Menu

Brown Mackie College  - Lies and deception

Author of the complaint
3:19 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am looking for others who would like to look in to a class action lawsuit against brown mackie. I complained to the president and they dropped me from the school and now say i owe them 1, 700 more dollars on top of the 2, 700 i have already given them for just one semester, i only attended one class and there is a very long list of things i have been lied to about. Lets all get together and work to get our money back! Feel free to e-mail me your story or complaint if you to are attending the lenexa, kansas bmc [protected]@yahoo.com

Helpful? 0 0

More Brown Mackie College complaints & reviews

Brown Mackie College - Scam
Brown Mackie College - Immoral behavior/Incompetant Leadership/Predator Practices
Brown Mackie College - Worst Place Ever
Brown Mackie College - money scam
Brown Mackie College - Veterinary Tech Program
65 comments
Jan 26, 2020 3:19 am

Brown Mackie College (BMC) in Fort Wayne, IN opened in 2004. My daughter graduated 2007 to find all doors closed to BMC graduates, reputation beyond repair. Her CMA degree meant nothing! So many posts reflecting the same outcome at various BMC across the nation. The Federal government sued BMC in 2015. It appears they were able to reach a $LARGE settlement, WHAT ABOUT US! I have the student loan in my name from Fedloan Servicing US Dept of Education. She was unable to improve her wages after graduation and remained in the same position as a CNA for low wages. In 2012 she secured a position in a doctor's office for a wage increase of $2.00 an hour leaving her unable to make payments on the loan and I did the best I could from my wages, we were late/missed/behind! Deferments or default, some choice! I would like to direct you to a petition I started on change.org to address these financial crippling student loans. I did the math: an original loan $23, 406.17 in the year 2032 will =$113, 042! BMC should be sued by each and every student/graduate. Students did the work, graduated with hopes of a bright financially secure career to find themselves with nothing to show for their efforts except a huge debt for the next 25 years. Please log on and search for STUDENT LOAN DEFERMENTS CRIPPLING ABILITY TO EVER PAY OFF LOAN, join us by signing the petition to make a change. Finally in 2012 my daughter secured a position that allowed her to make the monthly loan payments but only after completing an online course, not from BMC, and going out of state for the testing. BMC did not produce the results a college by definition should: an educational institution or establishment, in particular one providing higher education or specialized professional or vocational training. WHO RECEIVED THAT? Not BMC graduates thanks to the lack of community support / reputation. Not my daughter who was on the Deans list every semester, how about YOU? Looking to join a class action suit. email:[email protected]

Jan 08, 2018 3:19 am

I graduated from BM with a Associate in MA. Little did I know that the credits I received, doesn't carry over of is accredited for other medical fields. Many companies will not recognized them as an accredited school. When it came time for me to do my hours to graduate, they couldn't find me anywhere before time ran out. I had to find my own place to do hours. They tried to make me pay for it but I tried to fright them on it. I feel that I have wasted my time and money at the school. I would very much like to take a ;lawsuit on them, I feel I was cheated. I hope there is someone put there that can help me because the loans are not compatible to the education that I received.

