Brainhost.comscammers

These guys are total scammers, they claim to host your site and in order to do that you give them your credit card number. I did this and it was supposed to be less than $4.95/mo. Well once they have your information - look out - they will rack up charges on it. Tried their customer service and can't get anywhere. Stay away from them www.brainhost.com. I am filing a complaint with the state and trying to get the charges reversed on my card - which they maxed out.

Saldary Apr 14, 2016

I can get no reply from these people and my website has been paid for all of the invoices say paid and still my site is expired and has been for at least 10 days the phone number is disconnected and the email just never gets answered I do not know if they are still operating.

• Ho
    Hooker Sep 23, 2014

looked at my discover bill & found a charge of $40.00 by brainhost.com, which was an unauthorized charge to the acct. this is dated september 4, 2014 ( 09/04/2014 ) of which neither my wife nor I purchased. i contacted Discover card company & alerted them to a fraud purchase on the account.

• Pe
    Peter Kerestur Jun 06, 2014

On June 2, 2014 you charged $120.40 for my web site run by you that does not exist. It used to exist, but somebody on your side took it off. Google "www.mynewperspective.com" and you get nothing. I haven't taken it off the web. I thought you, for one reason or another, had canceled it and I told to myself, "Okay, maybe I'm too controversial with my subjects, so be it." But checking my particular card's activity a couple of hours back, I found out that you had charged the account for a web site of mine that is not to be found. I want my refund. How do I go about it?

• To
    TOTB Mar 19, 2013

Can I say a few things about them? Little-to-no service after the sale. They act like they expect you to just get up and run a marathon and be some kind of techno-whiz when you know next to nothing about affiliate website operation and you're new to (everything). Watch a bunch of fast-paced blah, blah, blah videos and presto chango. You won't have to ask them a 1001 questions over the phone on all of the overwhelming features on the dashboard. Oh, and what about their attempt to overwhelm us with their well-polished knowledge pool to us newbies in their so-called 'tutorial' videos. YEAH RIGHT. Well, NOT IMPRESSIVE and a downright DETERRENT and a (DISCOURAGEMENT) to a beginner like myself. Thanks for NOTHING! Brainhost. Good job. You have the honors of being a self-centered, selfish agency that hogs all the knowledge to yourself. End of discussion...

• Me
    me_not_happy Feb 17, 2013

Guys, the name of the company says it all. Brain Host - runs by people with no BRAINS. So expect nothing good from them. Of all the hosting accounts that I have now, this is the worst of all. I have accounts with other companies and one that even runs 20+ sites without any hiccups at all. My account with Brain Host just runs 6 sites and already their server can't handle it. So what's the point of advertising unlimited this and unlimited that when you are limiting all resources? When you mislead your customers, it is just as good as you are lying to them and that makes you being called a "scammer". Maybe people in Brain Host for once should at least make an effort to use their BRAINS if they have any, to give better services to customers. Since day one all I've been getting from them are just nightmares. Too bad I'm stuck with them because I fell into the trap of buying a life account. I guess I should move all my sites to other hosting company and use this account of mine as a dumping ground. I'll stay on as long as they are surviving and hope they will go belly up then I'll feel satisfied. To promote or recommend their services to others - NEVER!!! Not worth the heartache and the headache.

jason zeeman Jan 18, 2013

i got just plain ripped off! I want my money...if i have to i will go there and get it myself!!!

jason zeeman Jan 18, 2013

I want my money back

keth Sep 20, 2012

i recieved a email to get a free website and got on brainhost and saw they charge

keth Sep 20, 2012

it is suppose to be free anyway from the website i got there from

• 20
    2010peter Sep 14, 2012

To cycool: I suggest you not waste your time trying to get a refund directly from Brian Host, rather call your credit card company and tell them you were a victim of fraud and tell your credit card company you didn't receive the product you paid them and want the charge to be reversed to your credit card account. I also suggest you tell the credit card company you attempted to phone Brian Host and have them refund the charges to you and you never did get through to them and neither will the credit card company be able to do so. The credit card company has the authority and ability to do a direct refund to your account and debit the account used by Brian Host even without Brian Host knowing the transaction is happening. It may take thirty days for you to see the charges reversed but it will happen.

• Cy
    cycool Sep 14, 2012

Brainhost sucks. I was asking for refund after buying host from them after few hours. But they just kept me hanging with their auto responder. Don't you guys be fooled by brainhost. They will keep you hanging if you asked for a refund. 100% money back guaranteed my ###.

• Hi
    hilary sperling Sep 05, 2012

i have asked my charge card company to cancel my charge due to scam and negativity feed back... still awaiting final answer from my charge card company/

• 20
    2010peter Jul 19, 2012

Do not take the responses made by Brain Host on this site as being the truth. Those posting comments from Brain Host are paid to make these posts in an attempt to give people the impression they are answering the complaints and settling the complaints. Neither is true and they will take your money. For those in the U.S. who charged the cost of purchase on their credit card can phone their credit card company at the phone number shown on the back of your credit card and report this as a fraud and your credit card company will be able to reverse the charges back into your account with the proof you have been defrauded by Brain Host or any other scammer. The word "fraud" is the key word and the credit card companies have to refund the money to you under the consumer protection law of the U.S. I have done this and was successful every time.

