Brown Mackie CollegeLies and deception

C Review updated:

I am looking for others who would like to look in to a class action lawsuit against brown mackie. I complained to the president and they dropped me from the school and now say i owe them 1, 700 more dollars on top of the 2, 700 i have already given them for just one semester, i only attended one class and there is a very long list of things i have been lied to about. Lets all get together and work to get our money back!! Feel free to e-mail me your story or complaint if you to are attending the lenexa, kansas bmc [protected]@yahoo.com

BMCOTA Oct 29, 2009

I am being told that after I finish my OTA program at Brown Mackie in Louisville Kentucky that I may not be able to sit to take my boards because we aren't accredited. I am paying 363 dollars a credit hour and possibly for no good reason. I may have a paper at the end that says I took the classes and passed...but i may not be able to get my COTA..one of my friends just got expelled today because she seems to ask too many questions and doesn't follow chain of command for contacting people with questions. Our OTA chair said we are not to contact our teacher, dean, or president. If we had a problem we were to talk to her and no one else. I feel like we are being scammed and that all my hopes for a better future are being taken away. I will check back on this site. I'd like to know what happens with you.

• It
    ITA Nov 22, 2009

I am looking for others that have had a terrible exprience or felt that the cirruculim did not own up to its advertisement. Please email me at [email protected] In the beginning stages of filing formal comaplaint against the school. Mostly looking for individuals that have exprienced unsatifactory behavior from admin staff. But other info would be reviewed.

BMCLPN Dec 20, 2009

Is this just the OTA program ? I am in the nursing program at BMC Louisville, if they aren't accredited and I can't sit for my board, I am filing a lawsuit.

• Bi
    bigboy 2000 Dec 30, 2009

I almost made the same mistake as you guys. That mistake would have been attending BMC. However, I am familiar with the Louisville campus and how they conduct business. A few questions for you guys to ask would be: Why does my financial aide paperwork reflect that I am receiving room and board? How can a professor teach college level classes and not have a degree? How can a person selling college not have a degree? Why won't the school tell me what books I will need for future classes so that I can buy them cheaper on-line (greedy)? From time to time why does one of the people "selling" education let his dog run around the office interupting interviews? Why are the classes so crowded? What happened to the President and HR Manager? Why is BMC Louisville being sued by employees as well as students? And last, but, definitely not least what exactly am I paying for? You would be surprised how much some of the people in that establishment make off of you guys! You are just a number. I REPEAT! YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER! They have a certain number of students to enroll every month. The more students they enroll the higher the raises/bonuses employees receive. So, hurry and sign up so they can drain your bank accounts and your finacial aide. In return you will get that worthless 2 yr associates. Louisville BMC students and potential students (Lord help you guys) remember chances are the staff and faculty that are guiding you throughout your experience lack the creditials to do so. LMAO. If only the late great WHAS-11 investigator Chuck Olmstead were still alive. He would get to the bottom of it all.

• Hi
    hiding for safety Mar 31, 2010

I am interested in taking legal action against BMC-Kansas City. I was told that my program was accredited which is true. In saying this the Human Resource in my attempted career because it is BMC will not hire. I was also mistreated because I have choses to transfer I used another reason for obvious reason. I will agree most of the instructors are nice but, I have come across two who are racist and refuse to teach students from an certain ethic race. The reason were "they do not believe in giving A's to student because noone is perfect and a perfect student could not help the public". I had a female teacher who did not answer my questions. Dock my points attempted to mess up my student aid. Her manager who is supposed to give me a grade change cannot be found. I cannot get any answers. The male teacher who is supposed to be a preacher said the F word in class no, not fun the other one. It seem as if BMC is a gimmic. I am willing to take action. Please find a lawyer who will submit a nationwide survey of people who have or are being taken by BMC. I am not afraid but, I like to have my ducks in a row. In saying this please find a lawyer who can find get a court order to contact all students (current) and (former) who may have been taken advantage of by BMC. We may wish to contact Obama on these issues this will place and end to the phoney colleges and stealing the governments money there has to be a law even if they claim they are accredited. Here a few University of Phoenix, and Brown Mackie college of Kansas City, Louiville Ky. Lets banned together I am game! Just maybe we will receive some compensation our tuition and what we could have earned had we all graduated from a real college. God Bless and I am game. I had fraudulant schools who do they think they are. This has to go national. 1. First contact the Obama, or someone in government (Sallie Mae) (Citi) Bank of America. 2. Contact a lawyer 3. Get a court order for notices to go out to all current and former students. We will when a class action suit and close BMC. This will encourage other phoney ran institutions to get it together or else the same will happen to you. I am certain if the government found out that BMC was doing this something would be done. But stay away from Missouri lawyers most of them can be bribed.

