrived! They of course took the money at the time i placed the order, lied numerous times when i called and finally promised to cancel the order and refund me. Yes - you guessed right! no refund yet. I will eventualy get my money back but i do not understand how this company is still around given all the complaints and the poor service and clearly fraudulent behaviour in the market. I would NEVER EVER EVER buy ANYTHING from Camerabox again!!!

• Le
    Leonard09 May 17, 2011

Camerabox promised delivery of my camera. I called prior to going to work abroad to ask where it was and they said that it was not in stock. I cancelled and went abroad and received an email confirming this. The camera arrived when I was away but as I had already bought one I returned it when I got back, They have ignored all my calls and emails and the still have £320 of mine. This has been ongoing since Feb. I am also out of pocket for return postage and interest on this. My credit card company is still on the case.
    I am thinking of going to Oxford to pay them a friendly visit!

• R3
    r3tract May 23, 2011

Agree with everyone else, i have had exactly the same problems with Camerabox. I'm gutted i didn't investigate them before ordering to be honest.

I bought a camera for my wife's birthday. Lo and behold 20 days later and still no camera. I've (finally!!!) managed to get through to someone on the phone today, my order has been cancelled and I should expect a refund to my Paypal account (so glad i didn't just pay via CC, judging by some of the comments) wihin 10 days.

Needless to say I've also filed a dispute with PayPal to try and speed up the process!

• Mi
    MICK BU May 28, 2011

AVOID DO NOT USE THIS RIP OFF COMPANY I ORDER'D A CAMERA IT NEVER ARRIVED ON THE TIME SLOT, JUST GOT FOBBED OFF WHEN I CALLED THE HELP LINE MONEY CAME OUT OF MY ACCOUNT STRAIGHT AWAY 20+ EMAILS NEVER GOT A REPLY I ONLY WISH I SEEN THE REVIEWS OF OUR VICTIMS SO TO THIS TIME I STILL HAVE NO CAMERA ...TOTAL RIP OFF ..TOTAL SCAM ..NEVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY OR THE OTHER 2 IT ALL SO TRADES UNDER

• St
    starterman Jun 03, 2011

odered a sony camera from these idiots,
    2 weeks later no goods, coming tomorrow again and again. Bank won't action for 30 days.
    After reading about the card swindels it is frightening. They don't answer phone or reply to e mails

• Jd
    jd3333 Jun 13, 2011

I placed an order on the 8/11 for near on £500 on the premise that goods will be received within 2-4 days. on 3 days I went through a security check and told the camera would be dispatched that day. next day status showing as security cleared so I called them to be told it will be up to a further 4 days which was no good to me so I cancelled verbally and in writing. a week later and no refund so i emailed them (as phoning is futile) to be told it will be 2-14 days to hit my account. A week later I called to be told my order was dispatched and not cancelled - but nothing was received so what was going on. the Chap was very quick to send me another cancellation email so clearly nothing had been dispatched. 2-14 days for delivery... I also contacted their PR agency who have promised to help who also told me that a refund had been processed w/c 3/6. today having chased again I have been told - unbelievably - that the refund had failed as my card company had refused to accept it. a bunch of condescending / rude emails later - from them and not from me I might add it transpires that they had not tried to process the refund as even failures appear on card merchant services systems - so they lied. these guys are a joke and I have reported them to Trading Standards, Consumer Direct and Watchdog. they are also in breach of the distant selling laws which they are only too happy to quote - STEER CLEAR!!!

• Fa
    Fairdinkum2u Jun 14, 2011

If you do buy from here - also read under customer service POINT 2 they will take your money and then you have to wait for them to pay you back - they call it refund which it is NOT as they do not supply goods to return, they did not try to contact me just sent an email!. It can be something stupid as a typo. But monies will be taken!!
    Delivery Times

UK Super Saver Delivery - Deliveries will be made within 2-4 working days of placing your order.

Exceptions:
    1) Free Super Saver Delivery is only available to UK customers.
    2) Orders must pass financial security checks before being despatched - we will contact you if necessary to verify security information.
    3) The delivery policy can only apply to items that are shown as in stock at the time of ordering.

I have complained to http://www.bis.gov.uk/policies/consumer-issues/enforcement-of-consumer-law/super-complaints

analui Jun 26, 2011

Oh no! They fooled me too!
    I have just paid for the Nikon lenses and my bill came to 2.400 pounds!!!
    Will I ever get it back???
    This is unbelievable !
    I have already notified my VISA credit card company and reported them to Traiding Standards and Trusted Commerce that is at the bottom of the Camerabox website.
    I can not believe it !!!

• Ju
    Just sick grandma Jan 29, 2014

It is 01/2014. I ordered a panasonic camera from camera box. Huge mistake!!! I received a non-sealed box, a non packaged battery and used adapter and it isn't even the one that goes with the camera. The camera says memory full. I am just sick. Can't get any response from camera. Was planning on using it in winter trip with grandchildren. I am jus sick and don't know what to do.
    Unhappy in texas