0 0

I started at brown Mackie college of Phoenix on 11-30-2009; since I started I have been on the DEANs list and PRESIDENTS list and received a CLASSIC CITIZEN award. I never missed not one single day of school in 14 months, until I was Forced to sit out a month (WILLFUL OBSTRUCTION OF LEARNING) due to the College Surgical Tech Administrator and Head of the Department telling me, "Donna you are going to have to sit out in February 2011 because no one is teaching that class next month and it is no longer a required class to take as credits for your associates degree in surgical technology" I said well put me in a class I need I said back. I don’t want to sit out... She returned with well you are one month ahead of everyone so they have to catch up to you. I said BUT I DONT WANT TO SIT OUT. She said there is really nothing I can do so she walks me to the financial aid Department tells Patti (The Financial aid supervisor) that I need to sit out next month and then she walks away and leaves me with Patti. I said Patti I don’t want to sit out, and I am Very upset I wanted to have perfect attendance through my whole academic career. She said ok you can leave now. So I was dumb founded. So I went to Patrick who works at the registrar’s office and I asked him, what is the next class you have me scheduled for? And he said Pharmacy for the surgical technologist. I said thank you and let. But I was even dumber Founded and totally confused at the fact that I received a phone a phone call about two weeks later from an admissions rep that says Donna I need you to come in and sign a new enrollment agreement. I said WHAT? WHY? She added well you’re no longer enrolled here at brown Mackie Phx and if you want to start your class in two weeks you need to re-enroll. I WAS IN COMPLETE SHOCK. I never dropped out I had my next class scheduled I was so upset. My now PERFECT ATTENDANCE and DEANS LITS was ruined. I made a name for myself at Brown Mackie and everyone who works there knows me. I went back to the college and I looked at the enrollment agreement and I noticed it said a little over 33, 000 as the cost for attendance. I said this is CRAZY it was originally paying 24, 000 now I have to pay 33, 000 she said well if you want to start class in two weeks.. So I felt like I had no choice because I never wanted to take off a month. She also said I need you to fill out this form why you dropped out of school. I SAID I NEVER DROPPED OUT I WAS FORCED TO SIT OUT SO PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT. She said well go ahead and fill this paper out anyway I need to put it in your file cause you are on probation it’s a standard thing that has to do with financial aid when you drop out.. I was pissed here i have this new lady talking down to me like I was a loser cause she thinks I dropped out. NOT CORRECT! FORCED TO WITHDRAW! I went to financial aid and all my aid was messed up now and i had to fill out a new award they charged me for the class i didn’t take but after three months of ### they finally gave me a refund but only for the class and fee not for the book charges. two days later I’m in class and financial aid want to see me so I leave class and Carol said I need you to sign this award I said I did with Patti the other day. Carol said well its wrong so sign this so i did and I went back to class with my copy and i noticed she was trying to rake out a Parent plus loan out on me when I am an independent student. So i went back said I want that original copy I signed, you can’t take a parent loan out on me. She gave me the biggest attitude. I said have the CORRECT award letter a new one and I will come back next break, I went back and told her I will review the new one but I need to get back to class. I will look this one over and bring it back. She said I WILL JUST HAVE YOU PULLED OUT OF CLASS LITERALLY YELLING AT ME WITH THE BIGGEST ATTITUDE, I SAID GO AHEAD BUT RIGHT NOW I AM MISSING OUT ON LEARNING BECAUSE OF YOUR MISTAKE IN THE FIRST PLACE. So on my next break I took my friend tiffany with me to see carol and she was still being rude to me in front of tiffany. I said please don’t get an attitude with me because of the mistakes you made... Tiffany could not believe the nerve of carol treating me that way. I also noticed when I got on my student portal to check my degree audit there were two separate DIFFERENT Degree audits. I was devastated my PERFECT WORLD I had created for myself had been crushed by these people that seemed like they no longer cared about me and my accomplishments of perfect attendance and my G.P.A of 3.69 which now on the portal said 2.80. I didn’t understand what the college had done to my little green progress line to see what I had left till I graduated. I went an spoke to Patrick in registrar, he said I have nothing to do with the portal, talk to bonnie, so I went to bonnie she said you need to log on to the new portal, I said what new portal and she told me. The new portal had no degree audit, and if i wanted to check my financial aid or account summery I had to click in the new portal that took me to the old one... I started having an issue and concerns with the student portal because it said i attempted 4 credits on one portion of the portal and the class was listed as unsuccessful attempt... and then I went to the other degree audit and it said I had changed programs... WHICH I NEVER DID... and it had a different class listed as credits taken credits unsuccessful... for two months I was putting tickets in to talk to someone higher up and I didn’t get much response other than a revolving door. I’m about to rip my hair out cause no one seems to think anything is wrong with my portal. I finally put a complaint into AZ Department of Post-Secondary Education and the President of the school called me and I went to talk to her and told her ALL the issues but I really didn’t get to far other then her apologizing ALOT for everyone at the college. She commented on how detail I am even over people that worked under her. She finally saw my side and realized I was having several problems. But the college and everyone down there have driven me to the point that I don’t even care. They willfully held me from learning they willfully forced me to ruin my 14 months perfect attendance, and my dean’s list. Not to mention I had Pell grant money returned to dept. of education. I feel sabotaged, after all the hard work I put into Brown Mackie Phx I feel they were willfully obstructing me and holding me back in every imaginable way possible :( I was under the understand I was half time cause i took 8 credits in the term but they said I needed to take all 12. Something is not right with what everyone is doing or should I say lack thereof...

Jan 19, 2016 3:19 am

Did this lawsuit ever form? My daughter went to Brown Mackie in Okc and I would like in. My email is [email protected]

Q
Sep 12, 2021 3:19 am

They lied about there name the north canton ohio location is a fraud so glad they closed now I want mine Discharged how you gonna say ur name is the art Institute of Phoenix! I have the proof they called themselves brown Mackie and billed Fasfa under a completely different name each time they signed up students !

1 0
Aug 31, 2015 3:19 am

I was told of a blocked transfer that my whole associate degree would transfer but after my THIRD class I learned that's not true there is no such thing as blocked transfer. Now neither I nor my husband can attend classes at any other school because our financial aid isn't covered and we owe the school money.

If you want to waste money this is the best school to waste your money at

Sep 16, 2014 3:19 am

I went to BMackie, started signing up, I informed them that I was a NAU student, but was very interested in Medical Asst, or Surgi Tech. One of the 5 first questions I asked them was, " will the scrubs, iPad, etc.., be taken out of the first fasfa installment all at once, and would it it eat all the expense money, and leave nothing for gas? ". Infact, I asked several times. Not once did I get a straight answer. I live a distance, and would cost me, a single mom of 4 a lot of money. So it would set me up for fail. Also, one answer I got was" u can always ask for more money". So, it ended up that I went along until my financial aid appt. I finally got to that appt on day 3 Actually day 4. Because I couldn't make it one of those days so I attended 3 days 4hrs long So when I realized the extra money they were talking about, left me $108., to use for gas for 3 months. So before I signed my second financial aid agreement, I walked out, and told them this would not work. Set for fail. I went straight over to NAU, and told em " I'm back. N started day one with them at NAU. Just so happen to be first day at NAU. I felt taken advantage of, and strung along. If somebody had just told me up front, what I had asked about, would there be any left for gas I would not have stayed there at Mackie. I would've known I couldn't financially do it. They knew. They all knew what I was asking, and could've answered. NOW they want to charge me for 3 days I told them when I left maybe I could do this in December, but after that lil ordeal, No Way ! They'll tell you anything to get you signed up. They can't be trusted. Charging me for 3 days is a lil extreme also. That's called mickle & some me to death. [email protected] Plzzzz feel free to contact me.

