Broad Design Groupnever recieved anything

We hired them to do architectural drawings, they advertise as a lic ar, chitect they are unlicensed, the drawing was terrible I could have done it on my computer better, they were not complete were paid in full and did nothing beware of this man and company

Colindrewbroadus Apr 01, 2018

Oh FYI Drew is my middle name dummy lol

Colindrewbroadus Apr 01, 2018

This is all the same guy who basically wanted to redesign something for free. If you provide the design instead of letting me design it and wait til a complete plan set has been drawn based on your design then decide you want to change the entire layout that YOU DESIGNED that is not correction people. Corrections involve mistakes made by the service provider. These are Amendments/Revisions/Redesigns not corrections which ARE NOT FREE especially after a plan set has been finalized with your review every step of the way. Then magically upon receiving an invoice for final payment after receiving a proof copy to show you they are complete yet you can't steal it and balk at paying me then and only then did you suddenly find fault with the work to avoid paying and want to rearrange the entire layout which you yourself designed. Maybe next time you will not attempt to play amateur architect instead of taking for granted that there are reasons we go to school and a bachelors in architecture takes 5 years instead of 4 like most fields of study. Also the fact that you say you tried to give an "inner city" architect a chance speaks to both your ignorance and closet racism. Inner city? Who told you I was from the "Inner city" I was a finalist on HGTV Design Stars, a top 40 under 40 award winner and have a long list of references from satisfied cooperative clients. I told you settle up on what was contracted and then we can move further but you're not going to invent more work everytime an additional payment is due. Contrary to your bigotry and beliefs all black people aren't gullible [censor] nor are are services supposed to be automatically discounted and our contracts open for debate everytime a payment is due just because you are black and you feel we should be grateful that a white anglo saxon male is willing to do business with us. Top of my class my entire academic career in my "non-inner" city schools I attended throughout my straight A student life. So having said that anyone that gives credence to any of your racist ignorant rant is just as ignorant and racist as you and can keep their projects as I can do without them and the nonsense that comes with.

ColinScamArtist Apr 24, 2017

********This complaint board page needs to be the FIRST THING that Google shows when somebody searches for Colin Broadus Lex the don. Maybe others can be spared the misery. SO I REPEAT :

WARNING: Colin Broadus (aka: Lex Da Don, Lex The Don, Colin Drew, Colin Drew Broadus, etc) is NOT an architect...unless he means someone highly skilled in the design & construction of pure bulls#t. What he is is a textbook SOCIOPATH. He exhibits every single trait on the diagnostic checklist:

- massive sense of entitlement

Before you "hire" Colin Broadus, look up 'Lex The Don' or 'Lex TBT Entertainment' on Google. Just in case the pages suddenly and mysteriously disappear, I am adding some screen shots of his many PUBLIC Facebook identities along with some of his photos and posts. You tell me: IS THIS AN ARCHITECT? This is the guy that showed up to my home. You would think a criminal would be a bit more discreet but...Colin isn't just a criminal. He's a sociopath.

STAY AWAY FROM LEX THE DON COLIN BROADUS COLIN DREW DESIGN GROUP -- YOU WILL BE ROBBED BLIND.

ColinBroadusIsACriminal Apr 22, 2017

Warning: colin broadus (aka: lex da don, lex the don, colin drew, colin drew broadus, etc) is not an architect... unless he means someone highly skilled in the design & construction of pure bulls#t. what he is is a textbook sociopath. he exhibits every single trait on the diagnostic checklist:

- massive sense of entitlement

Just look at the self defense he puts up in response to the complaints in this forum - seems he has a whole lot of knowledge on how the legal system works. well of course he does. you have to learn the system in order to beat it time and time again.

There is a whole group of people right here on this site who would love to be able to file a legal claim against colin broadus. why is it that none of us have been able to do so?? in fact, since several of us have spoken to one another already i'll bet we can file a class action — all we need is some real information from you sir:

*what is your legally registered business name, where exactly is your company registered, and what is the physical operating address of your office??*

Yeah, we'll keep waiting...

And who in their right mind would "share their real identity" or give specific details of their experience with him given they are dealing with colin broadus, a common criminal who was arrested on rape charges (article easily found online), who calls himself an architect and then brazenly posts pictures of himself all over social media posing as some gangster rap star. you're not fooling anyone anymore pal. take a seat.

