Bounty Towels / bounty paper towels

Ugh, Bounty paper towels smell like mildew. How does this get past inspection and into our homes. This product should be recalled. It does not clean, rather it leaves a horrible mildew spell behind. Essentially, using this product negatively impacts health and hygiene. Needs to be pulled off the market and apologize to consumers for expecting payment for a defective product. Looking for suggestions on the best replacement product. If Bounty is being sold to consumers, what else is Proctor and Gamble selling the is defective that we are consuming.

Ma
Jun 01, 2019

Comments

Sep 12, 2019

12 September 2019

Yes. Bounty paper towels smell terrible (seems like) all of a sudden. I purchase a 12-pack from Costco every couple of months (for years) and this is the first time I've ever noticed this creepy odor. The smell intensifies when wet but the towels reek in a dry state as well!

I don't know how to say this without saying this, but they smell of urine... semen... some kind of excreted animal/human substance. I WISH that these towels had a chemical smell (as some commenters have noted) because I don't even want to think about why they smell as they do.

Judging by the initial online complaints, it looked like the foul-smelling Bounty paper towels were all purchased at Costco but I'm seeing more and more complaints from users that have bought them from everywhere. I wonder what a chemical analysis would reveal - gross!