Braman Audi of West Palm Beach complaints 2
Newest Braman Audi of West Palm Beach complaints
I bought a car from Braman Audi of West Palm Beach on Dec 22, 2021
I bought a car from Braman Audi of West Palm Beach on Dec 22, 2021. I finished paying for it in July 2022. I tried to get my remaining balance on my pre-paid gap insurance from them, but they didn't answer.
Me and my wife got a new 2018 Audi A5 Cabriolet from Braman ***
Me and my wife got a new 2018 Audi A5 Cabriolet from Braman ***. But the car started drinking oil like crazy while still under warranty. It's been in the shop at Audi for over 60 days in the last 3 months. I tried to reach out to the Service Manager and the General Manager a bunch of times, but they won't even call me back to let me know what's going on with my car. I wanna know what repairs they tried and what my rights are under the lemon law.
Is Braman Audi of West Palm Beach legit?
Braman Audi of West Palm Beach earns 87% level of Trustworthiness
Excellent Trust Notice: Braman Audi of West Palm Beach near-perfect at 87% trust. Use with confidence, maintaining usual caution.
We found clear and detailed contact information for Braman Audi of West Palm Beach. The company provides a physical address, 4 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.
A long registered date for audiwpb.com can be seen as a positive aspect for Braman Audi of West Palm Beach as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.
The age of Braman Audi of West Palm Beach's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.
Audiwpb.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.
Our scan shows Braman Audi of West Palm Beach website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.
Audiwpb.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.
However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:
- No reviews for audiwpb.com on popular sites. Be cautious and do additional research. Look for information about the Braman Audi of West Palm Beach and be careful with personal information or transactions.
- Website's registrar is popular among scammers, it means that a significant number of scammers have used that registrar to register domain names for their fraudulent websites. This can indicate that the registrar has lax verification processes, making it easier for scammers to register domains without providing accurate information.
- Audiwpb.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The audiwpb.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
- Braman Audi of West Palm Beach protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
- If you purchased a website from Braman Audi of West Palm Beach that is currently for sale, and you did not receive what you paid for, you may be a victim of a scam. To try and get your money back, you can try contacting the seller, filing a dispute with the payment platform, or reporting the seller to the relevant authorities.