• Ah
    a honest staff at BMC Apr 09, 2010

I am NOT a BMC student but I have been working for BMC almost two years now. I have to agree that it is NOT a college you would like to attend if you are a serious student. as one of the staff at BMC, I would say it is a very abusive working environment in term of dealing with the BMC students. General speaking our students are very rude and if they cannot get their ways, for instance a higher grade, they will complain to the Dean of Academic Affairs, and then the instructors will be forced to change the grade - even though we all know (including the student who filed the complaint) the student is failing. The instructor will have to do that if he or she wants to keep his/her jobs. There was a time when a student used her cell phone VERY LOUD in the room, I came to her and asked her to use her phone in the hallway. She raised her voice, and said "Bold ###!" to my face. I certainly couldn't say anything because I cannot afford to lose my job. Students are NOT allowed to eat and drink in the classrooms, but they do that anyway because they know we cannot stop them. SO the computers and keyboar are EXTREMELY dirty. Students are the "bread making machine" - so all the staff have to please them no matter what.
    Yes it is not a place you would like to get your worthless education. Please go somewhere elase - community colleges. - my honestl advice.

• Tm
    tmw33 Apr 21, 2010

I am a recent grad of the Brown Mackie- Atlanta OTA program. Although I did graduate with a degree and the school did get its accreditation, my expierence with BMC was not very pleasant. Since the first week I registered at the school there were problems and situations. First, the Dean went over my transcripts to tell me which classes the school was going to accept. It was decided I only needed to take 4 classes before I could apply to the OTA program. After I started my first class I am told that 5 of my previously accepted classes are no longer going to be accepted. Of course I complained to the Dean and the problem was fixed through several phone calls to the corporate office in PA. Many of the Admin workers were good to me so I have no complaints about them. My problems are with how the school is operated. They spend more time and emphasis on collecting money and raising revenue than they do education. We didn't have proper supplies for our classes. Paying lab fees when we didn't have a lab. Always scrambling to find instructors, often resulting in our Dept Head( great lady) teaching us. This of course took away from her trying to get our accreditation. ALWAYS ALWAYS problems with tuition. Almost every classmate has a story about how the school overcharged or didn't correctly credit payments. Often students were told they owed one amount then they get there with payment just to be told they owed more. This happen to me 3x in 2 months. Our valedictorian was told she owed X amount of dollars or she was going to be dropped. Her dad payed the total tuition but wanted a letter stating there was a 0 balance. When it came time to graduate they told her she owed $4000. And at first said they were not going to accept the letter THEY wrote showing a 0 balance. I could go on about the horror stories of how the school is always trying to rip the students off.

• Do
    Dooped1 Aug 12, 2010

I am a current OTA student at BMC-Louisville. From day one I have been completely dedicated to my education, making the President's and Dean's lists every quarter. I am in my 8th month and went in to financial aid yesterday in order to "repackage". Out of the blue I had an admin come into the appointment to tell me that there was no need to repackage for October, because I have to sit out for 5 MONTHS! I felt like I was hit by a mack truck! NOBODY had mentioned this to in the beginning! The admin had absolutely no sympathy for my situation, even saying, "well, it could be worse". I went to class straight from the interview crying my eyes out. I felt robbed. I am a model student at Brown Mackie and prior to yesterday I had absolutely no complaints. Now I feel humiliated and betrayed by the institution.

• Pl
    plp2010 Sep 02, 2010

I am currently a student @ BMC-Louisville. I have had my share of difficulties with BMC. As far as the post about sticking around, I am in my 14th class. So I have seen what goes on. I am currently contacting an attorney about my legal rights as a student. I was lied to about what kind of certification I would recieve upon graduation and now I am being given the run around about my pell grant that I was approved for back in april 2010. It is now September 2010 and when I asked about it Jamar at the front desk replies that I can send an e-mail to corporate office and have them send it on down. When I asked for the corporate office phone number, no one would give it to me. Red Flag!!! They are not allowed to give out the number and most staff do not even have the number. I have attended College before at Sullivan and did not have any problems. I also have a Business Degree. This is not how a legit business is run. Not unless you have something to hide. Brown Mackie does not allow you to get books early because they do not want you going elsewhere to get your books. They lose money. As far as the room and board? I was unaware that I was being charged for that seeing that I chose to live off campus. But I will be checking on that. I have gone too far to turn back now. I will repost a comment as I speak with attorneys about our rights as students.

Steeevo Sep 02, 2010

If anybody comes up with anything please contact me at [email protected]

• Be
    Becca1575 May 30, 2019

@Steeevo I also attended BMC but in Tucson. I walked for graduation but never received my degree. We were told that we needed to apply for more loans to take an additional class of Microbiology and pay for books. They tested us on Fridays after our externship with mostly Micro questions that were never taught. Several of us did not take out anymore loans or buy books. I "graduated " in 2011. My student loans have crippled me financially. I am hoping that FedLoans or the Dept of Education relieves us from this debt. BMC was dishonest and saw me as a cash cow . I was a single mother at the time. I hope something happens soon.