K

I graduated from BMC-Lenexa in 2004. The same false rumors re: accreditation were flying then. Private colleges are HIGHLY competative. Another private school in the area (one who at the time and still dims in comparrison to BMC) began the rumor and keeps it going. Very sad that you all are having your time wasted with this drama. -Kim Powell Woods

N
Jun 01, 2013 3:19 am

Brown Mackie College is a disgrace to education, they get your money and tell you they are accredited in LPN AND RN but if you try and transfer to get your BSN YOU CANT BECAUSE NO ONE WILL ACCEPT YOU COMING FROM BROWN MACKIE. THEY ARE A FRAUD.

0 0

I am a August 2012 Information Technology grad from BMC-Miami. Even though I graduated at the top of my class with a 3.95 GPA, it turned into one of the worst experiences I've ever had. I felt cheated and misguided on the financial end. As much money as these Financial Aid workers make, more than half of them have no clue on what they're doing. Throughout the two years of school, there was always a issue when it became time for me to complete the re-pack process. Tuition was raised twice if I'm not mistaken while I attended. The money that students received for books changed as well from $400 each quarter to $200. And this was done without any input from the students, which I don't understand. Knowing that these books were nearly $200 each, what could students do needing to buy books for three different courses? Nothing, nothing at all. I too felt like a just a number on the books. After achieving so much, I was so proud of myself keeping a 4.0 until my last four months of school. I was a Honorable Member of the Honor Society, on the President’s List and had perfect attendance. And it was all overshadowed by a out-of-school stipend that I received November 2012. I received a check and 4 months was told that I owe that amount to the school. At first everyone I spoke to could not, I repeat COULD NOT tell me where the check amount came from, why I received it, and now why it is to be paid back to the school. I talked to Head of Financial Aid, Business Office Manager, Student Accounting and still no direct answer. After speaking with several people in corporate, and actually begging for the number because no one acted as if they knew it, I was told that my last re-pack was not done or explained properly because my externship was not covered. If I had known that, don't you think I would have done something different. I didn't have the money to pay out of pocket for my externship. And the school didn't want to take the fault for anything! Saying that, "Well why didn't you call and ask if you could cash the check?". Like are you kidding me? The check clearly states (OUT OF SCHOOL STIPEND)! So clearly I thought it was money owed to ME! It became a lot of ANNOYING calls and emails every few days from the business office. Yet, I feel like I was cheated. BMC Miami had 100 excuses on why I HAD to pay this money back. I've had no help, no apology and now I'm in a runt because the school won't release my transcript so that I can attend a different college. It's not fair. But, representative had the nerve to call and ask if I wanted to go into my Bachelors program at BMC Miami. When I stated I had a balance with the school she told me, "Well that's not a problem, I'm sure you can work that out in the Financial Aid department". Are you serious?!? So BMC Miami can screw me again! I wish I had been a bit more smarter & cautious about picking a college to attend because after seeing all the reviews and complaints against the college, I never would have attended. Every complaint I read was either the same thing that happened to me, or something similar to what my other classmates were going through. I would not promote BMC, would never, ever, ever, ever, ever recommend someone to go here. I loved most of my professors, well the ones that actually took the time out with student concerns, but in those Financial Aid offices and even corporate employees, don't put in the best effort in financial educating their students. If anyone has any info on receiving help with student complaints please email information to me because I need help with this unresolved conflict @ [email protected] Thanks.

0 0

I attended the BM college in Merrillville, IN. for Surgical Tech. I "graduated" in 2007, when I went to sign up to take the AST test to get my certification I was told I could NOT because they are NOT accredited for this program. I have tried other testing places and was told the same thing. Now I am paying back student loans for an "education" I can't even use. If anyone knows of any type of class action law suit please let me know by email at [email protected] Thank you

Oct 30, 2012 3:19 am

guys... none of this should be a shock to you. This is a for a profit school geared towards working adults. No its not gonna be like going to KU or some large university... but it gets the job done and it has an accomdating schedule. The ota program here is certified and accredited and you can sit for your boards, so not sure what happened with other people. I have two friends who graduated from the program and are working as ota's right now and i am currently enrolled and have had no issues with financial aid or my teachers. But having gone to a for profit school before, I knew what to expect.

D

I attended Brown Mackie then Southern Ohio Business college from [protected]. I was literally told by a recruiter that the credits will transfer to other 4 year colleges. I found out after I graduated non of the local 4 year colleges or any other 4 year colleges anywhere take Brown Mackie's credits. Now I'm stuck with about $30, 000 worth of student loans to payback and no job in the field I trained for. I was under-trained anyway. No employers really think much about hiring people from this school. Why do they get to continually air those commercials about how they can improve your life, when actually they made everything worse. It's like a punishment you get for trying to better yourself. Owing student loans is very serious! You pay them the rest of your life. It's worse than owing back taxes or child support. You can't file them in a bankruptcy, they show up all over your credit, if you don't get a deferment you and are delinquent that ruins everything. These are government loans. The government should have stepped in on this one a long time ago and never should have granted that school any money at all. It's unbelievable the amount of money these type of For-Profit Colleges have made over the years. That's probably a big portion of the nations deficit. Well probably not that much, but it is a lot of wasted tax dollars and government spending.