• Ra
    raj purohit r k Jul 09, 2012

i have pay according directions as introduce page but there no account log-in always invalid user name or password i think some thing is wrong in brain host

• Jh
    jhes87 Jun 24, 2012

OMG., thanks for this.. i nearly sign up and i found a lot of complaints about their website

• Brain Host Jun 08, 2012

Hallo Sharon,

If you let me know your website URL, I can look up your account and figure out what's going on.

Brain Host Customer Support
    [email protected]
    [protected]

• Sh
    SharonR64 Jun 07, 2012

WHEW, AM I GLAD I"M NOT ALONE!!!I have had many, many dealings with brain host(you notice they don't merit any capitals)usually through a free offer/through a website, but I still have to pay for hosting.Right now I'm trying to get back $187.29 which they extorted from my credit card.On the receipt was $79.68, but they took $187.29 from my credit card.To get into the service area of their site you need a username and password, they gave me neither.I've been through this enough times to know better than even try, so I won't.I've asked for a P.W. and user, but never got any.I've phoned them, with no results.I don't know what else to do.Can you sue these hosting outfits(there are others just like brain h.and worse)???Can anyone help me retrieve money??Or tell me what to do??
    June 07, 2012 by Sharon64

• Mi
    Michelle Caldwell May 04, 2012

BrainHost is owned by Vincent Edward Fisher, Mark Warren Jenney, and Victor J. Bierman III. They have been involved in a number of schemes and a number of law suits over the last few years.

127 Complaints 71 Comments $646, 892 Total Reported Damages

Brain Host also owns:
    mycreativesitedesigns.com
    freewebsite.com

• Ka
    karol purcell Feb 17, 2012

I don't even know what brainhost is supposed to do for it's customers.
    I have somehow been billed for a year of services, WHAT SERVICES ???????????

• So
    socky Jan 21, 2012

I was going to promote Brainhost so as to get my MobileMoney.com blog/website up
    and running but i thought i had better check out the complaints notices first like i usually
    do and hey presto just as well i did. Well if Brainhost is no good who can we use /has
    anyone out there had any success if so let me or all of us know
    Willing to get started
    artee

• Ho
    homerevenue and brainhost victim Dec 28, 2011

I live in Kenya, and homerevenueh/homewealthcreations website led me to Brainhost misleading me into believing that I could work for 1 hr at home and make some money by just clicking on some links.
    Anyway after 2 1/2 days and night of looking into i found out i had been cheated. Tried to get a refund of 129 dollars and nothing happened. In fact to sms the no. they give, it costs 159 dollars on skype.
    Now every month 9.95 dollars are being deducted from my account and I have not got any response from any of the emails i ve been sending. In fact some of the emails just bounce back. I don t know wat to do and time of 2 months is running out.

• Ra
    RANGASWAMY M Oct 29, 2011

sir kindly get refund of my purchased amount towards receipt no eb785-bb191 $44 90 i cant get your link i am simply loosing my money kindly get the refund

• Pa
    Paul23 Oct 11, 2011

I'm sick of the crap! I've tried and tried again to get my site running and I ALWAYS get sent to the "sorry, this transaction declined blah blah" page!! Every. Frakking. Time. Thankfully they haven't taken any money from my account...and if they do, they will be hearing about it! Brain Host...you truly are a failure and a disgrace to all Hosting companies. No wonder people don't trust the internet! With businesses like yours it's no wonder!

• Ty
    TY56 Sep 15, 2011

Jenny M. is none other than the infamous Mark Jenney. Who ought to be ashamed of himself.

• Ju
    june09 Aug 03, 2011

i feel so sorry because i lost money. i worked so hard for it and i thought that this brain host can help me. but its completely opposite. i feel so depressed about this. i cant understand if why are there people who take advantage to others. enjoy the money you got from hardworking people. you are all just lazy, stupid, liars and enjoy spending the money you have got from all of us. i know one day you will get the price for being so selfish.

kenneth blake Aug 03, 2011

i name is kenneth blake can you call me please on moblie [protected] or [protected]

• Es
    Esq Marvin Jul 30, 2011

So, "Jenny Masters", it is just a coincidence that 1) the Ohio Secretary of State has BOTH NSA Technologies and Brainhost listed to Vincent Fisher. 2) your office is actually located at 4000 Embassy Pkwy, the SAME location as NSA Technologies 3) The address on your website "world headquarters" 3660 Center Rd Brunswick, Ohio is a UPS Mailbox Store, the same exact scenario as the bbb outlined in their warning for NSA Tech http://www.bbb.org/akron/business-reviews/work-at-home-companies/nsa-technologies-in-akron-oh-143348871, AND finally 4) your business is centered on taking credit card information from people for websites. All four things are JUST a coincidence? Come on, same game different name. Total SCAMMERS

• Co
    Compass Jul 22, 2011

Yeah, right! You're Jenny Masters just like Mark Jenny isn't Mark Warren! You are FRAUDS.