Before you "hire" colin broadus, look up 'lex the don' or 'lex tbt entertainment' on google. just in case the pages suddenly and mysteriously disappear, I am adding some screen shots of his many public facebook identities along with some of his photos and posts. you tell me: is this an architect? this is the guy that showed up to my home. you would think a criminal would be a bit more discreet but... colin isn't just a criminal. he's a sociopath.

Colin broadus is a nobody, a total zero with zero real talent who is funding a fantasy of being recognized as a real rap artist by ripping off people who actually work for a living. he's a soulless parasite and all you'll end up with is a load of stress and total financial loss with no recourse and nothing to show for it. even the police shook their heads in amazement at his game when I tried to file a report (unfortunately, there was nothing they could do, be warned). he's got it down pat, like every other bottom feeding con man... that is, until one day when karma will eventually send in the feds.

Of course, he will now just switch up his game and maybe send somebody else to your door in his place to pose as an architect (or whatever else) but make no mistake, avoid colin broadus lex da don. spread the word.

ColinBroadusIsACriminal Apr 22, 2017

*scam alert: here's your "architect" colin broadus.
    Stay away!

• So
    SociopathAlert Apr 21, 2017

WARNING: Colin Broadus (aka: Lex Da Don, Lex The Don, Colin Drew, Colin Drew Broadus, etc) is NOT an architect...unless of course he means someone highly skilled in the design and construction of pure ####. What he is is a textbook SOCIOPATH. He exhibits every single trait on the diagnostic checklist:

- massive sense of entitlement

Just look at the self defense he puts up in response to the complaints in this forum - that of a self-righteous narcissist who protests WAY too much. Seems he has a whole lot of knowledge on how the legal system works. Well of course he does. You have to learn the system in order to beat it time and time again.

There's a whole group of people right here on this site who would LOVE to be able to file a legal claim against COLIN BROADUS. Why is it that none of us have been able to do so? In fact, since several of us have spoken to one another already, I'll bet we can file a class action -- all we need is some real information from you, Sir:

***WHAT IS YOUR LEGALLY REGISTERED BUSINESS NAME, WHERE EXACTLY IS YOUR COMPANY REGISTERED, AND WHAT IS THE PHYSICAL OPERATING ADDRESS OF YOUR OFFICE??***

Yeah, we'll keep waiting ...

**And who in their right mind** would "share their real identity" or give specific details of their experience with him given they are dealing with Colin Broadus, a common criminal who was ARRESTED on RAPE charges (article easily found online), who calls himself an architect and then brazenly posts pictures of himself all over social media posing as some wannabe gangster rap star. You're not fooling anyone anymore, pal. Take a seat.

Before you "hire" Colin Broadus, look up 'Lex The Don' or 'Lex TBT Entertainment' on Google. Just in case the pages suddenly and mysteriously disappear, I am adding some screen shots of his many PUBLIC Facebook identities along with some of his photos and posts. You tell me: IS THIS AN ARCHITECT?This is the guy that showed up to my home. You would think a criminal would be a bit more discreet but...Colin isn't just a criminal. He's a sociopath.

Ultimately, Colin Broadus is a nobody, a wannabe who is funding a fantasy of being recognized as a real rap artist by ripping off people who actually work for a living. He's a soulless parasite and all you'll end up with is a load of stress and total financial loss (thousands for me) with no recourse and nothing to show for it. Even the police shook their heads in amazement at his game when I tried to file a report (unfortunately, there was nothing they could do, be warned). He's got it down pat, like every other bottom feeding con man...that is, until one day when Karma will eventually send in the Feds.

Of course, he will now just switch up his game and maybe send somebody else to your door in his place to pose as an architect (or whatever else) but make no mistake, AVOID COLIN BROADUS LEX THE DON. Spread the word.

• My
    My name was already taken Feb 23, 2017

As I stated my name was taken already. Who is Jason Miles? I did not contract with him. You had the checks made out to Colin Drew Broadus and cashed for invoices for what ever company you use at the time.

I was accurate when I described how long you were late in providing any drawings, the inaccuracies in them, your never seeing the apartment, the demand for payment without providing client approved engineer signed Board and DOB ready drawings, and the court judgement against you.