1 0
Aug 21, 2012 3:19 am

I attend BMC Northern Ky location, and have been there 2 years and 6 months on a 2 year program! I will admit to failing 2 classes due to my lack of attendance, but as for the rest, I can not explain why I failed them or have to retake them! The chair of my program is AMAZING and I feel bad for her because I know she can not give answers to questions that she herself is not given answers to! I was scheduled to do my externship back in January and here it is August and I still have not done it and I have 1 class left! When I enrolled at BM, they made it sound great, and there was so much potential in my future (so they said) and I could move further than an associates with them, my externship would be with prestigious law firms, you know..."sky was the limit" and I was doing "big things"! This campus no longer offers the program I am in, yet when you walk down the halls there are BIG signs that advertise the program! I heard an academics advisor yesterday trying to recruit someone into the legal assisting or paralegal program that is no longer offered, so when the recruit gave in and said she would like to do it, the advisor told her they no longer have it but Criminal Justice would be like the same thing! Then the girls falls for it, spends 4 hours doing paper work just to be told that she will have to fix a default loan that she was unaware of before she can start! Why don't they check that first before wasting a persons entire day? Now that I have been there so long, watched students and staff come and go, have been ran through the loop, taken classes that don't make sense, I regret my decision to attend BM! I have done research recently on BM and now that I have learned that my credits are useless, the money and time spent there are useless, I can not get the degree I wanted and employers do not recognize the piece of paper I will receive, I have lost all drive to attend classes but at the same time I have 1 left and feel like I should finish it, but I only do the bare minimum to get by and that is not me! I take pride in my work and assignments (well I did) and I am always wanting to further my education but at this point I would have to start all over again and I am not in a position to do that! So all of the loans I have acquired are going to be hard to pay back because I will not get the job I was striving for and won't make the money I initially intended to! Now BM is forcing ALL students to purchase an ipad for their text books! The school is doing etext and will no longer use books and are requiring all students to have an ipad in replacement of text books! The school is selling them for $650 and it comes with their programs already installed, however you can buy your own else where but regardless the etexts are still being taken out as tuition and it is raising tuition another $20 or so dollars per credit hour so that's another $80 or better per month for book downloads, granted it is cheaper than most text books but you need to buy the ipad first and the days of buying used text books or borrowing a fellow students text are out the window! I would like to know which direction to point my complaints but only the directions that will make a difference and try to change things for future students who are sucked in like I was. So now that I am done venting, here is my list of problems that need answers or explanations:
Tuition increase so often
Credits that do not transfer
Added classes, failing classes or retaking classes with no supporting reason why
Over recruiting
Recruiting for programs not offered
Requiring ipads for texts
Meaningless assignments that do not relate to the course
Not explaining fee's
Doing blended classes when paying to be instructed in a classroom
Meaningless externships
Not being able to place yourself in externship
My list can go on for days, so I will end it there.

Aug 06, 2012 3:19 am

I live in Illinois and my husband and I plan to relocate to St Louis and I was looking into attending Brown Mackie-St Louis. After viewing the various comments, I would like to know if any one has attended the RN program at this campus? If so, what was your experience like? I don't want to get rip off again attending a RN program that turned out to be pure "bull" and owning several thousands of dollars.

R
Aug 03, 2012 3:19 am

I entered the LPN Program at Brown Mackie College in the fall of 2010, and I learned within a few months that they are not affiliated with the board of nursing. All the lpn students went to the supervisor of the program and head of the school to ask if this was true and they told us that they were not but will be in November of 2010. By November, I learned they still were not affiliated even though they said they were, I withdrew from the program knowing that I could never sit before the board of nursing to get my license. I now owe $1600.00 an am considering hiring a lawyer. What a waste of my time! This school is nothing but a marketing scam! I have had countless people, one of which use to work at Brown Mackie, tell me that they lie and deceive students. Be careful what vocational school you choose.

T

As a recent student of Brown Mackie, I have found that the year I spent there is not at all transferable credits the lies and deception from school officials is worse than that of criminals that we lock up, How can the Board of secondary colleges allow such a school to operate under false pretenses, Yet as a student who do you turn to when the money you spend on education is just a waste, not to mention the time one puts into furthering their education. With education of our children and adults alike is at its poorest due to schools like Brown Mackie being allowed to continually operate. Hey Uncle Sam get off your ### and do something, hell I pay my taxes put them to good use and rid us of substandard schools whose degrees don't mean anything to employers. So before you congressmen decide you need another raise look at our schools ripping us off of time and money or is it you got your hand out for the glorious kick back to alow them to continue to operate.

May 29, 2012 3:19 am

I recently graduated from BMC in Michigan city, In I decided to stay on to get my 4yr in the CJ program. I applied for student loans and grants but, the only money I'm getting is just enough to pay for books theres nothing to stipend for living expences. I made it clear to my adviser I need the grants to pay for rent and such. It is my opinion that BMC is stealing student money and covering it up by using loopholes in the loans program and telling student they had to send the money back because of an overlap in classes. The BMC in Michigan city, In also dose not offer day classes for the Bachelors program and dose not intend to.As an educater aren't they obligated to offer day classes?