• Ct
    ctaye Sep 03, 2010

I am a brown mackie student in northern ky. they are unorganized, they even lied to me about being accredited. they didn't get accredited until about my sixth month there. i came to learn, not me spoken to like a 6year old. unprofessional, not very pleasant, greedy, and school of lies and deception. after im done with the nursing program im never returning for my rn.

• E0
    E' lena Sep 17, 2010

@ Steeevo, If you find an attorney who is willing to take on your case there please let me know. I am trying to find an attorney myself in Louisville who is willing to take this fake college on. I have contacted the FBI because there is definately something shady going on with the financial aid office and how instructors tell students to sign in the attendance book so that the school can keep getting financial aid for a student who is not there. Do you mind me asking what program you are taking? I am in the PN program myself and I have seen so unbelieveable things go on there. I use to be an instructor myself at HI- Tech instutute and Remington college in TN and I know this is not how business is suppose to be conducted. If you are serious about what you have to say call the FBI in louisville and lets get these people shut down. You can contact me at [email protected], if you have any suggestions or an attorney name that is willing to help. Thanks and good luck.

No time for foolishness Nov 20, 2010

Wow everything that has been said is so true!! The one who talk positive about this college clearly must work with them! You go to this lame ****** school and let them get your money then we'll see ya bump!!

• Pm
    pmiles Nov 22, 2010

I am a current student at BMC-Kansas City. There has certainly been plenty of questionable things along the way. However, for the OTA people out there...you can go to www.aota.org and check the accredidation of your school. I just checked it. Kansas City, Salina, Atlanta, Louisville, and many more of the Brown Mackies show now as being accredited. From what I understand it falls under the grandfather law. If you attended and graduated from the school under the approved curriculum, you should being able to go through with certification.

• Ca
    Carebear1982 Dec 16, 2010

I am 5 months into my Nursing classes at Brown Mackie Louisville Kentucky. Please whatever you do, do not attend this school. They will do whatever they can to get every dollar they can out of you and will lie cheat and steal to get it. I am a straight A student and always have been I moved across country to attend this school and they lied to me from day one. Telling me classes would transfer and that my financial aid would cover the price of the program. The people that go there are disgusting. I can't even believe that they are going to be nurses or anything else. Very low classed environment. I have to pay them 3, 000.00 out of pocket for a mistake that financial aid made. Thank god I have the money, but what if I wouldn't have? They don't care. I have seen financial aid screw so many people I can't even count them all. None of them are still there either they just move on to the next class of suckers. All they care about is money and if you are a dollar short of paying they have no problem throwing you out of school their mistake or not! Go to a real school! I got a better education at 81 dollars an hour than I ever got from their 365 an hour. Also they are not regionally accredited but they are accredited. I am just glad I am taking a bridge class to my RN after I'm done with this joke of a school. I am truly ashamed to have my name associated with it and glad I won't be writing it on applications. Everyone in Louisville knows it's a joke including employers.

• Kn
    KNSeals Dec 16, 2010

I now owe them over $20, 000 for my associates degree in medical assisting that means absolutely NOTHING. I didn't even learn enough to pass my certification test that I had to pay $90 out of pocket for! Now I have to take it until I pass it! I had no idea at the beginning that not one of my classes would transfer to another college for my RN program. Now I have to take ALL of the classes over! I would very much like to get in on the lawsuit against them and have the money I owe BMC forgiven.

• Mi
    MISS.C Jan 28, 2011

I ATTENDED BMC IN MIAMI, FL FOR 2 YEARS FOR MY ASSOCIATES DEGREE IN THE MEDICAL PROGRAM. I JUST FINISHED ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO AND WAS TOLD THAT BMC WAS AN ACCREDITED SCHOOL AND ALSO GIVEN A LIST OF THE SCHOOLS THAT ACCEPTS BMC S CREDITS. I SIGNED UP AT FIU THIS WEEK FOR THE RN BACHELORS PROGRAM AND WAS TOLD THAT BMC IS NOT AN ACCREDITED SCHOOL SO I WOULD HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH AND GET MY ASSOCIATES AGAIN AND THEN MY BACHELORS. I WAS VERY PISSED TO HEAR THIS NEWS BECAUSE FOR THOSE TWO YEARS I HAVE WORKED MY *** OFF TO FURTHER MYSELF AND NOW I WASTED TWO YEARS OF MY LIFE FOR NOTHING! WHICH I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF ONE AND HAVE A SICK MOTHER. ITS REALLY SAD HOW US AS YOUNG PEOPLE TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING OF OURSELVES GET TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF FROM PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY WANT NOTHING FOR THE BEST FOR OUR FUTURE. IN THE END ITS VERY UPSETTING BECAUSE NOW I OWE THE SCHOOL 27, 000 BACK WHICH I FEEL THAT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY BECAUSE I DIDN'T GET NOTHING FROM IT. I AM GOING TO TAKE THE STEPS IN FILING A LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM.