Jason miles Feb 23, 2017

Here's proof for any honest person. That you received the proof copy showing they were completed. Thus making final payment do as per our written agreement. So there you have it. Someone who I have had payment issues issues with from the very first due day expecting me to go ahead and send the copy without proof before receiving payment. Now you resort to lying and slander. Carry on as I always keep proof. Thank god for technology and screenshots

Jason miles Feb 23, 2017

Post a copy of conversations and our agreement. You cant because you are lying thus the fake name which is the actions of a coward. I will though. So carry on

• My
    My name was already taken Feb 23, 2017

Colin Drew Broads is listed under several names including Colin Drew Designs & Co LLC. He contracted with me for a renovation in NYC in June of 2016, assuring me of signed by an engineer drawings within a few weeks and DOB approval with in 6 weeks. With multiple attempts to arrange visits, he never stepped in the apartment, said my measurements were good enough, produced 1 page of drawing months after promised with windows missing and demand more money. His responses as you can tell from the above are rambling rants that make him seem the victim. He has emailed that he is withdrawing from the project twice, but then shows up again with some incomplete work when he wants more money, maybe the rent is due.
    After 7 months of dragging the project out without final signed customer approved drawings ready for Board and DOB submission, I sued in NYC Small Claims court and have a judgement against him. His response has been "I ain't giving you sh**." I hired another licensed architect and have the drawings ready in less than a month. Stay away. He does not act professionally, seems mentally unstable, and has a pattern of doing this over and over. Police reports are interesting, I wish I saw them prior to contracting.

Jason miles Sep 07, 2016

How about you use a real name. Oh no you can't do that because you will be sued for defamation probably. I see nothing but fake names and defamatory rants with no details what soever just vague ranting. Also I find it hilarious that because you can file legal complaints with a person's name which you clearly have. How utterly stupid does it sound accusing them of having checks written to a fake business name that doesn't exist. How would he cash them? You have to have a business account to cash business checks. You can't get a business account without a tax id number in that business' name. All of these would be court cases if legit but that's just it. You have to have prove to win in court but in the court of public opinion accusation is all that's needed.

ColinFraud Sep 07, 2016

If you are not a scam, Colin, please list your legally registered business name, business mailing address, business phone number, and let people file their complaints through legal means as you say for everyone to see here how honest you are. Without that information, you cannot be brought to claims court. If the courts cannot find you, they cannot get you to appear in court. Make yourself transparent and let everyone file a legal claim against you in court if they have a complaint. Also, where is your business registered? i cannot even find record of you as a legitimate registered business. Are you having people write checks to a business that doesn't even exist? That's fraud and also tax fraud.

Jason miles Feb 23, 2017

@ColinFraud You do realize realize how foolish you sound saying checks were written to a business that doesn't exist. How were they cashed or deposited then. You do realize a tax id number and all other business registration paperwork paperwork is required to open a business account right?

Jason miles Feb 01, 2016

I'm stunned by the witch hunt but noticeably no legal action whatsoever which if this guy was the devil in the flesh would be a slam dunk to get your money back. Plus what's with all the cowardly anonymous ranting at that. Seems like the complainers are a bit on the shady side.

Colin Broadus Apr 08, 2015

Also notice no one has provided any real details to their claims just a lot of profanity ridden inarticulate hate speech in an obvious attempt to slander some ones name and damage their reputation. yet no details about what supposedly happened which proves my point. a judge would then say how did he cheat you and do you have evidence of that? which they do not. just based on the tones of these emails alone it should be obvious to anyone with common sense that I there were details or proof they would put that up here. simple copy and paste. the catch is you can't copy and paste that which does not exist.