Apr 16, 2012 3:19 am

I am currently a student at the BMC Louisville campus. I have always carried a 3.7 or higher GPA. I was told that I would be able to take my Bachelor's degree and transfer to get my Master's in Occupational Therapy. I am now four month's away from graduation and (because I did not check and was lied to by admissions) the school I need to transfer for my master's will not take me because my credits do not transfer, I was told that I would have to start all over. I would not have a problem with this but, I have exhausted all of my funds as a undergraduate. So now I'm stuck. My degree is meaningless. My dream of being an Occupational Therapist destroyed.

Mar 13, 2012 3:19 am

February 25, 2012
To Whom it may concern:
I’m a student at Brown Mackie located in Cincinnati Ohio at the Glendale campus.Im in the Practical Nursing program and writing you on behalf of how the program is being ran. I ask that you investigate this program for certain reasons. I have many reasons to believe that the program is being ran incorrectly.
As a student I feel I’m looked at as money instead of a student. The success rate is low. This school has classes in the nursing program that have a 50/50 pass fail rate. To me it would be more logically to examine to class/teacher when students repeatedly fail certain classes. Skills ll(pn1130) hasn’t been successful. Since Oct-Feb this class has had three different teachers and as result was problems and unsuccessful attempts by the students.
In some classes students who fail receive points to pass. Its like the program has pushed students along throughout January 2011 into 2012 present. I feel like if you push "some" students along then push "all” students along. If some students receive points all students should receive points when needed. Check the records. This school teaches the students nurses should be honest. I feel that they need to lead by example and hire honest teachers. This to me shows favoritism and doesn’t display characteristics they tell us to maintain.
I have two children. I have invested too much money, energy and time to be treated like I have been. Every month there is new rules and teachers no stability. The students should be accommodated better than what they are. I feel that if the students had the same teachers the student will feel more comfortable and ultimately succeed. I also don’t like the fact the teachers behave in a child like manner and discuss inappropriate subjects like other students or teachers in front of the students. Students should be able to confide in their teachers not feel threatened or have to worry about hippa violations or personal information leaked.
I feel like I’m being robbed of my money. I feel brown Mackie doesn’t care about the students nor the success of the students. If brown Mackie really cared about the students success the programs success rates would show otherwise. I feel that the medical assistant program should have to maintain a 80 percent overall GPA, instead they have to maintain a 70. When I first started the program I signed a contract with tuition being a set amount as well as the times allowed to fail a class being six. Months into the program students were notified tuition increased and that failure rate decreased. To me that was a way of making money. I felt stuck midway threw the program.
I am as well as other class mates are unhappy student. I feel robbed of my money and belittled like I’m just a pawn to make money. I don’t think the tution, points given out, the instructors, certain classes being pushed along is fair to me. I have never received points nor been pushed along in this program. I asked the records and teachers get reviewed from Jan 2011 to Feb. 2012 present. I feel like I’m trapped and not in a professional setting. This is beyond ridiculous .I feel they need to set a entrance test for nursing students. Why are the students failing midway and towards the end of the programs instead of the beginning? In most schools student drop off that weren’t serious at the start of the program. My dream is to ultimately become a nurse. Please help me do so. This program needs to be looked into.

Thanks

0 0

Misleading, pre meditated due to the fact that they have been around for over 40 years as the parent company quotes... EDMC

Nov 14, 2011 3:19 am

I need to how to get into the lawsuit against BMC. I have graduated and done my intership in Medical Assistant, but when an employer call about me graduating from there, BMC tells them I withdrawn from there. They also want me to pay for my intership and I don't think I should. If anyone is out there that is in on the lawsuit email me. [email protected] thanks

Sep 29, 2011 3:19 am

i am trying to get in on the lawsuit for brown mackie, they are all about the money and not worried about our future. i dropped class for a month to look after my father so they cleared my account and sent me a stimulus check for $199. and now they say i owe them that money, but it's money from my student loan that i have to pay back.why do i have to pay money that belongs to me.i still haven't learned anything from my classes all i had to do was show up and i passed my class.brown mackie is a worthless place to go. i tried to transfer my credits to j.c.c. and i was to they don't want nothing from brown mackie because that's just like not going to school.please send me some info on trying to sue them.