• Brain Host Jul 21, 2011

Hi everyone. I’m sorry if there’s been any confusion here. Brain Host is not associated with NSA Technologies in any way. We are strictly a web hosting company – we provide customers the opportunity to start websites and we give them the space to do it. My name is actually Jennifer Masters, and I work here in the Customer Support department. If you have any questions about Brain Host, you can contact me directly at Jenny.Masters [at] brainhost.com. As always, you can reach our customer support by phone at [protected].

• Co
    Compass Jul 21, 2011

Everyone please note that "Jenny M" at "Brain Host Customer service" is a fake name for the one and only Mark Jenney himself, one of the king scammers at NSA Technologies, Brain Host, and numerous other fraudulent websites setup to steal from people. Successfully sued by the State of Ohio for cheating people on the internet (Go here for a summary: http://www.legalnewsline.com/news/228776-cordray-seeks-restitution-in-new-lawsuit) ... they are right back at it again! You would have thought they would learn their lesson. Watch out for these guys!

• Ue
    Uedoxia Jul 17, 2011

BRAIN HOST SUCKS AND LIED TO ME TOO!!!
    They were suppose to be giving me all these free upgrades when i first signed up but got nothing!! Plus They have been charging me an extra 14.95 for each new site. They lie and false advertise and they have the a HORRIBLE customer support team.
    MY ADVICE STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!
    Diane

• Te
    Terry Davies Jul 12, 2011

This is aload of rubbish, I joined Brainhost.com around a week ago, paid them around $170 to build me a website, they did it in about 6 hour for free, my website was superb, but I found later it was not what I needed, no fault of Brainhosts just mine. I got back to them by e mail and asked for my site to be closed and the return of my monies, this was done after one day.By the way the websites are free, you just pay for the hosting etc.
    Regards Terry Davies

• Jk
    jk ron Jul 10, 2011

brainhost chat support sucks.they offer suport from india.they speak dam hopeles english.chat opertor amanda, vincent, sophia, ronny are ridiculous.never solve problem.their servers r always down.they shuld hire gud suport team.

• Jk
    jk ron Jul 10, 2011

i agree with all complaints

• Es
    Esq Marvin Jun 27, 2011

Ghamilton is exactly right, it's just a matter of time. At their last scam company, most employees had no clue they were fraudulently billing and scamming people. One day they just let everyone go. They keep up a good illusion - take their employees out to dinner, big 5000th customer celebration parties, anything to keep the illusion going. They pay people to watch the web and try to hide complaints, staff heavy to keep new blood coming in. It's easy for them to throw a bunch of money at it when its unlimited as long as they keep perpetuating the scam. Bad guys, bad company.

• Li
    lil-kevy Jun 26, 2011

Had simalar problems with brainhost, they are partnered or are the same company as goclickcash system, they have charged me lots and delivered nothing but a nice website.

• Gh
    Ghamilton Jun 22, 2011

People must understand who they are dealing with.
    Vincent Fisher owned NSA Technologies and Upright Publishing.
    He owned this company with his partner Mark Jenney (www.markjenney.com and www.markjenneycares.com). The company they worked with was IVY Capital which was recently shut down by the FTC for scamming people out of over 40 million dollars. Vincent and Mark got rid of NSA Technologies before any ties could be made between the two companies.
    They fired over 150 people at NSA Technologies while still buying themselves cars, houses and other luxury items.
    Brain Host is just another front for their old company, its only a matter of time before the FTC makes the connection. Please dont use Brain Host.

• Cr
    cryan342000 Jun 17, 2011

Akron BBB > Business Directory > Web Design > BrainHost.com > Complaints
    BBB BUSINESS REVIEW BETA TEST OF NEW REVIEW FORMAT -- PLEASE SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK

overviewcomplaintsdirectionsWhat is a BBB Business Review?
    CONSUMER COMPLAINTS

Definitions | BBB Complaint Process | File a Complaint

• Lo
    loksmif May 24, 2011

Jenny

I wouldn't have your job. You operate in the land of "Fruits and nuts". I have had your service for a short time, but I can see that the majority of complaints are a direct result of the ignorance of the subscribers. Your plan and associated charges seem very well spelled out...however it is important to read them as some have failed to do. Keep up the good work!

• Brain Host May 09, 2011

Hi Brian - I can assure you we have an extensive support department, I just happen to be the person assigned to monitoring forums. :)

As for your hosting plan... the cheapest plan we offer is our four year plan, which works out to be $4.95 per month. However, as with most hosting companies you pay for the duration of the plan up front and are re-billed whenever your plan is set to renew. For example, if you sign up for a one year plan, you are billed every year. If you sign up for a two year plan, you are billed every two years. If you wish to pay a monthly price instead, you can switch to a monthly plan instead, which is $9.95 per month. All of this is explained on our order page, before you submit your order.

If you wish to change your hosting plan, please contact Customer Support. We also offer a 30-day guarantee if you wish to cancel.

Jenny M.