starr12 Feb 02, 2011

I am a student at BMC Cincinnati campus.when I first starte I was attending the northern KY campus back when it was still southern ohio college. This school definitely needs to be investigated. I started my Med assistant program in 2002 I was a very good student then in 03 my daughter needed surgery. So I asked for a Med leave they said no sign in so you wont lose your financial aid. I had told them about the surgery long before but they rather force me to stay. My daughter had two surgeries after that and because of their policies I got administratively dropped. After some time I came back and tried to do it again but end up getting dropped by administration again then came back in 08 and was OK but my daughter got diagnosed with lupus and of course I had to leave again but this time they said because I was packaged for three months and only attended one I would have to pay the school back for the two months I did not not attend so this school thinks its OK to be paid for time a student is not being instructed.then I finally started my external June of 10 and had to start late because the site they had for me cancelled I got into another site and was getting hrs. But not enough then I started getting more hours but the coordinator from the school said I did not have time to finish and told me not to return I should have hasd two two week extentions but was not given a chance to utilize none of them . When I complained I was told that I had gotten kicked off of the site for a no call no show which is a total lie and I call the sitye and they said they never kicked me off and because of this lie I was forced to come back in to a new program where I was forced to take this college algebra class that I should not have had to take so brown mackie. Has gotten more money from me because of a lie.I was threatened by the dean to not make them lose that site by asking about this. Now I have finished my algebra class and brown mackie refuses to find me a site. This is ridiculous and I will bring this school down first thing is to complain to the accrediting body and that's just what I will do this school is a predator

• Br
    Brown Mackie Student Feb 03, 2011

To those of you that are attending the OTA program in Louisville Ky, it is accredited. I was worried and looked it up under www.aota.org and only two schools in louisville have an accredited OTA program. The other one is Jefferson Community College and the accreditation for the OTA program there has been put on probation. If you have concerns go to that web site because they are who you sit in front of for your certification so they are the only opinion that matter. Hope that helps any OTA students who are concerned.

BMCjadedLPN Feb 09, 2011

I attended BMC's LPN program in N. Canton, Ohio. I graduated. Now I am trying to bridge to RN at Stark State College ad they are saying that BMC overcharged my financial aide and I won't be able to get student loans for this semester. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Dr
    DrSinisterr69 Feb 16, 2011

To all the people that have posted here and other websites about BMC, THANK YOU!!! My girlfriend was going to attend BMC in North Canton, Ohio. But after reading the many posts here and on other websites, we canceled her enrollment!! We would actually had to pay additional money, on top of FA and maxing out the amount she could borrow thru student loans for her to go there. We were lied to numerous times. Less than a week after she began to sign up, her assigned FA Rep quit. She is now going to enroll in Stark State Technical College, where the per credit hour price is less than half the price of BMC, and she will get credit hours that will transfer almost anywhere. BMC's should not be able to operate, they provide no quality education nor serve any purpose in helping people get a quality education. If you are considering going to school, stay away from these For Profit schools, they are a rip-off!!!

• Tr
    trishknna Mar 09, 2011

I recently completed my Associate's Degree in Business at the Brown Mackie college in Akron, Ohio and applied at the University of Akron for my Bachelor's degree and was told I can not transfer any of my credits. I was very clear when I enrolled at Brown Mackie that I i intended on attending The University of Akron and I was assured my credits would transfer. I feel I was lied to in order to get me to attend their college and I now have to start all over. I have many other issues and would be interested in speaking with individuals concerning a lawsuit.

• Mi
    Mizzez Mar 17, 2011

Hi, I just signed up for Remington College about a month ago, and this week of 03/14/2011, to take a course for Human Resources.I told my student advisor to prompt me on (APA Style format)and so she did.What about today I had them to call me and tell me that, because my so-called instructor (PAMELA KING), spent a little time on the phone with me so I could write down the directions, said that I should take some computer classes and start school for the month of April.This is to REEAN BILU, I can work my computer just fine, and furthermore, why in the hell did (REMINGTON COLLEGE) take my personal information and then tell me some [censor] like that.I want to know what I can do to find out if they will receive any grants for me and what can I do about it.
    E-mail me: [email protected]
    THANKS, S.C.

• Ca
    Carolyn1982 Jun 03, 2011

I went to Brown Mackie college Louisville. Whatever you do do not go their to the Nursing Program. Beware ! I was logged into Kindred Hospital when I wasn't even there because Mrs. Stamper let us go early. Mrs. Huey is a liar and she will do anything to make you look bad in front of the nursing board after she dismisses you and has no problem coming up with lies to get you dismissed. I am in the process of filing a lawsuit for the forgery and fraud done to my name in Louisville and my grandmother is sending me to a University for my RN that has a 100 percent pass rate. I haven't gotten my dismissal letter for sure yet but I left to better myself. To add to this the people that go their are disgusting. I wouldn't want them taking care of my family members. The people I worked with that came from their where total dumb ###. The girl that hired me at the company I worked for went on because she was ashamed of her education their. Mrs. Huey likes to say her program is the best. If it is why am I a A/B student at accredited schools but I was in my last three months and couldn't even write a nurses note? Then when I told them I told three teachers she goes you should have come to me? What are the teachers their for? To forge your name like they do? If you aren't "Black" watch out Mrs. Huey will lie, and do whatever she can to get you in trouble. That is who she is their for the blacks. And half can't even read.

