Brotherford RoofingWill not fix damage caused by faulty workmanship

R

Recently I noticed a small spot where some water had leaked in the corner of my bedroom ceiling. Wanting to proactively avert any future damage, I checked to see where it was coming from and confirmed that it was where my chimney met the roof. I proceeded to get a couple bids for repair, the second of which was from Brotherford Roofing. Their representative initially quoted me $300 for the repair, which was $25 less than my first bid. After talking to his boss, he came back and said the lowest he could do it for was $320. This seemed a little unprofessional, but nothing compared to what followed. I agreed to the repair, per the quote, and was told that it would be done on Tuesday, 11/20. I came home that day, and couldn't tell that any work had been done, but called the roofer (Devin), who assured me it had. Rain was forecast for the next day, so I wanted to make sure everything had been completed. Upon arriving at home the next day, which was quite rainy, I checked the area in the bedroom where I noticed the leak. Water was now dripping down the side of the wall, and huge bubbles had formed in the seam of the drywall. The wall, which originally need a little touch-up paint from a 2-inch diameter water spot, was now completely damaged. Keep in mind, this was ONE day after Brotherford supposedly fixed the leak. Coincidence? I think not. According to their paperwork, Brotherford has a 1-year warranty on their work, so I called Devin, the contractor. He assured me that they would be out the next day as soon as the rain let up. I took time off work to meet him at the house. Almost immediately, he claimed that they would not fix the damage (in fact, before I even asked), and said that if that's what I wanted, his boss didn't want my business. Now I'm left with a wall that is completely water damaged and the entire section of drywall and possibly more needing to be replaced, due to Brotherfords negligence. They refuse to return my calls to even discuss the matter at this point, even though I'm simply asking for them to live up to their obligations and their own warranty! I will likely pursue legal avenues as well, but please avoid Brotherford at all cost! They do not stand behind their work, and walk away when something goes wrong. Don't let this happen to you!

More Brotherford Roofing Complaints & Reviews

Chris Kowieski Oct 29, 2009

RYAN KOWIESKI, 3104 FOX HOLLOW DIRVE, LITTLE ELM, TEXAS 75068 PHONE #[protected], DID NOT PAY FOR THE WORK HE SIGNED UP FOR. RYAN SENT A BAD CHECK, CHECK #1112 VIEW POINT BANK ACCOUNT #[protected], HIS CHECK BOUNCED DUE TO INSUFICIENT FUNDS. HE JUST CAN'T AFFORD THE REPAIRS AND NEEDS TO TAKE THIS COMPLAIN BACK.

CONCERN NAIGHBOR

Anne12345 Jan 02, 2017

I totally agree with what he said about brotherhood roofing. We has a same issue( water leaks from roof), and they refused to fix it even if I paid all cost. Also, Sebastian didn't call me back and yelled at me not to call him. I don't know what is wrong with this guy. This company is not trustworthy at all. I had to spent another money to fix my roof by another roofing company. My biggest mistake was believing good reviews from yelp, and choose brotherhood roofing. He just can't bare with bad reviews, and make people who leave bad reviews annoying. That is why it is hard to find bad reviews about brotherhood roofing. Stay away from this company if you want have a right job on your roof without any issues.