Sep 28, 2011 3:19 am

They told me my books were included too and guess what...they were not. This school is everywhere is bull ### and I paid out my *** for a worthless education. I am too scared to try to get a job due to the fact it is medical and I do not want the responsibility of putting someone at risk because my education was not up to par. I wish I could figure out a way to sue the school...they can have my damn associates degree back...and just get the money back I owe on student loans. Right now, I am so very angry with myself for falling for the crap they said and even more disappointed in myself for continuing to go to a school that I knew was not on the up and up. I just kept thinking it would have to get better...it did not...kept getting worse. I do not know...I know I will never see the money again and I will have to pay the loans back...but, I just wish I could do something so no one else is deprived of a good education. But what? All I can do is tell everyone that is thinking of going there that I meet to run the other way and do not even go in to ask about the school...talk about harrassment...Hopkinsville, Ky Brown Mackie found me in my home town of Marshall, Texas where I was visiting and developed bronchitis and was hospitalized...they called me in the f***ing hospital to make sure I was going to attend school the next week... made myself believe "oh, how nice...a school that cares"...little did I know it was only concern for the green in my pocket. Anyway, I have rambled on enough...I could go on and on too...lol...My advice is to NOT have anything to do with this school what so ever...Please, don't add to the LONG list of angry students

S

I attend the Brown Mackie in Louisville and just found out that they are being investingated and might go bankrupt. There tuton rates increase and allthough you have a signed contract you still have to pay the extra fees. I have only been going there since july and they already want me to take out another 1600 on my student loans. They told me that books were included in the cost and at my last sit down with financial aid they told me that my account went over on book cost and that i needed to pay more money. They took me out of class just so i would have to wait and to be told that i need to pay more money to the school when i asked about making monthly payments she told me that the cost every month would be low and when i asked how much i would have to pay everymonth she told me 345 a month (thats almost my mortgage payment on a 180, 000 home loan) that is not cheap for a 19 year old mother of two. the LPN director left becuase the school wouldnt give student there diploma because they still owed moeny to the school. This is school is a bunch of bull ### and every student who goes there should not have to pay anything back except for there books.

Aug 26, 2011 3:19 am

My daughter is within 2 months of having her associates degree in criminal justice. She talked to her counciler on Monday and signed up to take her classes for her Bachelor's degree and the laTdy gave her a paper with the curriculum list. We went in today to arrange the finances of which we have had to pay every penny, we do not qualify for any assistance. They tell her that 5 of the classes she has already taken and are on the curriculum do not apply. They said that it changed in February, although the counciler admitted she did not know it. They had not updated the paperwork that she was given initially. The only answer that we were given after being handed off to the fourth person was they were sorry and had made a mistake. I don't know if we have any legal options or not, but we were basically told that if she did not want to continue to go somewhere else. The only thing is the credits are not accepted by anyone else! At a total loss of what to do.

Aug 10, 2011 3:19 am

Wait a damn minute do not blame Obama for this! Brown Mackie was in business way before he got in office. He actually been trying to regulate these types of schools! He has received much opposition from the gop why because they are the ones that own the schools! I believe the Koch brothers own stock in the parent company. Get your facts straight before. Making a post next time. Anything that Obama has done to better the life of ordinary people the gop stops it! You don't have to support this president but at least be informed and fair!

Aug 10, 2011 3:19 am

I attended the Brown Mackie College in Boise, Idaho. After a couple of months of classes that I believe were unnecessary I was told I could not take a month off for medical issues. I was charged for those classes that I had to drop and am still paying for them. In the first two months of classes they tried to do 2 tuition hikes which thankfully the students protested. However we were still paying over $1000 per 3 credit class. Some people came in with Associate degrees and they were told most if not all of their classes that they took would not transfer over. We were all made to take a stupid class and pay for it even though credits would not be given. Also I called them on the fact that they promised to be accredited by a certain date and that date lapsed. After having issues with my back from the 50 minute drive there and back plus sitting in a chair all daylong I had to take medical leave. They were not willing to work around it so I could still attend. My Dr. said for my health I had to take time off. I had to drop out of school and am still paying for it to this day. It is a scam, this school allows anyone and everyone in even if they know they can't afford it, or can't do the work. It is very sad that many of us have had to pay to learn a lesson like this. Even our Vet Tech Instructor left before I left the school. She was very uneasy about how everything was playing out with it. Thanks Obama for asking schools like this to pop up and make a quick buck at the expense of voters.

0 0

I agree. However they are being deceptive in alot more ways like u can get a refund just ask them for one by law they they have to its your money. They will do a re pack on you.

Jul 24, 2011 3:19 am

although you are true in your comments regarding brown mackie this is what i've learned it is not the education atleast not at the two locations i've attended. the cincinnati and ft mitchell ky branch. the problem with this school is the way it is run! brown mackie does not tell its students that many schools do not take their credits . they know it and won't give that info because it will ultimatly hurt their bottom line. the reason is that brown mackie and schools like it are nationally accredited by the ACICS and bigger
tech schools and universities are regionally accredited. all this coupled with the fact that it is some kind of un-named war going on between proprietary schools and bigger universities. the universities think they are better but they dont realize the world is changing and more employers are seeking career specific training in these fields especially healthcare but I digress... brown mackie is deceiving its students and that needs to be stopped. also there financial aid packaging i do not agree with they package you for every three months so if something happens beyond your control and you have to leave school ..let's say the second week of the second month they claim they have to pay back your federal aid but then you owe the school for the rest of that three months so in reality you pay the school for time they did not teach you and i think thats BS! I have gotten my degree at brown mackie in medical assisting and in some ways I know more than a LPN and it is an accomplishment so do not think its not worth much! your degree noone can take away! the problem arrise when those of us students that want to further their education and/or credentials cant because of accredidation. its fine for those who stops here. I was not one of these students i have a bigger dream thus a bigger goal! I have serious issues with this school even down to how they do the externships. Im a vet. because of my daughters illness's and this schools policies I am over 30 grand in the whole and 6 years of my life to get a two year degree! that is unacceptable but things wont change unless we change it! first I suggest everyone find the organization that regulates the propreitary schools in your area call your state board of ed or board of regents complain through them first then lets take it to the streets! I can be reached on this thread