• Ci
    cibrc Jun 08, 2011

I wish I had known all this before I enrolled my grandson in BMC. They are screwing him over like all the rest of these people. We have found out his Associates Degree will be worthless when he graduates. We have been trying to get his student loan money for over a month now. They have a phantom hold on it. We went last week to straighten it out and found out they had dropped him from class because he hadn't attended classes. The Academic Advisor said it would be straightened out by Monday. As of today it's still on hold and says he was dropped. Someone please tell me how this can happen when we sat there and signed the papers and they said all he had to do was go to class that night. We have found out that none of his classes will transfer to another college and employers won't hire because of going to BMC. Now he has to start all over again. All they have done is lie about things. This is the biggest bunch of bs. They need to be stopped. I would be happy to join a lawsuit against them.

starr12 Jun 08, 2011

Yes I have terrible experiences at brown mackie but it is the administration not the course.work. It is how they run the school that's the issue. If you were not smart or capable to understand concepts you would not pass brown Mackie programs. It is an accelerated program. I would not recommend the school because of the way its run not what you are required to learn. As a graduate of the MA program I know as much if not more than a lpn. And the associates degree cannot be taken from you! Employers do not discriminate on where you went you must pass certain criteria to even get the degree as per my state of ohiothe reason. Many schools that don't take brown Mackie credits is not because of the coursework but because brown Mackie is on non traditional semesters and work gets crammed in 1month instead of the normal 3month several classesyou do at another school. Look I know this school inside and out and certainly no advocate but I believe in being honest and im hearing too many speculations that have no truth to them

• Tr
    Truthfully Spoken Jun 29, 2011

I am a current BMC student in Indianapolis and I agree with most of you. Before I could start my business program, I was enrolled in a math course which was o.k. because I need the refreshment course (me being out of school over 13yrs). the teacher I had was VERY rude and had no "people" skills. When we didn't inderstand something, she would get upset and try to belittle us ny making snide comments saying "what is there not to get?" or "you should of learned this in 6th grade" and even fixed her mouth to say "I'm a biology major, not a math major, it's your money, I don't care if you show up or not, my job is secure". When complaining I was told I could not change classses, I would have to accept whatever grade she gave me, and that I would still owe my balance of 3000.oo plus! I am repulsed at the fact they call themselves a school. And when I do get my H.R. degree, I will hire no one from that school. Just kidding, anybody who can stick it out there, definitely deserves a job because they have already been through the worst!
    p.s. If you like the smell of weed smoke and hot piss, this school is perfect for you!

• Cr
    Crystal B1979 Jul 07, 2011

I'm from the Phoenix Location of Brown Mackie College...I have been at the school since Dec 2010. Since the time I wanked through the door I have been lied t0. I was told that the school was accredited and i would have no problem transfering my credit to another school. I understand transfering of credit would be my General Courses such as Eng, math etc..the other classes are up to the other schools descretion. What I was not told was the Brown Mackie College of Phoenix is only National not Regional, which when i signed up I was told they had both. I have talked to other schools and universities about this and they told me "sorry we cant use your credits"... My plan and goal was to finish my BS with Brown Mackie and then transfer to ASU Law. I now have a set back of 1 year because they did not disclose this information to me, nor did they disclose that when startesd even though I asked if their Accredidation was in good standing, they did not have accredidation in Dec and recieved their accrediation Jan 2011. Im tried of these schools not telling the truth so we all register with them so they can recieve the thousands of dollars and we become indebut with a degree that is useless. Im thinking of bring a class action together in Phoenix. What you think?

Anita Nugent Jul 12, 2011

I was just checking on this and came upon your site. I feel like it was a waste of my time to attend this over priced college. I would be very interested in a law suit against them. The things I discovered over the two years I attended about the school in Hopkinsville, Kentucky discouraged me from even seeking employment in fear of failing since they did not teach me the things I needed in the work place. How could they after all? I was being taught by people that did not have a degree nor work experience. One of our teachers, Mrs. Kulenback, was sent to college to get a freaking degree and she flunked out...she is still teaching. I am angry as hell that they lied to me when I enrolled and now I have thousands of dollars in student loans with an education that means nothing. Hell, the people in Hopkinsville will laugh at you when you apply for a job at their clinics and the resume goes right in the trash. Their reputation is just terrible and I know why. I feel like I paid a lot and got nothing in return. Please keep me informed on this and I am investigating it as I type because I am disgusted about the whole thing and hope that I can prevent it from happening over and over to future students. Thank you.
    Anita Nugent

Anita Nugent Jul 12, 2011

I am currently a student @ BMC-Louisville. Sadly, people continue to come up with negative accusations against this school when most haven't stayed around long enough to give an opinion or criticism that's worth anything other than spit.

