Cal-Am Propertiesbad management liars and thieves

R Review updated:

I lived in Cal-Am's Village of Tampa property. We were excited in the beginning about buying a nice home in a nice community. The surrounding area was questionable. I asked the sales person Maritsa if there were many issues with the community, she informed us that it was quiet, safe, and with the security officers the community was orderly. LIE LIE LIE!!

I reported loud music from our neighbors about every day. NOTHING WAS DONE. There were drug deals going on in front of our house, NOTHING WAS DONE. I reported people not cleaning up their dog waist, NOTHING WAS DONE. I reported big parties in the middle of the night. NOTHING WAS DONE. I reported trashy neighbors, AC not fixed in laundry, people parking on my property and driving in my grass, and in the grass and no parking areas, NOTHING WAS DONE!!

We were told from the property manager and the sales person Maritsa that there was a 30 day period that if anything in the house need fixed they would fix it. LIE LIE LIE!! When we moved in the AC unit was not working. We called the office with the issue along with others. They sent out a AC tech and he informed me that the AC coils were very bad. I informed the manager, he said that was not their problem and I didn't get what he said in writing and that he was not going anything about it. I had to pay $1500.00 to fix the AC coils.

Most of the residents do not care about the community or the rules, the management company does not care about the residents or their own rules.

We were told by the sales person Maritsa that the lot rent does not increase very often and had not for a long time. LIE LIE LIE! The lot rent increases EVERY YEAR! We were their 2 years lot rent started at 515.00 a month when we left 545.00. Think about that 30.00 in two years in ten years that is 150.00!

We put our house up for sale 4 months after we moved in. I hired a realtor that specialized in manufactured homes. She showed our house multiple times but could not get financing from a bank or mortgage because of the community and all the foreclosures. WE WERE STUCK. If you buy a house YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SELL IT!! EVER. We ended up walking away!

This company Cal-Am is one of the worst management companies I have ever had to work with. They are all liars and thieves, the manager, the sales team, the owner all of them horrible awful people.

Cheryl Donley Mar 08, 2020

I was really excited about buying my first home. But I had to learn the hard way to never believe what they tell you. I was going to have a home inspection done on the home I was purchasing and then the person that sold me the manufacturer home said they had an inspection already done, so me being the person that I am I trusted what they had told me and didn’t have have it inspected. Boy was that a mistake. The roof is leaking and ready to fall in and the skirting is not is what it should be. Plus I found out that they had over charged me for the home to begin with. I tried to get in touch with the person who sold it to me from Cal Am but all I got was ignored. So now I’m stuck with a home that’s falling apart and paying way more than what it is worth. If you buy a home from this company make sure it is a new one and definitely get your own inspection done on it before you buy. Please don’t believe a word this company tells you especially if you are a first time buyer like I was.