M

I would absolutely be on board with pursuing legal action against! I got my "Associates degree" in Applied Science with a focus on Pharmacy Technician certification. Too bad no one at BMC would tell you that all you need to get certified as a Pharmacy Tech is to by a book from Amazon.com that costs about $60, study until you know it all very well, then pay another $135 to take the National certification test. So what does that total out to, just under $200? Versus the $28, 000 I now owe the government in student loans to pay those frauds? Anyone thinking about going to BMC, please reconsider. People used to look down on community college students, but they look down even further on the degrees that come out of these ridiculous schools. I, too, just started back to school at the local state college, and guess what? They don't accept BMC credits...of course, I was kind of almost expecting it. Another girl I was in class with started looking into moving on to another school after she did her 2 years at BMC, and was told the same thing. So, that 2 years might as well be flushed down the toilet, along with my tuition, because that's all it's worth.
If anyone who has written here is serious about pursuing legal action against BMC, please feel free to contact me @ [email protected] I would be ecstatic to give my sworn testimony against them for making so many promises that just weren't true at all.

0 0

i agree phx has the same issue but i got proof.. the president of the school was so apologetic to me. but its not good enough..

R

I am not a student at BMC but a student at a competing college in Indiana. BMC has a big lawsuit against them in 11 different states including Indiana. Just google it! Most regionally accredited schools will not accept credits from any "for profit" school. I'm sure it was probably in the "fine print" on the paperwork you signed.

Jul 12, 2011 3:19 am

I am currently a student @ BMC-Louisville. Sadly, people continue to come up with negative accusations against this school when most haven't stayed around long enough to give an opinion or criticism that's worth anything other than spit.

Before criticizing the College for things that are for the most part, false; consider actually attending the school longer than a week. On this page, I have read people complaining about not knowing what book to purchase, complaining about instructor history, etc. For goodness sake, are you too lazy to go to the bookstore and ask the price of the book for your next course? If your next class in English 1, then by God your book would be for Literature. It's probably best you're not in this institution considering you can't put two and two together as to what book to buy for what class. As for instructors, I have went out of my way to do research on the instructors in which I have. For example, recently my instructor for Business Ethics had FOUR DEGREE's linked to the Business & Professional World. These degree's were rewarded from multiple Universities including UofL, Presbyterian Seminary, etc. Are you telling me that someone who holds FOUR DEGREE's in Business is not qualified for his post?

The fact remains that BMC-Louisville has an open-enrollment policy meaning they basically accept just about anyone who can meet the financial requirements of the school (coming to terms on a payment plan w/ financial aid). Now, with this type of system comes a high drop out rate. Just like you would see at any Community College, etc. In other words, I can understand where criticism and harsh verbal slander comes about considering the percentage of dropouts at the school are very high.

How come no one on this page has brought up the fact that the school is expanding at a rate in which it will outgrow the University of Louisville within the next five years? The College has just debuted a new building on campus that provides plenty of new space, lecture rooms, etc. Also, within the next year, the Pilot's Association will be re-locating which will vacate another floor's worth of rooms and space. Everyone is quick to complain, but quite to compliment.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]

DUDE, I ATTENDED THE SCHOOL FOR TWO YEARS AND GRADUATED WITH A DEGREE THAT WOULD BE WORTH MORE IF I HAD GOTTEN IT OUT OF A CEREAL BOX...AND CHEAPER TOO IF I HAD! I AGREE WITH ALL OF THIS BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN IT...I AM NOT A YOUNG KID ATTENDING SCHOOL...I AM 47 AND WENT FOR AN EDUCATION AND ONLY GOT EDUCATED IN THE ART OF DECEPTION BY A SCHOOL. SO, YOUR ATTENDING THE SCHOOL, JAMES? DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR AND GET OUT BEFORE YOU ARE A VICTIM AS WELL. GOOD DAY.

Jul 12, 2011 3:19 am

I was just checking on this and came upon your site. I feel like it was a waste of my time to attend this over priced college. I would be very interested in a law suit against them. The things I discovered over the two years I attended about the school in Hopkinsville, Kentucky discouraged me from even seeking employment in fear of failing since they did not teach me the things I needed in the work place. How could they after all? I was being taught by people that did not have a degree nor work experience. One of our teachers, Mrs. Kulenback, was sent to college to get a freaking degree and she flunked out...she is still teaching. I am angry as hell that they lied to me when I enrolled and now I have thousands of dollars in student loans with an education that means nothing. Hell, the people in Hopkinsville will laugh at you when you apply for a job at their clinics and the resume goes right in the trash. Their reputation is just terrible and I know why. I feel like I paid a lot and got nothing in return. Please keep me informed on this and I am investigating it as I type because I am disgusted about the whole thing and hope that I can prevent it from happening over and over to future students. Thank you.
Anita Nugent

E
Dec 11, 2021 3:19 am

Anita, PLEASE email me at [email protected] I was a student here too. Thanks!