Before criticizing the College for things that are for the most part, false; consider actually attending the school longer than a week. On this page, I have read people complaining about not knowing what book to purchase, complaining about instructor history, etc. For goodness sake, are you too lazy to go to the bookstore and ask the price of the book for your next course? If your next class in English 1, then by God your book would be for Literature. It's probably best you're not in this institution considering you can't put two and two together as to what book to buy for what class. As for instructors, I have went out of my way to do research on the instructors in which I have. For example, recently my instructor for Business Ethics had FOUR DEGREE's linked to the Business & Professional World. These degree's were rewarded from multiple Universities including UofL, Presbyterian Seminary, etc. Are you telling me that someone who holds FOUR DEGREE's in Business is not qualified for his post?

The fact remains that BMC-Louisville has an open-enrollment policy meaning they basically accept just about anyone who can meet the financial requirements of the school (coming to terms on a payment plan w/ financial aid). Now, with this type of system comes a high drop out rate. Just like you would see at any Community College, etc. In other words, I can understand where criticism and harsh verbal slander comes about considering the percentage of dropouts at the school are very high.

How come no one on this page has brought up the fact that the school is expanding at a rate in which it will outgrow the University of Louisville within the next five years? The College has just debuted a new building on campus that provides plenty of new space, lecture rooms, etc. Also, within the next year, the Pilot's Association will be re-locating which will vacate another floor's worth of rooms and space. Everyone is quick to complain, but quite to compliment.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]

DUDE, I ATTENDED THE SCHOOL FOR TWO YEARS AND GRADUATED WITH A DEGREE THAT WOULD BE WORTH MORE IF I HAD GOTTEN IT OUT OF A CEREAL BOX...AND CHEAPER TOO IF I HAD! I AGREE WITH ALL OF THIS BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN IT...I AM NOT A YOUNG KID ATTENDING SCHOOL...I AM 47 AND WENT FOR AN EDUCATION AND ONLY GOT EDUCATED IN THE ART OF DECEPTION BY A SCHOOL. SO, YOUR ATTENDING THE SCHOOL, JAMES? DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR AND GET OUT BEFORE YOU ARE A VICTIM AS WELL. GOOD DAY.

• Rh
    RhondaIndyRN Jul 15, 2011

I am not a student at BMC but a student at a competing college in Indiana. BMC has a big lawsuit against them in 11 different states including Indiana. Just google it! Most regionally accredited schools will not accept credits from any "for profit" school. I'm sure it was probably in the "fine print" on the paperwork you signed.