Colin Broadus Apr 08, 2015

Funny how people hide their identity behind fake email addresses and names to file complaints. I they are legit show yourself or is it that you fear legal recourse for slander and defamation of character which could be proven via tons of email printouts where they acknowledged receiving what they paid for and tried to add additional items to the project scope without paying additional fees or ran out of funding for their project and tried to cut their losses by stiffing me on the final payment for the completed plans since you contracted me to design and draw not build so once I design and draw you owe me for the service and it is not my problem if you are unable to build it because you bit off more than you could chew. I provide a service you pay for it plain and simple. The next scenario is that I used to give the final drawings to clients before asking for final payment but started getting burned by deadbeat clients that once they had what they needed would refuse to pay the remaining balance so I started sending proof copies with watermarks in the center of the pages in the same manner as photographers so you could see that it was complete however you could not use them and not pay me what you owed. Instead you had to pay me before I release the final copy without the water mark. Only people with intentions of cheating you would have a problem with this method. The finally the most recent and most popular scenario to scam their way out of paying us is this complaint board where the project would going going smooth thru all phases then magically after you have rushed us for your drawings conveniently forgetting (even though we have a signed contract that states it) that each stage requires the next payment before it is initiated and you have proof that the previous stage is complete they happen to come across these bogus and all too fraudulent complaints and next thing I know I get a nasty email or call saying prove this and prove that before I give you the next payment and I decline since the payment is already due and you had no complaints when I sent your drawings for the previous stage and as usual the complaints always arise when a payment is due. Never got one complaint that didnt immediately follow an invoice which by the way we only send out until the previous phase is complete and approved by the client. So after I refuse to bend and allow them to ignore the agreement if for no other reason but that if it was me not living up to it's terms or trying to renegotiate it in the middle of the project that would be deemed completely unacceptable. So to no surprise they refuse to pay I in turn refuse to continue the work unless done in accordance to the WRITTEN AGREEMENT and they resort to slander which I find to be not only unprofessional but also very childish, dishonest and most importantly unethical. So I say to anyone that comes across these fraudulent complaints, ask yourself why these people A) use fake identities to make these complaints, B) why wouldn't they simply take legal action if their claims are true and C) since we have been in business since 2007 why are there not dozens if not hundreds of these complaints and with real identities if there is such gross negligence on our part? Wouldn't more people be complaining. After almost 10 years of business and hundreds of clients why isn't there tons of complaints and LAW SUITS on record? Here is why...These are bitter, dishonest, disgruntle, mean spirited people who attempted to get something for nothing and did not succeed and the court would not entertain their claims for which they have no proof because they are not being truthful however these forums do not require proof or even notification to the accused party to give them the opportunity to defend themselves. However a Judge requires evidence and honesty and the only one that can provide proof to validate their claims is me as I keep every email and believe heavily in creating and maintaining a paper trail to every transaction and conversation between myself and the client and it is kind of hard to convince a judge that someone is passing themselves off as license when I can provide proof that we discussed my third party consultant that carries the license or can show the judge emails where they asked if I could provide licensing info and I sent them the State license number of my consultant along with his/her full name and title ie RA. (registered architect) or PE (professional engineer) and none of my advertisements claim that I am personally licensed and actual state that licensed PE/RA available or on staff depending on the ad. Also some of them Im sure have attempted to report me to the Dept. of Education whom governs/issues these licenses and gotten nowhere because my method of practice and representing myself is in full compliance of the board. I am certain of this because upon receipt of my first complaint from a disgruntle client from hell I was summoned to appear before the board for a hearing to determine if I was in fact posing as a license holder and was cleared of such claims and the Hearing Examiner actually took the time to help me avoid similar scenarios in the future by reviewing my ads.website and contracts and made suggestions for a few minor changes in wording so that it would leave no room at all or such false claims. So again its unfortunate that some people are this dishonest as to try to destroy someones livelihood all because you tried to cheat them or deal with them unfairly and break an agreement and rather than do whats right you resort to slander to get out of simply DOING THE RIGHT THING. However I will continue to provide good devices to good people and do my best to stay clear of dishonest people that clearly do not believe in karma. I hope that clears things up for anyone that comes across this as I can provide proof for everything I have stated. They however can not which is why there are here and not a court of law.

• Eq
    equalizer1121 Jan 01, 2015

he is a 100 percent thief, i gave an inner city architect a chance and he blew it. i agree he is a thief and someday he will meet the wrong guy and get his. NEVER use him or his company unless you want to pay for something and gt nothing in return

• Bo
    BossChickBD Aug 15, 2014

Its kind of strange that someone would attack the character of a teenager in the article attached that was possibly at the wrong place at the wrong time. That's IF that is even the same person that operates this particular company. And to add to the facts, the article says arrested, not convicted...smh. #ijs

BD

• Up
    upsetinQB Dec 28, 2013

Colin Broadus is a low level scam artist. I dealt with him in the spring of this year. Don't waste your time with him. He misrepresents himself as a licensed architect looking to scam small-businesspeople out of their hard earned money. His ads express competence and initially his phone demeanor does as well, but don't be fooled. He will not deliver what he promises.

• Po
    PolarisFLNY May 30, 2013

Same this happened to me. Paid Colin Broadus and Keon Henry $2, 000 and received absolutely nothing. Neither of them responded to numerous e-mails or phone calls. Upon further research, neither one is a license architect, even though Broadus represents himself as an architect.

ColinBroadus sucks Apr 01, 2013

Colin broadus the principal of the company broad design group was part of a group that raped and kidnapped a girl, he is a piece of # and a thief. do not do business with them broad design group are unprofessional unlicensed< and thieves never received my drawings or money back here is a link...http://www.nytimes.com/1997/12/15/nyregion/eight-arrested-in-the-imprisonment-and-beating-of-a-girl-15.html