Jul 07, 2011 3:19 am

I'm from the Phoenix Location of Brown Mackie College...I have been at the school since Dec 2010. Since the time I wanked through the door I have been lied t0. I was told that the school was accredited and i would have no problem transfering my credit to another school. I understand transfering of credit would be my General Courses such as Eng, math etc..the other classes are up to the other schools descretion. What I was not told was the Brown Mackie College of Phoenix is only National not Regional, which when i signed up I was told they had both. I have talked to other schools and universities about this and they told me "sorry we cant use your credits"... My plan and goal was to finish my BS with Brown Mackie and then transfer to ASU Law. I now have a set back of 1 year because they did not disclose this information to me, nor did they disclose that when startesd even though I asked if their Accredidation was in good standing, they did not have accredidation in Dec and recieved their accrediation Jan 2011. Im tried of these schools not telling the truth so we all register with them so they can recieve the thousands of dollars and we become indebut with a degree that is useless. Im thinking of bring a class action together in Phoenix. What you think?

0 0

I am a current BMC student in Indianapolis and I agree with most of you. Before I could start my business program, I was enrolled in a math course which was o.k. because I need the refreshment course (me being out of school over 13yrs). the teacher I had was VERY rude and had no "people" skills. When we didn't inderstand something, she would get upset and try to belittle us ny making snide comments saying "what is there not to get?" or "you should of learned this in 6th grade" and even fixed her mouth to say "I'm a biology major, not a math major, it's your money, I don't care if you show up or not, my job is secure". When complaining I was told I could not change classses, I would have to accept whatever grade she gave me, and that I would still owe my balance of 3000.oo plus! I am repulsed at the fact they call themselves a school. And when I do get my H.R. degree, I will hire no one from that school. Just kidding, anybody who can stick it out there, definitely deserves a job because they have already been through the worst!
p.s. If you like the smell of weed smoke and hot piss, this school is perfect for you!

Jun 08, 2011 3:19 am

Yes I have terrible experiences at brown mackie but it is the administration not the course.work. It is how they run the school that's the issue. If you were not smart or capable to understand concepts you would not pass brown Mackie programs. It is an accelerated program. I would not recommend the school because of the way its run not what you are required to learn. As a graduate of the MA program I know as much if not more than a lpn. And the associates degree cannot be taken from you! Employers do not discriminate on where you went you must pass certain criteria to even get the degree as per my state of ohiothe reason. Many schools that don't take brown Mackie credits is not because of the coursework but because brown Mackie is on non traditional semesters and work gets crammed in 1month instead of the normal 3month several classesyou do at another school. Look I know this school inside and out and certainly no advocate but I believe in being honest and im hearing too many speculations that have no truth to them

Jun 08, 2011 3:19 am

I wish I had known all this before I enrolled my grandson in BMC. They are screwing him over like all the rest of these people. We have found out his Associates Degree will be worthless when he graduates. We have been trying to get his student loan money for over a month now. They have a phantom hold on it. We went last week to straighten it out and found out they had dropped him from class because he hadn't attended classes. The Academic Advisor said it would be straightened out by Monday. As of today it's still on hold and says he was dropped. Someone please tell me how this can happen when we sat there and signed the papers and they said all he had to do was go to class that night. We have found out that none of his classes will transfer to another college and employers won't hire because of going to BMC. Now he has to start all over again. All they have done is lie about things. This is the biggest bunch of bs. They need to be stopped. I would be happy to join a lawsuit against them.

Jun 03, 2011 3:19 am

I went to Brown Mackie college Louisville. Whatever you do do not go their to the Nursing Program. Beware ! I was logged into Kindred Hospital when I wasn't even there because Mrs. Stamper let us go early. Mrs. Huey is a liar and she will do anything to make you look bad in front of the nursing board after she dismisses you and has no problem coming up with lies to get you dismissed. I am in the process of filing a lawsuit for the forgery and fraud done to my name in Louisville and my grandmother is sending me to a University for my RN that has a 100 percent pass rate. I haven't gotten my dismissal letter for sure yet but I left to better myself. To add to this the people that go their are disgusting. I wouldn't want them taking care of my family members. The people I worked with that came from their where total dumb ###. The girl that hired me at the company I worked for went on because she was ashamed of her education their. Mrs. Huey likes to say her program is the best. If it is why am I a A/B student at accredited schools but I was in my last three months and couldn't even write a nurses note? Then when I told them I told three teachers she goes you should have come to me? What are the teachers their for? To forge your name like they do? If you aren't "Black" watch out Mrs. Huey will lie, and do whatever she can to get you in trouble. That is who she is their for the blacks. And half can't even read.

Mar 17, 2011 3:19 am

Hi, I just signed up for Remington College about a month ago, and this week of 03/14/2011, to take a course for Human Resources.I told my student advisor to prompt me on (APA Style format)and so she did.What about today I had them to call me and tell me that, because my so-called instructor (PAMELA KING), spent a little time on the phone with me so I could write down the directions, said that I should take some computer classes and start school for the month of April.This is to REEAN BILU, I can work my computer just fine, and furthermore, why in the hell did (REMINGTON COLLEGE) take my personal information and then tell me some [censor] like that.I want to know what I can do to find out if they will receive any grants for me and what can I do about it.
E-mail me: [email protected]
THANKS, S.C.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

52 complaints