• Donna Elizabeth Fiore Jul 15, 2011

I started at brown Mackie college of Phoenix on 11-30-2009; since I started I have been on the DEANs list and PRESIDENTS list and received a CLASSIC CITIZEN award. I never missed not one single day of school in 14 months, until I was Forced to sit out a month (WILLFUL OBSTRUCTION OF LEARNING) due to the College Surgical Tech Administrator and Head of the Department telling me, "Donna you are going to have to sit out in February 2011 because no one is teaching that class next month and it is no longer a required class to take as credits for your associates degree in surgical technology" I said well put me in a class I need I said back. I don’t want to sit out... She returned with well you are one month ahead of everyone so they have to catch up to you. I said BUT I DONT WANT TO SIT OUT. She said there is really nothing I can do so she walks me to the financial aid Department tells Patti (The Financial aid supervisor) that I need to sit out next month and then she walks away and leaves me with Patti. I said Patti I don’t want to sit out, and I am Very upset I wanted to have perfect attendance through my whole academic career. She said ok you can leave now. So I was dumb founded. So I went to Patrick who works at the registrar’s office and I asked him, what is the next class you have me scheduled for? And he said Pharmacy for the surgical technologist. I said thank you and let. But I was even dumber Founded and totally confused at the fact that I received a phone a phone call about two weeks later from an admissions rep that says Donna I need you to come in and sign a new enrollment agreement. I said WHAT?? WHY? She added well you’re no longer enrolled here at brown Mackie Phx and if you want to start your class in two weeks you need to re-enroll. I WAS IN COMPLETE SHOCK. I never dropped out I had my next class scheduled I was so upset. My now PERFECT ATTENDANCE and DEANS LITS was ruined. I made a name for myself at Brown Mackie and everyone who works there knows me. I went back to the college and I looked at the enrollment agreement and I noticed it said a little over 33, 000 as the cost for attendance. I said this is CRAZY it was originally paying 24, 000 now I have to pay 33, 000 she said well if you want to start class in two weeks.. So I felt like I had no choice because I never wanted to take off a month. She also said I need you to fill out this form why you dropped out of school. I SAID I NEVER DROPPED OUT I WAS FORCED TO SIT OUT SO PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT. She said well go ahead and fill this paper out anyway I need to put it in your file cause you are on probation it’s a standard thing that has to do with financial aid when you drop out.. I was pissed here i have this new lady talking down to me like I was a loser cause she thinks I dropped out. NOT CORRECT!!! FORCED TO WITHDRAW! I went to financial aid and all my aid was messed up now and i had to fill out a new award they charged me for the class i didn’t take but after three months of ### they finally gave me a refund but only for the class and fee not for the book charges. two days later I’m in class and financial aid want to see me so I leave class and Carol said I need you to sign this award I said I did with Patti the other day. Carol said well its wrong so sign this so i did and I went back to class with my copy and i noticed she was trying to rake out a Parent plus loan out on me when I am an independent student. So i went back said I want that original copy I signed, you can’t take a parent loan out on me. She gave me the biggest attitude. I said have the CORRECT award letter a new one and I will come back next break, I went back and told her I will review the new one but I need to get back to class. I will look this one over and bring it back. She said I WILL JUST HAVE YOU PULLED OUT OF CLASS LITERALLY YELLING AT ME WITH THE BIGGEST ATTITUDE, I SAID GO AHEAD BUT RIGHT NOW I AM MISSING OUT ON LEARNING BECAUSE OF YOUR MISTAKE IN THE FIRST PLACE. So on my next break I took my friend tiffany with me to see carol and she was still being rude to me in front of tiffany. I said please don’t get an attitude with me because of the mistakes you made... Tiffany could not believe the nerve of carol treating me that way. I also noticed when I got on my student portal to check my degree audit there were two separate DIFFERENT Degree audits. I was devastated my PERFECT WORLD I had created for myself had been crushed by these people that seemed like they no longer cared about me and my accomplishments of perfect attendance and my G.P.A of 3.69 which now on the portal said 2.80. I didn’t understand what the college had done to my little green progress line to see what I had left till I graduated. I went an spoke to Patrick in registrar, he said I have nothing to do with the portal, talk to bonnie, so I went to bonnie she said you need to log on to the new portal, I said what new portal and she told me. The new portal had no degree audit, and if i wanted to check my financial aid or account summery I had to click in the new portal that took me to the old one... I started having an issue and concerns with the student portal because it said i attempted 4 credits on one portion of the portal and the class was listed as unsuccessful attempt... and then I went to the other degree audit and it said I had changed programs... WHICH I NEVER DID... and it had a different class listed as credits taken credits unsuccessful... for two months I was putting tickets in to talk to someone higher up and I didn’t get much response other than a revolving door. I’m about to rip my hair out cause no one seems to think anything is wrong with my portal. I finally put a complaint into AZ Department of Post-Secondary Education and the President of the school called me and I went to talk to her and told her ALL the issues but I really didn’t get to far other then her apologizing ALOT for everyone at the college. She commented on how detail I am even over people that worked under her. She finally saw my side and realized I was having several problems. But the college and everyone down there have driven me to the point that I don’t even care. They willfully held me from learning they willfully forced me to ruin my 14 months perfect attendance, and my dean’s list. Not to mention I had Pell grant money returned to dept. of education. I feel sabotaged, after all the hard work I put into Brown Mackie Phx I feel they were willfully obstructing me and holding me back in every imaginable way possible :( I was under the understand I was half time cause i took 8 credits in the term but they said I needed to take all 12. Something is not right with what everyone is doing or should I say lack thereof...

• Donna Elizabeth Fiore Jul 15, 2011

i agree phx has the same issue but i got proof.. the president of the school was so apologetic to me. but its not good enough..

• Mo
    moon_goddess235 Jul 24, 2011

I would absolutely be on board with pursuing legal action against! I got my "Associates degree" in Applied Science with a focus on Pharmacy Technician certification. Too bad no one at BMC would tell you that all you need to get certified as a Pharmacy Tech is to by a book from Amazon.com that costs about $60, study until you know it all very well, then pay another $135 to take the National certification test. So what does that total out to, just under $200? Versus the $28, 000 I now owe the government in student loans to pay those frauds?? Anyone thinking about going to BMC, please reconsider. People used to look down on community college students, but they look down even further on the degrees that come out of these ridiculous schools. I, too, just started back to school at the local state college, and guess what? They don't accept BMC credits...of course, I was kind of almost expecting it. Another girl I was in class with started looking into moving on to another school after she did her 2 years at BMC, and was told the same thing. So, that 2 years might as well be flushed down the toilet, along with my tuition, because that's all it's worth.
    If anyone who has written here is serious about pursuing legal action against BMC, please feel free to contact me @ [email protected] I would be ecstatic to give my sworn testimony against them for making so many promises that just weren't true at all.

