Great Wolf Lodge

3950 Victoria Ave, Niagara Falls, ON, L2E 7M8, CA

Reviews and Complaints

Great Wolf LodgeBooking

Booked 5 rooms 3 months in advance for a family get together which involves our 4 kids and their spouse and 7 very small grandchildren. We point blank asked to have all rooms together and was told wouldn't be a problem it's automatic when booked together. It was an opportunity for all the cousins to be together. On check in at 1pm we found 2 rooms at one far end 3 at the other far end. When brought to the attention of check in they said they tried. They only look into that the night before and we're unable to accommodate. But when pressed that you knew 3 months in advance... they said they never guarantee rooms together and they did there best the day before. Are rooms are standard rooms like most rooms... they said 🤷‍♀️ we tried I'm awaiting hip replacement so getting from one end of the other building to the other is difficult James Robinson James. [protected]@esfox.com

Comment Guidelines

RESOLVED

1 Response
    • Gr
      Great Wolf Lodge Mar 31, 2022

Hi, Tammy! We're sorry to hear you had this experience and appreciate you letting us know. Kindly send us your confirmation number via email at [email protected] so we can look into this.

Great Wolf Lodge — Pool cleanliness, bad customer service

We are loyal customers have gone every year for a long time except for last year as we had a death in the...

Niagara Falls

Great Wolf Lodgeemployees

My family went to Great Wolf Lodge for 2 nights (3 adults and 2 children) $1100 trip turned into $1500 after my daughter accidentally broke a tv in the bowling alley. The Tv's hang much to low for a child who is at their peak height, my daughter went to throw the ball down the alley when the ball hit the bottom of the tv and broke it. Hmmm maybe there should be cages around the tvs or maybe the tvs should be at the end of the alley so this doesn't happen.

My daughter was honest and said we need to tell someone so we did (as we should) the gentleman that we mentioned this to said it was "ok, don't worry about it I will let my supervisor know and we will just turn the tv off"

We carried on with our FUN day. Went out back for story time and roasted marshmallows. Came inside where 2 woman were waiting for us to talk about the broken tv. My family and I were then escorted out into the lobby area where this was discussed IN FRONT of 2 young children. I was told that we have to pay $400 for the tv. I told the employee that the guy in the arcade area said it was ok and that we can carry on with our day. This employee then started to argue with me and implied that I was lying and that her employee did not say that to me.

Great wolf lodge has insurance for incidents like this. Yes I will agree that if there was damage to our room or if my child was being rough and purposely broke something then yes absolutely take the actions you need to take but this was an accident and not malicious at all. This is Great Wolf Lodge, you make millions and you're going to charge for something that was done BECAUSE your establishment can't think outside the damn box and use common sense in areas where accidents could potentially happen and DID happen.

Don't treat someone like a criminal, your reason for not reimbursing my $400 is "it was a teaching lesson for our staff" give me a break, if thats the reason then I should be given back my money FOR YOUR STAFF'S LESSON!!

Comment Guidelines

RESOLVED

• Updated by jengland · Jul 30, 2019

Dear potential Great Wolf Lodge visitors,
        As you are all aware, G.W.L is not a cheap place to take your family, understandably so. It is a great family fun place. A fun filled place to especially bring your deserving children. During my family visit with my 9 year old, she was doing just that, having all the fun G.W.L promises for a child. As you are also all aware, accidents do happen with children and as parents our job is to teach lessons in a positive way because kids do not intend for bad things to happen. Unfortunately, G.W.L does not possess this belief, or so it would seem. My innocent 9 year old had to pay an unfortunate price by humiliation and great guilt bestowed upon her by G.W.L itself. Please, keep in mind that this is a children's place.

Our second fun filled day had ended with me paying out $400.00 on top of my $1000.00 room I had booked for 2 nights. My 9 year old was having fun bowling in the kids bowling ally when she miscalculated the height of the score monitor above the lane and mistakenly hit it with the ball and damaged the monitor. There are absolutely no height restrictions or requirements posted in this kids bowling ally and the score monitors are much lower than you would find in your standard bowling ally. As soon as she had realized what she had done, she became visibly distraught and broke my heart by telling me she does not deserve to have fun anymore and that we should go and tell a worker what happened. I agreed that we should go tell someone so we did after she had calmed down enough. When we found an employee, my honest and scared 9 year old told him what she had done. He then responded with "Don't worry, I will just turn off the monitor and let my supervisor know." And let us go on our way which we thought was the end of it. We then went and enjoyed more of the entertainment G.W.L offers. Our next adventure was Story Time under the Stars and marshmallow roasting. The kids really enjoyed this but soon that fun and happiness was abruptly come to an end. As Story Time ended, we began to make our way through the water park back through the lobby where we were awaited by two women in very intimidating black uniforms and escorted us into the lobby from the water park where we were surrounded by many other visitors. They then preceded to let us know that they have been looking for us all day as if we were wanted criminals on the run. They then began to discuss a payment plan for the broken monitor without any questions for me first. I began to explain to one of the ladies about the conversation I had with the employee I first spoke to about the incident. She automatically assumed I was lying to her by telling me that the employee I spoke to did not actually say that which he in-fact did. It was quite offensive as my 9 year old was standing beside me during this conversation hearing this lady telling me that I am lying. This conversation should have been taken to a quiet and private area to discuss instead of being surrounded by other visitors and my child. There was no consideration or empathy given to my child and I by the staff of this establishment what so ever and worse of all, there was no apology given to my 9 year old for the humiliation and guilt G.W.L made her feel.

I am sending any potential visitors of this "kid friendly" establishment off with this advice, please be aware that accidents like this with children do happen, and it has been proven here, G.W.L will heartlessly make you pay for your innocent child's accident with no empathy or compassion.

1 Response
      • Gr
        Great Wolf Lodge Mar 31, 2022

Hello. We're sorry to hear you had this experience and appreciate you letting us know. Kindly send us your confirmation number via email at [email protected] so we can look into this.