Bytheswordinc.comFraudulent

H

I ordered several items from bytheswordinc.com totaling $1120.30 on 12/1/2010 and was charged for the order the next day. A few days went by and heard nothing so I decided to call the number on the website. I spoke to a girl named Amber and she informed me that it was not in stock and told me that my order was going to ship next week. That was fine with me at that time. Two weeks went by and I never got my order nor did I hear from them. I emailed them several times asking about the status of my order and they never replied back. I called them on 12/17/2010 and asked them if I was ever going to get my order and when. They responded with “Some of the items are not in stock and we do not have a date as to when they will be in”, I said fine ship me what is in stock and cancel the rest of the backordered items. Well a few days went by and I did not receive any of the items they said they had, nor did I get a refund for the backordered items. I sent several emails and called them several times, and always got the same respond. After another month I decided that I have had enough and to do a chargeback on my credit card to get my money back. I thought that this was strange way to do business and decided to take a drive to their company. I lived only 30 minutes away from Bonita Springs to 1053 EL Mar Avenue Ft. Myers, FL 33919. I arrived at their location and what I discovered was it was just a home. This was very odd to me and decided to hire a private investigator. The information that I received from the private investigator is that bytheswordinc.com is own by David and Belinda Rothgeb, and they operate out of their home located at 1053 EL Mar Avenue Ft. Myers, FL 33919. Both of them are convicted of child abuse http://www.sheriffleefl.org/about/jaildetention/arrestbk.aspx?id=159870&bk=208573. They do not have any inventory, charge for orders that they are not going to ship, never respond to your emails and lie to their customers. This is an obviously a fraudulent operation and I warn stay away from www.bytheswordinc.com.

• Ir
    Irmek Jun 03, 2016

Looking for a good Halloween costume? Do yourself a favor and avoid this nightmare. Eight months ago (yes EIGHT!), I placed an order online for various items for a nifty medieval Halloween costume. Everything arrived on time except a pair of poulaines... those are shoes. By the Sword did not inform me till after I sent three emails to them that my poulaines were on back order, and would arrive shortly- 6 to 8 weeks...

Eight MONTHS later, my poulaines showed up. When I asked if my unopened, unused poulaines could be refunded, By the Sword informed me they were custom made for me (I feel so special)... not returnable, non-refundable. I understand this must be very precise work cobbling shoes to such exacting detail... namely, check the box next to your size-- "10". Okay, all sarcasm aside, this lack of professionalism, lack of courtesy, and lack of honesty on the part of this business puts By the Sword at the absolute bottom of my list. I don't often write negative reviews, but if I can save one honest customer the headache By the Sword gave me, then this review was worth writing.

• By
    By The Sword, Inc. May 28, 2011

With any business you will have complaints; however our motto is if we make a mistake, we make it right. I cannot address the complaint concerning the order mentioned in the complaint because there is no such order.
    I can only imagine it comes from a competitor that wants to put a hurt on another business in an effort to gain business. I would suggest before buying from any company that you go to the Better Business Bureau and check the company out. You will find we have an A+ plus rating and you don't get that by being a rip off company. You can also go to www.archive.org as it states on our FAQ page to find out how long a company has been on the internet.
    I applaud the [redacted] in trying to protect the consumer from bad business practices or just plain fraudulent companies. We have been here since 1995 and have over a million customers to date. If you feel you have a problem with anything, please call. We do answer every phone call and every email from Monday-Friday (9AM to 5PM EST). Try it. It's FREE.
    We also try to educate the consumer and you can see that on our FAQ on our website. Do your home work before ordering and do not always believe what you read because you will have competition that will do things just like this.

Sallysaddle May 17, 2011

This is a direct attack on someone and it is a defamation of character and should be removed immediately.