starr12 Jul 24, 2011

although you are true in your comments regarding brown mackie this is what i've learned it is not the education atleast not at the two locations i've attended. the cincinnati and ft mitchell ky branch. the problem with this school is the way it is run!! brown mackie does not tell its students that many schools do not take their credits . they know it and won't give that info because it will ultimatly hurt their bottom line. the reason is that brown mackie and schools like it are nationally accredited by the ACICS and bigger
    tech schools and universities are regionally accredited. all this coupled with the fact that it is some kind of un-named war going on between proprietary schools and bigger universities. the universities think they are better but they dont realize the world is changing and more employers are seeking career specific training in these fields especially healthcare but I digress... brown mackie is deceiving its students and that needs to be stopped. also there financial aid packaging i do not agree with they package you for every three months so if something happens beyond your control and you have to leave school ..let's say the second week of the second month they claim they have to pay back your federal aid but then you owe the school for the rest of that three months so in reality you pay the school for time they did not teach you and i think thats BS!! I have gotten my degree at brown mackie in medical assisting and in some ways I know more than a LPN and it is an accomplishment so do not think its not worth much! your degree noone can take away! the problem arrise when those of us students that want to further their education and/or credentials cant because of accredidation. its fine for those who stops here. I was not one of these students i have a bigger dream thus a bigger goal! I have serious issues with this school even down to how they do the externships. Im a vet. because of my daughters illness's and this schools policies I am over 30 grand in the whole and 6 years of my life to get a two year degree!! that is unacceptable but things wont change unless we change it!! first I suggest everyone find the organization that regulates the propreitary schools in your area call your state board of ed or board of regents complain through them first then lets take it to the streets!!! I can be reached on this thread

• Donna Elizabeth Fiore Jul 25, 2011

I agree. However they are being deceptive in alot more ways like u can get a refund just ask them for one by law they they have to its your money. They will do a re pack on you.

• Ak
    akeytomyheart Aug 10, 2011

I attended the Brown Mackie College in Boise, Idaho. After a couple of months of classes that I believe were unnecessary I was told I could not take a month off for medical issues. I was charged for those classes that I had to drop and am still paying for them. In the first two months of classes they tried to do 2 tuition hikes which thankfully the students protested. However we were still paying over $1000 per 3 credit class. Some people came in with Associate degrees and they were told most if not all of their classes that they took would not transfer over. We were all made to take a stupid class and pay for it even though credits would not be given. Also I called them on the fact that they promised to be accredited by a certain date and that date lapsed. After having issues with my back from the 50 minute drive there and back plus sitting in a chair all daylong I had to take medical leave. They were not willing to work around it so I could still attend. My Dr. said for my health I had to take time off. I had to drop out of school and am still paying for it to this day. It is a scam, this school allows anyone and everyone in even if they know they can't afford it, or can't do the work. It is very sad that many of us have had to pay to learn a lesson like this. Even our Vet Tech Instructor left before I left the school. She was very uneasy about how everything was playing out with it. Thanks Obama for asking schools like this to pop up and make a quick buck at the expense of voters.

starr12 Aug 10, 2011

Wait a damn minute do not blame Obama for this! Brown Mackie was in business way before he got in office. He actually been trying to regulate these types of schools! He has received much opposition from the gop why because they are the ones that own the schools! I believe the Koch brothers own stock in the parent company. Get your facts straight before. Making a post next time. Anything that Obama has done to better the life of ordinary people the gop stops it! You don't have to support this president but at least be informed and fair!

• Co
    country3 Aug 26, 2011

My daughter is within 2 months of having her associates degree in criminal justice. She talked to her counciler on Monday and signed up to take her classes for her Bachelor's degree and the laTdy gave her a paper with the curriculum list. We went in today to arrange the finances of which we have had to pay every penny, we do not qualify for any assistance. They tell her that 5 of the classes she has already taken and are on the curriculum do not apply. They said that it changed in February, although the counciler admitted she did not know it. They had not updated the paperwork that she was given initially. The only answer that we were given after being handed off to the fourth person was they were sorry and had made a mistake. I don't know if we have any legal options or not, but we were basically told that if she did not want to continue to go somewhere else. The only thing is the credits are not accepted by anyone else!! At a total loss of what to do.

• Sm
    Smarie2011 Sep 26, 2011

I attend the Brown Mackie in Louisville and just found out that they are being investingated and might go bankrupt. There tuton rates increase and allthough you have a signed contract you still have to pay the extra fees. I have only been going there since july and they already want me to take out another 1600 on my student loans. They told me that books were included in the cost and at my last sit down with financial aid they told me that my account went over on book cost and that i needed to pay more money. They took me out of class just so i would have to wait and to be told that i need to pay more money to the school when i asked about making monthly payments she told me that the cost every month would be low and when i asked how much i would have to pay everymonth she told me 345 a month (thats almost my mortgage payment on a 180, 000 home loan) that is not cheap for a 19 year old mother of two. the LPN director left becuase the school wouldnt give student there diploma because they still owed moeny to the school. This is school is a bunch of bull ### and every student who goes there should not have to pay anything back except for there books.